Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Sky

• 12-06-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi, we cancelled our Sky package including broadband. During their cancellation spiel they strongly advised me that 'if you switch to Eir or Vodafone broadband you may not be able to use the landline until we release it, so we would advise you stay with Sky'. Now I'd made up some story that I was moving abroad just to get rid of them so I couldn't really ask them what they meant. Of course I intend to just switch broadband when my Sky term is up (we are just going to go with a Firestick or something for TV). What were they on about? Can I not just sign up for Eir or Vodafone broadband when the Sky contract ends in a month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you want to keep a landline number its much simpler to transfer your services out vs cancelling and reinstalling as a new installation. Usually transferring auto cancels the old service but always check.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

ED E wrote: »
    If you want to keep a landline number its much simpler to transfer your services out vs cancelling and reinstalling as a new installation. Usually transferring auto cancels the old service but always check.

No we never used the land-line and have no plans to.

Advertisement