Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Ah detective, your very early, leave it a few more days and repeat. Still hope you can get your two lines this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I know, I know :p:o but testing at this point actually keeps me sane. I'm not the type to be hugely disappointed by a negative, am well used to seeing them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

DL so glad the cramping has lessened, I have everything crossed for you x

DFT you're still not out yet so my fingers are firmly crossed for you too ;) x

Having a 'feeling sorry for myself' day today, watched some baby programme on TV and had a little whinge cos I convinced myself it will never happen for me :o

I'm sick of my long cycles, CD18 and still not ovulated yet, it was CD22 last cycle so I went to Holland & Barrett today and bought some Agnus Castus, they were doing a buy one get the second half price so I got 400 tablet for €22 so I was happy enough with that.

I''m not sure whether to take them all cycle long or just up until ovulation, so any info anyone has on that would be appreciated :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I''m not sure whether to take them all cycle long or just up until ovulation, so any info anyone has on that would be appreciated :)

Just take them up until you ovulate. If you take it after that and you get pregnant it could damage the zygote's development.

iguana wrote: »
    Just take them up until you ovulate. If you take it after that and you get pregnant it could damage the zygote's development.

Thanks, I was thinking also those lines myself.
    Have you taken it yourself, I really want to start taking it but I've read some worrying stories from people where it has brought on severe depression.
    Has anyone any experience taking Agnus Castus long term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Well... I'm sure it's all over for us :( I've had no bleeding but last night I spent 4 hrs curled up on the floor of the bathroom rocking with the pain. This is what happened last time exceptit happened at four weeks and I didn't go on to bleed until 6 and a half. In a way I'm better this time as I know it's all over now instead of going on for another 2 or 3 weeks believing my baby is growing. I really suspected this would happen. I don't know why. Needless to say I'm devastated but at the moment capable of being strong. I'm going to phone my g.p at 9 ( so long as I can get words together) and see what i can do. If there's a point I'll go to the early pregnancy unit, otherwise I'll just get hcg test done to confirm it over a couple of days. I'm so sad. But I can't let this destroy me... For my husbands sake if nothing else. I suppose now it's happened twice maybe they'll be able to see why? Or not I don't know. But it's very disheartening to know it took us ten months to get pregnant since the last one. I feel like this heartbreak is going to go on for years.

Oh DL I don't know what to say, words just seem so enough. I'm so sorry this is happening for you again :(

Thanks ms2011,

I have gp appointment for bloods this morn and wed morn. She agreed with me really about what's going on. Nothing I can do.

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thanks ms2011,

I have gp appointment for bloods this morn and wed morn. She agreed with me really about what's going on. Nothing I can do.

I've never had a m/c so I can't even imagine how yo must be feeling :(, I can only imagine it's a helpless feeling.
    Plese take care of yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Dublinlady, my heart goes out to you. Please keep posting if it helps you, we're all here for you and your husband. Sending massive hugs and healing to you xxx

Hope everyone else is doing well. Welcome back CCL, how was the holiday?
    DFT, I have a feeling this is your month;)

I'm good. Really good. I feel better now than I have done in years. Healing is slow, but getting better every day. My head is better than it ever was. We won't be trying for a few months and I'm fine with it. I'm enjoying my life. I'm not getting hooked up on getting pregnant any more. It'll happen when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dublin Lady,

So sorry this happened to you, and hope you and your hubby will be ok (in time) Words are so inadequate, but I am thinking of you.

((Hugs))

Oh my god DL, I can't believe it. Life is so focking unfair sometimes :(:(:(
    Your pain sounds so like mine. Can't believe you have to go through this again. I am so sorry you are going through this, we're all here for you, xxx

thanks Lucyfur, am not too hopeful meself but sure we'll see :)

great that you're feeling good again. Is that horrid period over with?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's done and dusted:) It was grand once I got over the first few days:)

Went for an organic facial at the weekend. Head and shoulder massage included. It was amazing. Exactly what I needed. Gonna get a full body massage as my shoulders are a complete mess. Can see me liking this looking after myself malarkey lol

hehe, well you deserve it m'dear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Dublinlady I am so sorry I feel your pain. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

had taken a break for a while and it had done me the world of good until a few girls in work announced they were pregnant that kinda hit me hard cause they hadnt been trying long and ive never said anything bout me and my other half trying. im just annoyed really but we will get there when its right for us to have out little baba.

dublin lady im so sorry u had to go thro that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

DL I am so sorry to hear your news. I dont say a prayer too often so I'm not sure how much they're listened to but i will say a little one for you and your husband tonight. Take care. x

Lucyfur, so pleased to hear how good you're feeling. You're a real trooper and inspiration to the rest of us. x

Hope all you other ladies are well. I'm on CD10 now so back to OPK testing...fingers crossed its not another 70day cycle :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Dublinlady, I'm so sorry you are going through this :( I hope you're not in too much pain. Its just not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Dublin Lady - all our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

So i was talking to a friend today and she sugested asking for a scan during my next round of clomid to see if i have any follicals ( im on my second round of clomid and no scans have been offered)

Got a bad vibe of the consultant on my 2nd visit but was really pleased with him on my 1st so im back to see him in July and if still getting mixed feelings i think im going to have to ask to change. Is anyone else here being seen at the Routunda and if so any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

DL I'm so so sorry to hear your news :( are they gonna give you a scan to be sure? There is nothing I or anyone else can say to make this any easier.. Just know we are here to listen & rant as much ad you need! Massive hugs to you and your OH my dear xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Lucyfur I'm so gla to hear you're doing so well :) I love massages :) except Swedish ones lol they hurt Sooo much :)

I hope I find all the rest you ladies well and those who are on the 2 week, I hope it's flying through x

Thanks ladies,
    Doc said no point in going for scan as am only 5 weeks so too early to see anything. Repeat blood test on wed which I get the results of on Thursday should give me a definitive answer tho, it's mad when I'm not having cramps I can almost start to make myself forget them or downplay them and pretend everything is ok, but then they cone back, some worse than others and I'm quickly reminded that all is not well! I'm numb really, we've come to terms with it a bit but I just hate that it could take another couple of weeks of waiting for me to miscarry fully. The doc said they don't do any investigations until you've miscarried three times. Just have to presume it was bad luck this time I suppose. I think it was probably a blighted ovum again, in which case there was no fetus which makes it easier for me to deal with mentally I guess.
    Thanks a mill for all ur support, noone else would understand, x

So today... Out of nowhere I feel kinda hopeful??!! Losing my mind possibly, but no mOre bad cramps since sun nite, and today feel nauseous for the first time.... Now I know the hormones don't just disappear but there's no harm in some blind faith I suppose.. On thurs I feel I will be able to cope with the answer either way cos I sort of dealt with the bad stuff yest... Oh I don't know.... I just hope and wish and pray!!

Barbiegirl im thinking about you and ur scan tomorrow morn, I'll have absolutely everything crossed for you, x

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

Hi everyone, I'm a long time reader of this thread but first time I've actually put anything up. We have been TTC now for two and a half years. I'm 36 Mr Doolie is 34. We have gone through all the usual tests and were due to start IUI next month but I've just got a call this morning telling me my egg reserve is moderate so I don't know whether the IUI road will be suitable. The Doc will have a chat with us when we attend in two weeks:confused: We have decided to keep this to ourselves as neither of us want our families worrying so at least here I can get everything out of my system with people who know what it's like and who are all so supportive to each other, its fantastic.

Wecome doolie! You'll find nothing but good advice and support on here! It's a great place for a rant also ..... As you can see from my previous posts!!! I wish you all the best with the I.u.I, or other path you may end up on! :)

I'm back to being negative.... It's official.... The whole thing has driven me mad.... Was only a matter of time I suppose!!! ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Doolie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm a long time reader of this thread but first time I've actually put anything up. We have been TTC now for two and a half years. I'm 36 Mr Doolie is 34. We have gone through all the usual tests and were due to start IUI next month but I've just got a call this morning telling me my egg reserve is moderate so I don't know whether the IUI road will be suitable. The Doc will have a chat with us when we attend in two weeks:confused: We have decided to keep this to ourselves as neither of us want our families worrying so at least here I can get everything out of my system with people who know what it's like and who are all so supportive to each other, its fantastic.
    Welcome Doolie. I have had all the usual tests like yourself and just on my first month of clomid. I'm the same age as youself TTC 2 years this month. This forum has been a godsend for me. Like that, only a couple of people know. Hopefully you will know more in a couple of weeks. :)
    dublinlady wrote: »
    I'm back to being negative.... It's official.... The whole thing has driven me mad.... Was only a matter of time I suppose!!! ;)
    I am so sorry DL, ((Hugs))

Welcome Doolie!

DL keep your spirits up, you are so strong. The onset of nausea is a really good sign. fingers crossed!

I'm on CD21 and still haven't gotten my positive OPK yet, though I still have to test later today. I ovulated last cycle on CD22 so maybe O is just around the corner.
    What's confusing me now though is I had some fresh blood strecked through some clear CM on Monday, then a blob of tan coloured CM yesterday (sorry for the tmi :o), then some more fresh blood strecks today along with some cramping. I've never gotten mid cycle spotting before :confused:
    Would this be ovualation spotting or maybe it's just because we've been BDing every second day since CD8 :eek:
    What'ca think?

• Advertisement

Crikey.... Mondays hcg levels 2235.... There is hope yet... Now just have to wait for today's.. She said it could be a day or two... Fingers crossed!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement