29-04-2018, 21:59   #361
engineerfear1

Does anyone know when the remaining interviews are being held? I submitted my application in January and it was approved but I haven't heard anything since. I find it strange seeing as I know a lot of people who have had their interviews already and I haven't received any confirmation of a date.
Advertisement
09-05-2018, 22:28   #362
PaddyCar

Can I ask anyone who has submitted there application how long it took to put it together?
Hoping to have it submitted by the June deadline but fear I am running out of time.
09-05-2018, 23:39   #363
Bobjims

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyCar View Post
Can I ask anyone who has submitted there application how long it took to put it together?
Hoping to have it submitted by the June deadline but fear I am running out of time.
You've plenty of time to get it ready for the June deadline. How long it takes to write will vary from person to person.

I started mine in October and did a couple of hours a week on some evenings after work before submitting to my sponsors the week before Christmas.

If you put in a few full days on weekends you'll have no problem getting it done.
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 16:35   #364
devs1978

Hi everyone, some really useful information on this post! Has anyone had their interview yet following submission before the January 18 deadline. I'm due to have my interview in a few weeks. Any further advice from those of you have had a recent interview would be greatly appreciated. I had hoped to get my interview in Belfast but it seems that only Clyde Rd interviews are available now.
26-05-2018, 06:10   #365
Bobjims

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs1978 View Post
Hi everyone, some really useful information on this post! Has anyone had their interview yet following submission before the January 18 deadline. I'm due to have my interview in a few weeks. Any further advice from those of you have had a recent interview would be greatly appreciated. I had hoped to get my interview in Belfast but it seems that only Clyde Rd interviews are available now.
I had my interview last month and was successful in getting CEng. The best thing to do in preparation is to get very familiar with your application submission. You'll need to know as much as possible about the projects that you've written about. The assessors are not trying to catch you out. They just want to ensure that you've been honest in your application and have actually experienced what you've written about.

The assessors also need to be sure that you've demonstrated all of the competencies of a chartered engineer. Make sure you are very familiar with these competencies and have several examples for each to back it up.

Other than that, just try to relax during the interview. Mine was more like a friendly conversation; definitely didn't feel like a job interview. The assessors showed a lot of interest in one of my projects in particular so I had a good time chatting to them about that.

Best of luck with it!
Advertisement
27-05-2018, 08:07   #366
devs1978

Thanks Bobjims for your help. 2 weeks to prepare now!
07-08-2018, 14:41   #367
xchancellor

Anyone submit Phase 2 for June deadline?
07-08-2018, 22:15   #368
Shedy

EI Accredited Masters

Hi,
Can Anyone tell me if there are any Civil based masters in Ireland part time accredited by Engineers Ireland. I am due to graduate in Ireland in 2019 from an accredited program and would like to pursue chartership. I would like to do my masters part time however any part time program. However, I have seen are not EI accredited. They say you can make up the learning outcomes with further learning but what extra will I have to do if I pick an unaccredited masters. Any advice would be appreciated
07-08-2018, 22:28   #369
Alkers

Send a message via MSN to Alkers
As far as I'm aware if you have an accredited level 8 you don't need an accredited masters, any masters will do?
Advertisement
14-08-2018, 22:18   #370
selephonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simona1986 View Post
As far as I'm aware if you have an accredited level 8 you don't need an accredited masters, any masters will do?
No, you still need an accredited masters to fulfil the automatic phase 1 requirement.

There is an accredited part time construction project management masters in Waterford IT.
Thanks from:
16-08-2018, 11:03   #371
ddubs

Has anyone been called to interview for the June deadline yet? How long does it typically take?
16-08-2018, 11:31   #372
xchancellor

Just got my report acceptance email this morning. No call for interview yet...'Interview rounds within a 6-month period'. From chatting to others in the office I reckon October/November for Phase 2 interviews.
24-02-2019, 10:30   #373
cherrytaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrytaz View Post
I'm in the same boat. I just found out that I also did not pass the interview. I'm extremely disappointed and trying to fathom where it went wrong. I felt the interview went well and similar to yourself feel like I have worked extremely hard since graduating and demonstrated progress throughout that meets and exceeds the competencies. I will await feedback but it is very demoralizing.
Hey all,

Just a quick update on this, I just received notification that I achieved Chartered status. I re-applied 18 months after the above initial rejection. So for anyone in the same boat, don't get too down about it, use the recommended time to hone in on your skills and re-apply. Great feeling to finally get it
(3) thanks from:
24-02-2019, 10:52   #374
Dónal
Gravity is a harsh mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrytaz View Post
Hey all,

Just a quick update on this, I just received notification that I achieved Chartered status. I re-applied 18 months after the above initial rejection. So for anyone in the same boat, don't get too down about it, use the recommended time to hone in on your skills and re-apply. Great feeling to finally get it
Congrats! Same happened to me.
12-03-2019, 19:15   #375
godtabh

Has there been a slow down in applications? Grads from 4 years ago could probably be counted on one hand!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion