Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Welcome back Layla!

GT_TDI, I have read that other thread about educating ourselves about food and all I can say is that the WW is working for me as a type 2 diabetic whose blood sugar control had got out of hand. Since I started WW my levels have been well within the "normal" range and hopefully when I see the endicrinologist next week I won't be put on insulin shots.

I had a crap end to my day at work yesterday and unfortunately made a bit of a pig of myself last night, 3 caramel cake bars at 4 pp's each! Did point them but didn't have the bloody points left for them yesterday! Would it be very bad to try to claw those points back today and tomorrow before weigh in on Thursday morning? Or should I just mosey on with my 29 points today as if it hadn't happened. Any of my weeklies and activity points I was saying had gone on dinner out on saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Supervalue have a low pp value garlic bread , its like a vienna roll and cut into slices , only 2pp per slice , i usually make brischetta and its all very low so let me know if u want ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    So I was at my cooking class last night and she made homemade pizza! Here is the base recipe:

1 x 7g sachet Dired Fast Action Yeast
    350ml Hand Hot Water
    500g Plain Flour
    1 tsp salt
    1/2tsp sugar

Sift the flour and salt inot a large bowl & add the yeast. Gradually add the water and mix together to form a dough. Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a large greased bowl and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has double in size - your hot press is the best place for this.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and "knock back" by punching the dough. This will remove any air bubbles that would make the pizza uneven. Knead about 4-5 times. Roll out into the shape that you want and put whatever toppings you like on it.

To cook your pizza, preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7 and preheat your tray for 30 mins, then cook your pizza for 15mins.

This recipe will give you four 10" pizzas - I worked out the pp at 12 per base. Not bad in my opinion because you are in total control of what toppings you put on it! :D:D:D

brilliant...and one could always make smaller pizza's from that!

oh sweet devine....I'm so stiff and sore all over....even opening the mircowave was tough this morning! lol but just means i did everything correct yesterday! how the hell im going to motivate my self to do an hour on treadmill....i have no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

hollyhock wrote: »
    4got 2 say i made the pineapple muffins on thurs,i thought they were small for 3pp but they were filling,my daughter loved them!

mine were awful even the kids didnt like them! I used fresh pineapple and low low butter thinking that might be the problem! what low fat spread did you use

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Had my WI last night and down a half. I'm still pretty happy at least it's down! So far I've lost 18.5 lbs in 12 weeks so I was eventually going to slow down on the losses.

Also got a ww cooking book and tried out two of the recipes at the weekend Mexican Chilli & Bean Mince and some Flapjacks. I will post up the recipes later as they were yummy.

I hope everyone else has a good week and lots of losses:D

• Advertisement

would people be interested in filling out a questionaire about ww? I'm getting nothing out of it, just in the uk they are looking for feedback about the new programme. you post back the questionnaire, so your the only one who knows whats on it,

Fill in, email it to

foodqueries@weight-watchers.co.uk but make sure you write Supermarket Trend Questionnaire in the subject box!

OR POST IT TO
    The Food Team,
    Weight Watchers (UK) Ltd,
    Millennium House,
    Ludlow Road,
    Maidenhead,
    Berkshire
    SL6 2SL.

I think there is a competition running too, which prob only open to ppl in the UK...but you know still want my opinion to be heard, if they see enough irish ppl getting involved....they might offer us more resources, products, tools, information, ect

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Does anyone drink water on the day of their weigh in? I dont usually but i am today as i have decided i do not want to miss a full day without water! I will probably regret it tonight at weight in! :(

Micki wrote: »
    Does anyone drink water on the day of their weigh in? I dont usually but i am today as i have decided i do not want to miss a full day without water! I will probably regret it tonight at weight in! :(

get your 2 litres early in the day....try and get 2 litres in before lunch time

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    get your 2 litres early in the day....try and get 2 litres in before lunch time

Yeah thats what i was thinking myself! I have one nearly gone! I suppose it will only make a difference this week anyway, the first week of doing it!

i usually don't , as i havnt done before , but u might be surprised

• Advertisement

i usually don't , as i havnt done before , but u might be surprised

Yeah ah i will take a chance anyway! It can only make a difference tonight anyway, as i will be able to do it every week from now on... And it will be something i do every week then so shouldn't effect my weight loss... If that makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Having a mini panic attack, instigated by comment on other topics about educating ourselves about food. Like eat fat to loose fat, use real rather than light butter, calorie defecit,...

We really only know what the PP value is of an eitem, not what the calorie content,... is.

I'm worried i'd get to the weight i want to be and then just go ...what now? I only want to do this journey once, i do not want to end up @17+ stone again, hell i dont want to end up at my current weight of just over 15st again!

Does anyone have some good literature in relation to healthy nutrition and rxcersise?
    i'm like yourself at goal 6 weeks now and feel a bit lost,,have been reading other threads on here about trying to educate myself on food nutrition and was delight this morn to see you had started anohter thread:)

Yeah ah i will take a chance anyway! It can only make a difference tonight anyway, as i will be able to do it every week from now on... And it will be something i do every week then so shouldn't effect my weight loss... If that makes sense!!

it makes perfect sense

im gonna do it from today aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Having a mini panic attack, instigated by comment on other topics about educating ourselves about food. Like eat fat to loose fat, use real rather than light butter, calorie defecit,...

We really only know what the PP value is of an eitem, not what the calorie content,... is.

I'm worried i'd get to the weight i want to be and then just go ...what now? I only want to do this journey once, i do not want to end up @17+ stone again, hell i dont want to end up at my current weight of just over 15st again!

Does anyone have some good literature in relation to healthy nutrition and rxcersise?
    I have been down that road,lost all the weight left ww and then put it all back on again,before I joined ww this time I did a lot of reading of different forums regarding food and and what's in different food because i am not going to make the same mistake again.
    I eat as little processed food as possible now with plenty of fruit,veg,nuts and seeds,the only advice i can give you is before you eat something check the ingredients and nutritional values on the labels by doing this you will learn very quickly what's good or not.
    There is some great advice on various food topics on boards,i know most of them will tell you to stay away from ww but most of us on here need the help of ww to kick start our new lifestyles.

and when in doubt....literly...google the question....make the internet a weight loss tool! :) In september in secondary schools there are usually 6 week night courses on different nights, nutrition 101 is usually on the list.

I've definately found since studying nutrition in college....and far more aware of what i'm eating....and what i'm feeding the dogs LOL and it makes it easier to make the right choices

and that its about BALANCE...not cutting out a whole food group!

youtube is great tool aswell, alot of nutrition education on there, alot of videos that sum things up so your not reading pages and pages of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Welcome home Layla & welcome back to counting propoints again!

Just back from WI. STS this week. Think it must have been my week in Disney catching up with me a week late, because I have been so good since! Onwards & downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

I usually drink water up till lunch, and one or two cups of tea. Stop after lunch tho, have a sip or two if i really need it! Its prob wrong to do that but i dont want to be up because of too much water!

Ive had the worst few days, just had the munchies all the time, and a big wkend of drink didnt help! TOTM in a few days so think thats my prob! Hopefully anyway, have WI this eve, wasnt going to go, but think im just going to go and face the music, its at half 5, but have app @ 4pm, so hopefully ill be able to make it! Def be up anyway!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

does anyone know the pp of sorbet? Lidl, Linessa, there low fat range have pots of sorbet on offer, 73c each....they have banana sorbet.......my favourite!

Im addicted to it. 75g of the apple and lychee one and the strwberry are 75g for 2pp so the apple cant be much different.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rebeleen

Hi everyone. I rejoined ww 2 weeks ago. Going for wi tonight. I love Ballymaloe Relish, but does anyone know how many pp are in it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

GT_TDI_150, two books I found interesting and understandable for me as a complete beginner were Eat Drink and Be Healthy by Walter Willet and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan,

Eat Drink and Be Health is by a nutritional scientist and he basically summerises the latest research about food, and offers suggestions based on this. I think it might be a bit out of date in regards to fat but its generally good. It's also good because it explains the different types of studies done on food, and how some are better than others. I think he may also go into how the US ended up with a completely useless food pyramid due to corporate interests.

In Defense of Food isn't really about nutrition, it's more about how the world became obsessed with nutrition and started eating for nutrients rather than concentrating on foods, which really favours food producers, who can remake practically anything to fit in with the current food trend, like how with bread we've had white bread, then wholegrain, then white wholegrain, then white low carb, then wholegrain low carb based on what current nutrition info is being promoted by someone. I'm sure it will be something new soon.

His food advice is "Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much"

I really think the best thing you can do is cut out processed foods and, while trying to lose weight, limit portion size via points or counting calories or some other method.

If anyone else has any good recommendations I'd also be interested. I know there is lots of info on this board, but part of me is old fashioned, I like books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Im addicted to it. 75g of the apple and lychee one and the strwberry are 75g for 2pp so the apple cant be much different.

Enjoy :)

I just love the Apple and lychee but do find it difficult to get? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Has anyone tried the Sweetcorn relish from Lidl yet? Its devine and only 9pp for the full 300g jar! A bargain:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

does anyone know the pp of sorbet? Lidl, Linessa, there low fat range have pots of sorbet on offer, 73c each....they have banana sorbet.......my favourite!

Was just catching up on the thread and seen this. I had an empty pot in the car (they're great for soup too!)
    Anyway, it was a fruits of the forest flavour sorbet. Works out at 3pp for 100g. There is 275g in the whole tub.

Nutritional Info:
    Protein: 0.1g
    Carb: 28g
    Fat: 0.01g
    Fibre: 0.7g

Hope that helps :)

kildareash wrote: »
    Was just catching up on the thread and seen this. I had an empty pot in the car (they're great for soup too!)
    Anyway, it was a fruits of the forest flavour sorbet. Works out at 3pp for 100g. There is 275g in the whole tub.

Nutritional Info:
    Protein: 0.1g
    Carb: 28g
    Fat: 0.01g
    Fibre: 0.7g

Hope that helps :)

right....i shant by buying them :P thats like 8 or 9pp a tub! not worth it! i know my self i'd eat the whole pot! best not to even have it in the house!

Thanks! :D

Rebeleen wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I rejoined ww 2 weeks ago. Going for wi tonight. I love Ballymaloe Relish, but does anyone know how many pp are in it please?

not sure the exact pp but it is very very low :D its lovely a bit mixed into extra light mayo for taste! LOVE the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

right....i shant by buying them :P thats like 8 or 9pp a tub! not worth it! i know my self i'd eat the whole pot! best not to even have it in the house!

Thanks! :D

It does seem a lot, double check the points yourself to make sure I'm not wrong.I bought the banana one last week and ate the whole pot over 2 or three nights...fecking raging now!
    I bought a box of ice lollies in dunnes last for 99c...must point them when I get home.

Oh, meant to post last night. Made a kind of cottage pie type thing with quorn last night. The OH wasn't best pleased when he seen the bag on the counter as I was cooking it...hehehe! But it was quiet nice, and so handy that it doesn't have to be defrosted before hand.
    I'm converted, deffo going to keep a couple of bags in the freezer from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Supervalue have a low pp value garlic bread , its like a vienna roll and cut into slices , only 2pp per slice , i usually make brischetta and its all very low so let me know if u want ingredients

I would love the recipe please :)

right just waiting for the panadol to kick in then hitting the treadmill! Fight thru the pain. feel the burn and all that goes along with it!

kildareash wrote: »
    It does seem a lot, double check the points yourself to make sure I'm not wrong.I bought the banana one last week and ate the whole pot over 2 or three nights...fecking raging now!
    I bought a box of ice lollies in dunnes last for 99c...must point them when I get home.

Oh, meant to post last night. Made a kind of cottage pie type thing with quorn last night. The OH wasn't best pleased when he seen the bag on the counter as I was cooking it...hehehe! But it was quiet nice, and so handy that it doesn't have to be defrosted before hand.
    I'm converted, deffo going to keep a couple of bags in the freezer from now on.

over three nights isnt bad at all...but i'd scoff it all in 2 mins...and then prob reach for another pot!

Quorn cottage pie is my go to dinner when i forget to take something out! we always have spuds around :D
    the Knorr Beef stock gel pots are A MUST for cooking quorn! really gives it a beefy meaty taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Rebeleen wrote: »

Hi i dont use ballymaloe prosucts when possible as I have a major problem with giving money to Tim Allen because of his court problems but really love the relish.......I buy the Aldi version which is also Irish made( i also try to buy irish as much as possible) it tastes the same and TBH i would not be supprised if made in same factory just cutting out Timmys royaltys......

The pro points are 10 for the whole Jar so when i use it i just give a scrape i dot point but if i stick a big blob on i call it one

Hope this helps (sorry about the rant ):pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement