Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 5 Restaurants in Sligo.

• 12-07-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Am not from Sligo but am there occasionally.....if you were planning a weekend away there for couple what restaurants would locals recommend where food,drink,ambience etc is consistently very good to excellent

As regards typical Irish menu I’ve eaten in restaurant beside Toffs entrance door iykwim....good steak there imo.....have heard Donaghys is very nice but possibly overpriced?
    What Oriental places would people recommend for sit in night meal?

Would prob make a 2 night trip out of it so that’s why I’m looking fir a few ideas/suggestions of good places thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Donaghys is good food. Its expensive, but worth it.

Hargadons do some good food. had wings there before and they were delish, and I'm a fussy wing eater

Jalan Jalan is a nice place too for Chinese - though I'm not sure if they're doing dine in at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

The Venue, Strandhill. Casual dining, great food, nice bar to have a drink in.

Eala Bhan, a little more dressy, great food, costs a bit more but it’s worth it if you like putting on your finery.

Davis’s: caters for all tastes, very big menu, very good food, perfect if you have kids/teenagers.

Walkers: Haven’t been there yet myself, but have heard very good reports about food and ambiance.

Jalan Jalan is good for oriental food, a little bit cramped and there can be large tables of teenage parties which can be noisy, but I really like their menu and I think you get a lot for your money.

They are my 5, others will disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Agree on The Venue in Strandhill though the bar area is small so may have to stay in dining area if staying on for a drink after meal under current restrictions.

Had lunch in Bridgefoot House in the centre of town in February. It was excellent and thought very good value considering the quality on offer.

Walker 1781 is on the same street. It's run by the proprieters who previously has Luna in Dromhair. Had a great meal in Luna a few years ago so hopefully similar standards carry over to this venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

1. Donaghys
    2. Montemarte
    3. Nook - Collooney but great for brunch/lunch. Knox is great too
    4. Rugantino/Fabrica
    5. Jalan Jalan / Stoked -Strandhill
    6.Bistro Bianconi
    7. The strand bar

Never really liked Hooked, Eala Bhan or the Burger place

Dont know if all open but that'd be my recommenations .Havent tried bridgefoot inn, or Walker .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lotsobear

Donaghys is great regardless of if your in the bar or upstairs in the restaurant. Have been in Walkers, Andersons and Eala Bahn since restrictions were lifted, none of the staff had masks on..... Not acceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

My favourites In order

montmarte ( great food and service)
    Donaghy’s
    Rugitino with the kids
    Stoked ( Strandhill)
    Flipside For a dirty burger ( If hungover)

Was in walkers since it opened and like the last poster said no masks. Nice venue similar menu choices as their previous restaurants. The thing that got me me was the menu and listed prices were minus tax. So the steak was around €30 but advertised at € 27. Never had that in a restaurant before we’re not in America. . The overall meal inclusive of bottle of red and 3 drinks was €120 for 2 people with a shared starter and desert and no coffees. I though a bit overpriced .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hi All,

I'll be in Sligo next week with the family, what places do wood fired Pizza ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hi All,

The Bistro does great pizza. Their website still says it's delivery/collection only - not sure if it just hasn't been updated or if they're still not open for sit down

http://bistrobianconi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Bella & Brava in Coolaney is a new pizza restaurant that has recently opened, a bit outside town but really worth it. https://www.facebook.com/bellabravarestaurant/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Hi All,

Rugantino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

_feedback_ wrote: »
    The Bistro does great pizza. Their website still says it's delivery/collection only - not sure if it just hasn't been updated or if they're still not open for sit down

http://bistrobianconi.ie/

Not open for dining in as I tried to book a table this week ;)

Advertisement