Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonoff S26 UK 10A Mini Wifi Smart Socket

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

antodeco wrote: »
    I've had mine (total of 5 plugs) for the last few months. With the exception of my own internet not working, haven't had a single issue. Who is your ISP? I wonder are you running in a dual 5Ghz/2.4Ghz network that could be causing the issue

I run my Virgin Media in 2.4 and 5Ghz modes.
    I have them named as such so they are picked up as separate WiFi signals.

Will this cause problems with these plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

rom wrote: »
    Having 9 of theses for the last 3 months and they are junk and go offline all the time. You pay for what u get.
    kceire wrote: »
    I run my Virgin Media in 2.4 and 5Ghz modes.
    I have them named as such so they are picked up as separate WiFi signals.

Will this cause problems with these plugs?

Iirc, you won't be able to connect to the 5Ghz network, only the 2.4 one.

I've just the two here, and they're connected to 2 x living room lamps, and have never had a single issue with either, bar a few weeks ago, Google home didn't recognise the command to turn them off and on, but I think that was down to the app being updated, and was sorted the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

antodeco wrote: »
    On one of mine I've my TV, UPC box, android box and digital photo frame.
    Other has my Alexa, Hue Bridge, and home plugs . No issues with any of them.

Jaysis would you not be overloading them with all that no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I have only 2.4ghz enabled. I can see them as active dhcp clients. Internet is working fine. The servers went down for 12hrs or so a month ago. Check the other thread on sonoff here. Also loads of posts on reddit about it. Multiple ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Iirc, you won't be able to connect to the 5Ghz network, only the 2.4 one.

I've just the two here, and they're connected to 2 x living room lamps, and have never had a single issue with either, bar a few weeks ago, Google home didn't recognise the command to turn them off and on, but I think that was down to the app being updated, and was sorted the next morning.
    This has happened 4 or 5 times. For what they do this should never happen. The support might reply in a week or two. Sorry I bought them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I run a separate 2.4GHz network for all my "smart home" stuff and don't have any issues. When I ran them straight off the VM hub 3.0 they would disconnect all the time. Using a separate 2.4Ghz repeater seemed to resolve all the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Code expired😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Any one order from Dresslily.com? My order is still processing 3 weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Has anybody had these despatch from geek buying yet? Still processing for me.

Mine also still says processing.
    Ordered on 25th November.

• Advertisement

Customer support just got back to me.
    They said the expected dispatch date was 22nd Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah, same here.

Yeah, same here.

I strongly suspect that the folk who have been ordering these smart plugs at the full retail price are having their orders fulfilled, while those of us who got them at the promtional price are being put on the long finger.

I requested a refund yesterday and it was given to me without so much as a whimper.

I got a dispatch notice this morning. maybe you should have waited 1 more day :)

glasso wrote: »
    I got a dispatch notice this morning. maybe you should have waited 1 more day :)

Meh, I'm not too bothered, I was only buying them because they popped up as a special again.

Just didn't like the fact that they took my cash on the 25th of November, and weren't going to send my goods out until 23rd of December.

That's an unacceptable timeframe in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jaysis would you not be overloading them with all that no?

Nowhere near overloading. These are all low draw, with the TV typically running 200W, and the other items much lower. To put it in perspective, you could have ten 55" Samsung LED TVs running at once and one small kettle would have more of a demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I got my notice this morning too, geek buying must have known I was moaning online!

I got my notice this morning too, geek buying must have known I was moaning online!

yes - we should expect to get this mid-February I'd say!

Advertisement