Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Anpost is working?

• 19-02-2017 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have a question about the packet delivery process in Ireland.
    I am living in a building and the mailbox area is in the ground floor. A friend of mine who's living in United States has sent me a packet but I'm going on a trip for a while. Will the postman let the packet in my letter box if I'm not at home?
    And the postman can access this part of the building where the mailbox are?

Thank you so much for the incoming answers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Hi OP; this post Isn't relevant for this forum, and to be honest I'm not sure what forum this post would be appropriate for, so I'm going to lock the thread.

My 2c: whenever I've had a parcel delivered to me that's too big to fit in my letter box, the parcel has been kept at the local sorting office, and an post have put a small note through the door telling me where I can pick it up. If the parcel can fit in your letterbox, it will be put there by the postman or by whatever means your apartment block arranges for post to make it to the post box

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement