Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal sending cash. Free fees.

• 07-12-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Paypal now seem to have free fees when sending someone cash with no currency exchange involved.
    I sent someone euros funded from my Revolut card and there were zero fees.
    Apologies if this is common knowledge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

F+F payments are free when you have the amount you are sending in your PayPal balance.If the payment is funded from a card or bank account directly you pay a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Be aware, you lose the ability to claim back the payment if things go wrong.

For example, if you buy something online and it doesn’t arrive or is not as described, with regular paypal, you can raise a dispute and stand a good chance of getting your Money back. With friends and family, you don’t have this benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,847 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

meep wrote: »
    Be aware, you lose the ability to claim back the payment if things go wrong.

For example, if you buy something online and it doesn’t arrive or is not as described, with regular paypal, you can raise a dispute and stand a good chance of getting your Money back. With friends and family, you don’t have this benefit.

That's why you don't buy from people who are gaming the system. If they don't want to play by the rules when you purchase what makes you think they will deal with issues when they arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

magentis wrote: »
    F+F payments are free when you have the amount you are sending in your PayPal balance.If the payment is funded from a card or bank account directly you pay a fee.

I had no money in my paypal account. I used a Revolut card and there were no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

magentis wrote: »

Not anymore, I’ve used the option several times in the past few months with no fee and I’ve never had a paypal balance

• Advertisement
Advertisement