Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

• 11-07-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm battling to post an eir complaint.

Please help

Jenny
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Jenny,
    The eir forum is no longer active so you will need to contact them by one of the means posted here: https://www.b oards.ie/ttfpost/109736383

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Khouli

I cancelled my order within 14 day cooling off period (which I kept screen shots so have proof)
    I returned by registered post the sim cards (thankfully through registered post so have proof)
    I have rang 3 times & spoke to 3 different useless agents
    I have 2 emails from them verifying my account was closed
    I have written to them & received no acknowledgement of letter
    & still the bills keep coming & get this today for the 4th time I tried to ring, & the account which they are continuing to bill no longer exists
    So I went to their on-line complaints & have lodged yet another complaint
    Lets see what happens next
    Any advice???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Khouli wrote: »
    I cancelled my order within 14 day cooling off period (which I kept screen shots so have proof)
    I returned by registered post the sim cards (thankfully through registered post so have proof)
    I have rang 3 times & spoke to 3 different useless agents
    I have 2 emails from them verifying my account was closed
    I have written to them & received no acknowledgement of letter
    & still the bills keep coming & get this today for the 4th time I tried to ring, & the account which they are continuing to bill no longer exists
    So I went to their on-line complaints & have lodged yet another complaint
    Lets see what happens next
    Any advice???

Try the consumer issues forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jpwkvl

You're VERY WISE to have cancelled your contract.

I switched from Vodafone to eir on 19th June. I asked that my 'old' number be ported across. Switch over was fast. It took THREE WEEKS before my number was ported across.

I tried to contact eir via web chat, which was NEVER AVAILABLE. I tried to phone eir. After waiting on the phone for over an hour, I gave up. I went into the eir store (navan shopping centre). They were TOTALLY DISINTERESTED and told me it was Carphone Warehouse's responsibility to sort the issue??? I then contacted eir on Facebook. The 'technician' was TOTALLY DISINTERESTED and told me that a fault had been logged and I must WAIT.

FINALLY THREE WEEKS later, my number was ported across - thanks only to Carphone Warehouse

A short while later I received a bill for €42. I'm on a €20/month contract, had not even been with them for a month & had been 'stuffed around' since day 1. Once again Carphone Warehouse's sorted the issue for me

eir offer a cheap but ****TY product!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jude.alm

If u have just joined eir my heart goes to u. God help u. It’s a decision you will soon regret and even if u want to PAY to get rid of them it won’t be easy. Seven months since I cancelled their terrible services and I am still bombarded with texts and emails to pay bills although I am not with them for 7 months now! I wrote, I called, I complained but still going on until this morning. I am tired, drained and stressed and no one to turn to.
    All I am saying people should know they what they are signing for. They are off for a “hell” of a ride. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Col65

Sat waiting on my phone 45 minutes so far.
    I just signed up and I get a bill for €118.
    The speed is 10-20m bit not even byte, this is a joke.
    No one to complain to as they don't get back to you.
    It took 3 months to get it in, should have saved my money and just kept the wireless network (gsm).
    I checked the bill and I have a service charge which I never agreed to or did I who knows what the term and conditions really mean.
    I don't even understand the bill.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Okay folks, I hate Eir just like everyone else does, but this forum is completely unrelated to the issue. Please post in the appropriate places, such as Broadband for technical issues with them, or in Consumer Issues for their non-technical failings.

I'll close this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement