Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Darc19 wrote: »
    Possibly "mis-directed" in that it went to the wrong delivery unit.

What part of Dublin are you in (city, west, south, north)

The delivery address was Dublin 2 , getting a bit concerned now that they've lost it or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

magoo84 wrote: »
    The delivery address was Dublin 2 , getting a bit concerned now that they've lost it or something else.

No it was in the right office .

RAVENSDALE ROAD D.S.U., DUBLIN 3 is the delivery office now for Dublin 2 & Dublin 4

An Post seem to have lost four parcels belonging to me in the space of a couple of days. Amazon have refunded me for all of them, which is great, but it's hardly their fault. Absolute joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

magoo84 wrote: »
    An Post seem to have lost four parcels belonging to me in the space of a couple of days. Amazon have refunded me for all of them, which is great, but it's hardly their fault. Absolute joke of a service.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Compared to the private companies An Post is a stellar service. Never had single issue with them. Not once.

The same cannot be said for the likes of DPD, or *shudder* Fastway. Now there's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tony EH wrote: »
    Compared to the private companies An Post is a stellar service. Never had single issue with them. Not once.

The same cannot be said for the likes of DPD, or *shudder* Fastway. Now there's a joke.

I have to agree with you there.

I know there was a bit of delay with An Post during the height of the Covid issue, but not anymore. But that might have been an Amazon issue too, who knows now?

And they are very polite delivery people too.

I have no connection with an Post at all, but seems like most things I order arrive via them on time via the tracking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I have to agree with you there.

I know there was a bit of delay with An Post during the height of the Covid issue, but not anymore. But that might have been an Amazon issue too, who knows now?

And they are very polite delivery people too.

I have no connection with an Post at all, but seems like most things I order arrive via them on time via the tracking thing.

I have no connection to An Post either, other than a very nice postie. But anything I've ordered online gets to me. Anything I've posted gets to where I posted it to. I, literally, have never had a problem with them.

I have several items on their way to me from Amazon now and today An Post has notified me that they are in the country and will be delivered in the next 2 working days (I'd have preferred a definite day, of course...but Covid and all that).

Plus, when they don't catch me in to take a delivery, they will leave an "undelivered" docket that I can use. I don't know any private courier that does that.

Wednesday, 22 July
    7:46 AM
    Delivered
    CORK SOUTH CITY D.S.U.,
    7:41 AM
    Out for delivery
    CORK SOUTH CITY D.S.U.,
    Tuesday, 21 July
    3:38 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Package has shipped

This seems to be the norm now with AnPost .How the they got from to my home from the depot in five minutes is anyones guess .But I still await my package .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

rebeve wrote: »
    Wednesday, 22 July
    7:46 AM
    Delivered
    CORK SOUTH CITY D.S.U.,
    7:41 AM
    Out for delivery
    CORK SOUTH CITY D.S.U.,
    Tuesday, 21 July
    3:38 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Package has shipped

This seems to be the norm now with AnPost .How the they got from to my home from the depot in five minutes is anyones guess .But I still await my package .

The "norm"

Wild exaggeration I think

An post process over 1 million parcels and packets a week and based one parcel, you say above is "the norm" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Iodine1

Couriers, never know when they are going to arrive and leave parcels or not? And they lose things, and send them to far corners of the country occasionally too. I have had it all, including companies claiming to have sent stuff out when they hadn't, and then blaming the post or the courier.

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    The "norm"

Wild exaggeration I think

An post process over 1 million parcels and packets a week and based one parcel, you say above is "the norm" LOL

If it was only the one , service has been very poor for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I had one from an post tracking on Friday,says ×> Privacy Policy
    To support your privacy rights our new Privacy Policy describes our use and sharing of cookies with our social media, advertising & analytics partners. We recommend that you review the Privacy Policy here, and follow the instructions to modify your cookie settings to suit your privacy preferences. Continued use of our site confirms your choice to accept our Privacy Policy and confirms your agreement to the processing of your personal data in line with our Policy and your preferences.
    An Post
    You are here: Home / Track Your Item

Post Office Locator
    The following is the history of item number: AZ 544 6xxxxx IE
    for Sender No.: DV9LRQVBT_1

Current Status

We tried to deliver your post 24-Jul-20
    14:32

Item History

Activity Date Reason
    We tried to deliver your post 24-Jul-20
    14:32
    Your post is out for delivery 24-Jul-20
    09:24
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 23-Jul-20
    13:29
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 23-Jul-20
    13:23
    So it turns out that there was no postman to deliver the post on that day, was told that may arrive on Saturday. On Monday tracking says it's in the sorting office in coolmine, you can't ring them, so I checked with customer service and they say it's definitely in coolmine sorting office. I don't know why it wasn't sent out on the Monday post, so drove to the sorting office, no it's not there. Back to customer service, they will send the coolmine office manager an email. Still nothing to report. An post is a circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have an Amazon order being delivered by An Post - due to be delivered yesterday & last tracking update was on 29th July stating "Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12" An Post saying another 1-3 working days due to "large volume of parcels received at the centre"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Same here. I'm waiting on an Amazon.de parcel since Wednesday which was due to be delivered by today. I paid for priority delivery so I will be looking for a refund of shipping costs. Another item from the order was delivered yesterday in an unmarked van. There seems to be no delays with packages small enough to come with the postman.

I'm also waiting on two parcels from Germany which were scanned by An Post on 29 and 30 July. I wonder if they have staff shortages this weekend.

Not sure how widespread it is but there will be amazon deliveries Saturday & Monday in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carlope2

12:01 on 30 July 2020

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Apes working there all i can say, still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Anyone have any experience with Colissimo? Ordered a small package from France.

Last thing on the tracking system was over a week ago. "Your package has left France".

Just wondering if you received it and how long it took?

I have a parcel that apparently left France on the 17th of July. Does anyone think I should be worried by now? I'm not sure when I should start chasing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Having issues with An Post as well with my amazon UK order. The tracking status said "Delivered" on 29th July at 18:00 even though it hasn't. The tracker updated before 18:00 that day as well.

I had this happened with my last order in June but the order came the next day so didn't think too much of it. This time I contacted an post on the web chat about it when it didn't show up the next day and they said it's an IT issue with the scanner and that there is a high volume of post. I waited another day and contacted them again and they said it should be there by now and that they have opened an "enquiry" on it and the guy told me to contact amazon.

I explained to Amazon and they ended up giving me a full refund and said if the item does show up they could arrange a return if I don't want it anymore which was pretty sound. Still the item has not shown up.

Anyone have similar experience with An Post? Only have this happening since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

An Post have taken at least two days to deliver all my Amazon orders in the last two weeks.

There were flawless in delivering the next working day before in my experience. Even if a package arrived in the Dublin Parcel Hub between 12 and 4 am it would be delivered that day.

FYI, my stuff showed up yesterday. Something went wrong during the transfer to a parcel locker apparently, but it was all present and correct.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    An Post have taken at least two days to deliver all my Amazon orders in the last two weeks.

There were flawless in delivering the next working day before in my experience. Even if a package arrived in the Dublin Parcel Hub between 12 and 4 am it would be delivered that day.

Lots of staff on leave at the moment and while temporary staff have been taken on they're not as efficient as the regular staff

I have a parcel that apparently left France on the 17th of July. Does anyone think I should be worried by now? I'm not sure when I should start chasing it up.

Just to follow up on this in case anyone else is wondering. I did chase it up and there was a problem on Colissimo's end. Once the shop got on to them they scanned it as exported again and I received it exactly one week after that. The An Post tracking didn't update until the day I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Received a letter yesterday posted in Cork last Saturday. Another letter posted from the UK THREE weeks ago arrived yesterday.
    That's a fairly poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Just to follow up on this in case anyone else is wondering. I did chase it up and there was a problem on Colissimo's end. Once the shop got on to them they scanned it as exported again and I received it exactly one week after that. The An Post tracking didn't update until the day I got it.

So it wasn't an post s fault the package was delayed?

So it wasn't an post s fault the package was delayed?

No, it wasn't, it was Colissimo. They had it scanned as having left France but it didn't actually go anywhere. I contacted the shop who contacted Colissimo. Colissimo scanned it again and then it actually left France.

An Post clearly processed it immediately once it got here. The first scan in Ireland was in the early hours of the morning and I got it that day. That was exactly one week after the last scan in France, which is quite normal I think, or maybe even a bit faster than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Registered package going to Germany took three days to get from the post office to DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 - Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 - Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

My insurance renewal was posted on the 9th of July and I just got it on Thursday. A whole month is a total joke from one part of Dublin to another.

Received a letter yesterday posted in Cork last Saturday

Still not good but it wouldn't have moved until Monday afternoon since there are no collections anywhere till then .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone know what packages from Eastern Europe are traveling like these days is there still a big delay, last one took 4 months to arrive, I have a few small ones on route and hoping that they have it back to some sort of normal timeframe,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Registered package going to Germany took three days to get from the post office to DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 - Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 - Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW

An update......

It took five days before leaving Ireland.

17 August 2020 21:10 Your post has left An Post PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

17 August 2020 07:34 Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

16 August 2020 10:46 We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW

An Post webchat will only say it's a misscan and it has left Ireland and is not being returned. Their website says...

€15.00
    3 - 5 working days
    High Quality Post
    Secure Delivery
    Track your item online
    Signature
    Inclusive Insurance up to €150

Interestingly, if you don't register it, it'll cost half the amount and get there in 2-3 days. :D:D:D

Advertisement