Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

No point in a new map unless stable Tekkit comes out for 1.3 and won't work with the current mapgen.

I just wish certain blocks (anything EE-related, certain BC machines and also crystal ores once Thaum goes SMP) would be permanently linked to a user once placed similar to IC's Personal Safe, as it could allow for a plugin that limited the number of a certain block a user could place. Then the dreaded spectre of exponential growth would be nixed without having to remove half of Tekkit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Solitaire wrote: »
    No point in a new map unless stable Tekkit comes out for 1.3 and won't work with the current mapgen.

I just wish certain blocks (anything EE-related, certain BC machines and also crystal ores once Thaum goes SMP) would be permanently linked to a user once placed similar to IC's Personal Safe, as it could allow for a plugin that limited the number of a certain block a user could place. Then the dreaded spectre of exponential growth would be nixed without having to remove half of Tekkit ;)

Oh i know sol, people don't even have to try any more, for the first two weeks people were asking to refill quarries but now they don't even use them.
    Because of energy collectors.

i don't mind people having them, but having 50 is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Im back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Server down?
    And Yes I have put in the new IP

Nvm got it now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

howdy :) new on server, just checking - Nova Catalysts are banned? Was trying to make a destruction caty last night

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    howdy :) new on server, just checking - Nova Catalysts are banned? Was trying to make a destruction caty last night

Hi Wossack, Yes there is a few items that are banned on the server, items like the destruction catalyst are banned because they can level a house in seconds. Other destructive items are also banned e.g. Nukes , Nova TNT etc

Another admin is making a list of the banned items and should have it soon enough *Cough* Podge *Cough*

ah k grand, thanks Kenno

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Scody94 is an admin? Wow, I remember when he was a lowly troll on the Airsoft forum by the name of AirsoftManiac

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Scody94 is an admin? Wow, I remember when he was a lowly troll on the Airsoft forum by the name of AirsoftManiac

Haha, he does pay for the server and is one of the founding members.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Server is down

• Advertisement

not sure if its a coincidence, but I think it crashed when I flipped a switch in my house hooked up to some pistons. crashed twice I think, and I hit the switch each time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Server be up again

Wossack wrote: »
    not sure if its a coincidence, but I think it crashed when I flipped a switch in my house hooked up to some pistons. crashed twice I think, and I hit the switch each time :o

Jesus i'd hope that wouldn't cause a crash, we'd have to do restarts every 5 mins :P

coulda been nout :p

took my infernal machine apart anyway - redalloy wire be damned

I've noticed people building machines which is great and all, but people need to maintain them. One machine i found is designed to collect EE energy and create a ton of resources which are then sorted into alchemy chests.

The thing with this one though is that all the chests are now full so any extra resources are thrown out of the pipes, having that many entities on the ground causes the server to lag very bad. I've disabled that machine but there could be others doing a similar thing.

On another note, I'm liking this

> On another note, I'm liking this

I spent 2 hours last night to program a turtle to lay a wooden floor of 64 blocks, turn around and then do the next row, on and on... ComputerCraft is a whole new game within Tekkit.

Ponster wrote: »
    > On another note, I'm liking this

I spent 2 hours last night to program a turtle to lay a wooden floor of 64 blocks, turn around and then do the next row, on and on... ComputerCraft is a whole new game within Tekkit.

Inception-Deeper.jpg

very cool computercraft tutorials Kenno, thanks

was looking for a good while on youtube for some more advanced ones, and those are the best Ive seen

Ye people just kind of use industrial craft , build craft and EE. Have only seen a few computers on the server.

Big IC and buildcraft user in the past, so am really trying to get into redpower, EE and now computercraft. Redpower, with the new pipes (maybe not new, but Ive not played MC in 6+ months :P), looks really promising - and now computercraft? awesomeness

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    On another note, I'm liking this

Here's the code if you want to give it try :

http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Making_a_Password_Protected_Door

I'm definitely going to try it, but with piston doors, can't imagine the difference would be huge

*Edit* Just Noticed :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=20174&d=1299041590

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

i also changed name , before you joined the site , hmmmmmmmm :cool:

Server down

Server down

Check it now and let me know

Check it now and let me know

Up and running !

search youtube for 'Applications of computercraft', a series by a guy called nitrogenfingers - absolutely fantastic stuff :o

Up and running !

Brill, thanks for the heads up :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I've noticed people building machines which is great and all, but people need to maintain them. One machine i found is designed to collect EE energy and create a ton of resources which are then sorted into alchemy chests.

The thing with this one though is that all the chests are now full so any extra resources are thrown out of the pipes, having that many entities on the ground causes the server to lag very bad. I've disabled that machine but there could be others doing a similar thing.

A simple solution is to turn it (read: the item pumps, not the condenser itself) off before leaving it unattended for a long period, especially if its near a WorldAnchor! :p

A finite but effective solution for people with a fair bit of EMC to play with is to pop an Alchemical Chest right next to where the stuff will fall out and pop a Black Hole Band and possibly even a Jewel of Infinite Density inside the chest, turning it into a drop hoover ;)

I've also noticed another phenomenon: fire spreading was originally turned off, which was a lucky thing back when I was trying to work out how to work my Arcana (back when it was in-game) :oNow is no longer the case. And in Tekkit fire spreads further than the vanilla 3x3x6! I've flown around and seen lots of fire damage and even some gutted buildings, and most of them had a netherrack fireplace inside...

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    A simple solution is to turn it (read: the item pumps, not the condenser itself) off before leaving it unattended for a long period, especially if its near a WorldAnchor! :p

A finite but effective solution for people with a fair bit of EMC to play with is to pop an Alchemical Chest right next to where the stuff will fall out and pop a Black Hole Band and possibly even a Jewel of Infinite Density inside the chest, turning it into a drop hoover ;)

I've also noticed another phenomenon: fire spreading was originally turned off, which was a lucky thing back when I was trying to work out how to work my Arcana (back when it was in-game) :oNow is no longer the case. And in Tekkit fire spreads further than the vanilla 3x3x6! I've flown around and seen lots of fire damage and even some gutted buildings, and most of them had a netherrack fireplace inside...

The're not bad solutions , thanks sol. Even having some obsidian pipes to suck up any dropped items would fix it.

As for the fire damage, that might have been left on after we did the server migration, We'll have to look it up :D

Advertisement