Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

where is that? it'll need to be amazingly awesome to beat zaytoons..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

on dame street 2 doors up from Le Cirk Hotel which is across from central bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

where is that? it'll need to be amazingly awesome to beat zaytoons..

You've put me in the mood for Zaytoon now. Think I'll go there for lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Ishmaels - opposite Doheny & Nesbitts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

on dame street 2 doors up from Le Cirk Hotel which is across from central bank

oh man, on the same street as rick's? there's a heart attack waiting to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Mirch Masala on Church st

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zaytoon by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Mezza Parliament St. beside Zaytoons does the trick.Iskanders Dame St. is good going there years.(Til i joined the gym last year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Mezza is the bomb and they're really nice in there. The little guy is a scream. I can never remember his name because I only ask when I'm hammered. Something like TinTin. The rest of them are really chilled aswell. No problem with getting free sauce on anything and it's all much cheaper than Zaytoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Kofta Kebab from Iskanders are the business. :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

There's a kebab place on Kevin Street Lower, just near the junction with Wexford street that do GREAT kebabs. It may be called Hot Chilli, I don't quite remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I was there before they did it up. Thought is was disgusting. Everyone of our party woke up feeling rotten the next day. So much grease. More grease than meat in the taco fries. Grease soup with chips and cheese to taste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Not a fan of kebabs myself. But my boyfriend loves this great little place ABRAKEBABRA at 4am! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Toss up between Zaytoon and Iskanders but Zaytoon give you a lot more during the day.
    Tasty Hut on Dorset St also deserves a mention - its never busy so the portions are always very bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Proper restaurants:

1. Rotana
    2. Sufi's Cafe
    3. The Cedar Tree

Takeaways:

1. Passion 4 Food (Clanbrassil St.)
    2. Mezza
    3. Zaytoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i love the kebabs in istanbul in the epicurian

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Zaytoon..

by a country mile..although the original one in town is nicer than the one on camden st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

passion 4 food hands down.At 5.50 for a mixed donner it's both a steal and delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Can't believe this thread has reached a second page without anyone mentioning Kebabish on Clanbrassill St.
    Heaven....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Passion 4 Food for me too. Followed by Mezza,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

There's a new place on Capel St on the corner by the luas line. Pretty decent.

It'd be a poor second place to Zaytoon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Would reccommend Passion for Food as well. They have a great Kebab, at a excellent price.

Zaytoon's are also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Iskanders is nicest Turkish kebab I've had. Zaytoon's a different typa thing but their Chicken shish cannot be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

There's a kebab place on Kevin Street Lower, just near the junction with Wexford street that do GREAT kebabs. It may be called Hot Chilli, I don't quite remember.

I went to Kevin Street DIT and I can confirm that Hot Chilli (and Momo's on Aungier Street) are both awful kips. They use regular pitta bread instead of the traditional handmade flat bread (called Taboon) and their meats are dodgy as hell.

IMO you can't beat Zaytoon, Iskanders and Sultans on Georges Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Raekwon wrote: »
    IMO you can't beat Zaytoon, Iskanders and Sultans on Georges Street.

+1 on Zaytoons. The litmus test for if a kebab place is any good is if you'd happily eat there sober, and I would and have patronised Zaytoons in a stone cold sober state and enjoyed it just as much. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

+1 on Zaytoons. The litmus test for if a kebab place is any good is if you'd happily eat there sober, and I would and have patronised Zaytoons in a stone cold sober state and enjoyed it just as much. :cool:

+1 on your sober litmus test :D I'd happily sit down in a Zaytoons have scoff a kebab on my lunch break, but I've had a sober Iskanders before and it didn't taste as nice as when I'm half cut at 2am in the early hours of a Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

As a non-drinker, I can testify that the Zaytoon kebabs are mouth-wateringly delicious sober. Well, alcohol-free sobriety anyway ... ;)

At Zaytoon, the decent rations of good quality meat, salad and the freshly baked Persian bread help it blow the competition out of the water. The doner, mixed and barg kebabs are all delicious. It's also nice to get rice with your kebab instead of chips once in a while.

I love Zaytoon's chicken shish. Usually don't bother with rice or chips.

The only downside is that their cutlery is a bit crappy, makes cutting hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Zaytoons,day or night. Or both. Went to Paris a few years ago for a break with herself, got hit by a Zaytoons craving so bad on the flight home had to get a taxi straight there from the airport, bags and all :eek: . She wasn't impressed. Just REALLY like kebabs.

• Advertisement

Tasty Hut on Dorset St also deserves a mention - its never busy so the portions are always very bigger.

Really? Damn, used to live near that place, but never ate there.

Advertisement