Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Derby 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Zawraq is out, really hard to get excited about this years Derby. Hard to look past Golden Horn, I really like Jack Hobbs but think he's still a bit inexperienced and babyish. Golden Horn looks better at this stage of his career.

Wouldn't touch any of O'Briens, none have shown anything good enough to win a Derby. I think the top 3 will be the top 3 from the Dante although Storm The Stars could run a big race.
    Johner wrote: »
    I took some of the 2/1 available about Golden Horn this morning.

Happy with that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What an animal Golden Horn is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Backed Jack Hobbs but that Golden Horn is a top top animal. Some turn of foot.

Mouth watering clash between Golden Horn and Gleneagles over 10f could be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Mouth watering clash between Golden Horn and Gleneagles over 10f could be on the cards.

They'll avoid him once there's mile Gp 1s to be mopped up

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    They'll avoid him once there's mile Gp 1s to be mopped up

Maybe they will but I think Gleneagles will be better over 10f. Wonder will they send him to the Eclipse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The most enjoyable Derby in years, a proper winner, wouldn't take the 2nd or 3rd to hold off O'Brien's in the Irish Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Kudos to Carbon Dating for a huge run in the Derby considering his previous runs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Very expensive for me.
    Storm The Stars at 80s down to 30s for a nice win. Jack Hobbs for much less at 15.5. A hefty place lay of Golden Horn.
    Storm The Stars and Jack Hobbs in trifectas with a few others but not the winner.
    A masterful ride on the winning jockey. Stayed well off the false pace.

tryfix wrote: »
    Kudos to Carbon Dating for a huge run in the Derby considering his previous runs..

Was about to post this. Ran a blinder. Was running on right at the end. Finished 8th but not beaten far by O Briens big guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Enjoyed the race immensely. Connections must be over the moon, they surely didn't realise the horse they had on their hands coming into the season. I wonder what O,briens plan for the Irish derby is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭rule supreme

The irish Derby could be an even better race if new bay , highland reel ,and todays derby placed horses were to show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Despite a lot of people crabbing the quality of the race beforehand and the lack of strength in depth I thought it looked to be a strong enough renewal on first watching.

Delighted to see Golden Horn win convincingly (backed him in the Dante but not today) - potential superstar in the making IMO, still think 10 furlongs is his optimum though. That Nottingham maiden he won last year was a hot enough race in hindsight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The irish Derby could be an even better race if new bay , highland reel ,and todays derby placed horses were to show up.

And Pleascach.

New Bay unlikely to turn up at The Curragh. Grand Prix de Paris for him, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

People always say the Derby is poor, and then wait for the winner to struggle to win, or beat older horses.
    Horses improve after the race, and the Derby tells connections what suits. I think the first four in the Derby have potential, and Hans Holbein or Kilimanjaro could mature into good Cup horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

diomed wrote: »
    People always say the Derby is poor, and then wait for the winner to struggle to win, or beat older horses.
    Horses improve after the race, and the Derby tells connections what suits. I think the first four in the Derby have potential, and Hans Holbein or Kilimanjaro could mature into good Cup horses.

A nice way of saying they're slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Zawraq has fractured his canon bone

Advertisement