Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Air 2 - did you get yours yet ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭neilc

Clareman wrote: »
    Brilliant, I ordered mine on Friday the 29th of May and it was delivered on Wednesday the 3rd by DHL, no problems at all.

Well it finally shipped last Friday but the bad boy has gone missing somewhere between China and here! Last scan on DHL was Saturday at 00:46 leaving DONGGUAN - CHINA MAINLAND. Just my luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

neilc wrote: »
    Well it finally shipped last Friday but the bad boy has gone missing somewhere between China and here! Last scan on DHL was Saturday at 00:46 leaving DONGGUAN - CHINA MAINLAND. Just my luck :D

Don't panic, mine sat on that for a couple of days as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just checked my emails there, I got the notification of the order being submitted on teh Friday at 17:02 and notification of delivery at 21:07 on the Wednesday, I remember it being delivered around lunch time though. I've found that during COVID that deliveries are extremely hit or miss.

Clareman wrote: »
    Just checked my emails there, I got the notification of the order being submitted on teh Friday at 17:02 and notification of delivery at 21:07 on the Wednesday, I remember it being delivered around lunch time though. I've found that during COVID that deliveries are extremely hit or miss.
    That’s very good in fairness!
    Still no change in my DHL status since 00:46 Friday night/Saturday morning. Would have loved to have had it for the weekend but not holding my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

Still no change in my DHL status since 00:46 Friday night/Saturday morning. Would have loved to have had it for the weekend but not holding my breath!

I bought mine in store in Harvey Norman, if it's any help for others who want to get theirs quick. Good price too, €1,049 for the fly more combo pack. Delighted I went for the combo pack.

• Advertisement

Quick update, it finally showed up in Amsterdam on the 17th but soon after ended up with a shipment on hold notice! DHL tell me I need to contact DJI, when I get them they say I need to talk to DHL. Finally found it failed dangerous goods regulations and is to be shipped back to China. Telling them it would be safer to deliver to me than go back to China as I’m a lot closer didn’t work. Anyway DJI emailed Friday that I’m a priority for a new shipment but haven’t got notice of one yet. Obviously the clock has started on the care refresh too so I’m going to try and get them to reset that date. Frustrating all round!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Quick update, it finally showed up in Amsterdam on the 17th but soon after ended up with a shipment on hold notice! DHL tell me I need to contact DJI, when I get them they say I need to talk to DHL. Finally found it failed dangerous goods regulations and is to be shipped back to China. Telling them it would be safer to deliver to me than go back to China as I’m a lot closer didn’t work. Anyway DJI emailed Friday that I’m a priority for a new shipment but haven’t got notice of one yet. Obviously the clock has started on the care refresh too so I’m going to try and get them to reset that date. Frustrating all round!

Just reply to the email that you got from DJI in relation to the care refresh and ask for it to be updated with the delivery date, I think they link care refresh to the first use of the drone so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Any joy yet Neil?

sumo12 wrote: »
    Any joy yet Neil?

No not yet, turning into a bit of a nightmare tbh. Paid for it on 4th of June and at the minute I’ve no idea when I’ll receive it! I escalated the case to a supervisor level last night on DJI online chat but I’m not holding my breath that’ll bear fruit, we’ll see. From a bit of online research I’ve been doing as well it appears the care refresh kicks in two days after payment and people have had issues getting the start date changed. That’s a battle I’ll fight later, just want the drone delivered for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

feckin hell, hope you'll get sorted mate and to be honest, I'd ask DJI to cancel the order and refund it
    as first was going to order from DJI as well but knowing that they're shipping it from China (and having bad experience with very long shipping times from other sites) decided to get it locally from Harveys, MA2 arrived in 2 days.

• Advertisement

Quick update, well it finally turned up last week out of the blue (after 22 days). It ended up staying on hold in Amsterdam for well over a week but they obviously didn’t end up sending it back to China! Weather hasn’t been great but have flown a few times. Very impressed so far, as it’s my first drone though it’ll take some time to get comfortable with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Quick question on the DJI Care.. Banggood,.com are offering a voucher with over 200Euro off..so look like landing the single battery verision Ireland around 650-680 Eur my question is can I then purchase a care ( insurance ) pack from DJI to cover it.... ?? From my brief reading it appears NOT>. BUT I cannot seem to get a definitive answer.!

You can buy it but you have to buy it within 48 hours of first using the drone.

Excellent - thank you Clareman ... after reading the fine print I am not sure if DJI Care worth having for what I want which is fly aways over water. :)

Silly me - it seems - DJI Care it does not cover the Mavic Air 2 anyway, which is what I am looking to purchase. !

eddie wrote: »
    Silly me - it seems - DJI Care it does not cover the Mavic Air 2 anyway, which is what I am looking to purchase. !

It does here though........

https://www.droneworksireland.ie/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-air-2/

eddie wrote: »

I contacted DJI Customer care and I asked again

----Question

Hi GLY,

I said "If I purchase " -- I have not purchased yet because I wanted to
    check out first.... that I could pruchase in China but register
    in Ireland and then get DJI care in ireland .

Can you advise..

----DJI Response

Hi Eddie,

Greetings from DJI Care Customer Support. We hope that this email finds you well.

Thank you for sending us an email about your concern. No worries. We're here to help you out. To answer your question, DJI Care Refresh only works in the country or region that you chose when purchasing the service plan. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Thank you for your patience. Enjoy your day.

Best regards,

So it seems that IF I want to fly in Ireland with a DJI care package I have to purchase the Drone in Ireland.!

Advertisement