Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mick Wallace is bankrupt....

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

OK, correction: someone hadn't been paying off their mortgages despite having 4 grand after tax in their pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

The tax thief lost his gaff in Clontarf today. Sadly, the judge has allowed him three months before he must surrender possession. Hopefully he'll not remove the pipes and lead flashing before he leaves.

How people can keep voting for this self-serving piece of excrement beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

171170 wrote: »
    The tax thief lost his gaff in Clontarf today. Sadly, the judge has allowed him three months before he must surrender possession. Hopefully he'll not remove the pipes and lead flashing before he leaves.

How people can keep voting for this self-serving piece of excrement beggars belief.

He needs to meet up with Frank McNamara and get a few tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

He needs to meet up with Frank McNamara and get a few tips

Wallace was reported by RTE to owe in the region of €30 million (presumably to the likes of NAMA, i.e. you and me) - whereas poor old rubber lips and his little minx owe less than 10% of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KiKiReturns

171170 wrote: »

That post says more about you than it does about Wallace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

That post says more about you than it does about Wallace.

No it doesn't. Wallace owes the taxpayer (ie you & me) vast sums of money, and he is paid by the taxpayer (ie you and me) vast sums of money. The man has no shame, and we accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

houseplant wrote: »
    No it doesn't. Wallace owes the taxpayer (ie you & me) vast sums of money, and he is paid by the taxpayer (ie you and me) vast sums of money. The man has no shame, and we accept it.

Did our current Minister for Social Protection square off her irregularities also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Did our current Minister for Social Protection square off her irregularities also?

Ridiculous deflection. I was sure this thread was about the boul Mick, righter of wrongs, man of the people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭spurshero

What’s this about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hi Mick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

houseplant wrote: »

The people who vote for him have no shame either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thats ok if they are all at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

HOW ON EARTH COULD THE MAN NOT BE BANKRUPT!??

I mean have you heard him speak? Have you seen him?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

The people who vote for him have no shame either.

They consistently vote for him and the people of Munster voted him into Europe, he must be doing something right. Ask Maurice McCabe, what about the good work he did exposing NAMA and the vulture funds for the trick they really are.
    See him at the COP25 during the week at least representing Ireland there , our own govt are burying their collective heads in the sand while he at least has the balls to do something about it.
    But sure get hung up on the money he owes you and me instead.

HOW ON EARTH COULD THE MAN NOT BE BANKRUPT!??

I mean have you heard him speak? Have you seen him?
    Whilst he looks like a tramp, that doesn't mean he's bankrupt

Whilst he looks like a tramp, that doesn't mean he's bankrupt

He looks like someone who doesn't take care of himself and i have heard he is whiffy and his hair is greasy...he speaks like he is a hard drinker ...its a clear indication of someone who is not in control of their life.

He looks like someone who doesn't take care of himself and i have heard he is whiffy and his hair is greasy...he speaks like he is a hard drinker ...its a clear indication of someone who is not in control of their life.
    ...aah would you stop with the nonsense.
    I don't like the man one iota but stop generalising based on what you've heard or you're view on what he looks like.
    In my view, the man does not show respect to the electorate or the house in how he appears. However, I won't assume that he either bankrupt or is not in control of his life as there is no evidence apart from petty prejuduces to support that view!

...aah would you stop with the nonsense.
    I don't like the man one iota but stop generalising based on what you've heard or you're view on what he looks like.
    In my view, the man does not show respect to the electorate or the house in how he appears. However, I won't assume that he either bankrupt or is not in control of his life as there is no evidence apart from petty prejuduces to support that view!

Not prejudices. Merely observation and experience.

It might not always be true. But it is a lot.

Not that i begrudge people down on their luck or having difficulty with life or emotions etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Tony_Clifton

No need to kick the man while he is down.

He threatened to burn his own house down and was offered a good deal to move to wexford but he refused.

He is kicking himself! We aren't doing anything.

• Advertisement

He threatened to burn his own house down and was offered a good deal to move to wexford but he refused.

He is kicking himself! We aren't doing anything.

the man has lost a lot, people forgot he worked hard for a long time and employed people.
    he is going through the mill now.i wont be jumping on the bandwagon, something not right about celebrating other peoples hardtimes.

They consistently vote for him and the people of Munster voted him into Europe, he must be doing something right. Ask Maurice McCabe, what about the good work he did exposing NAMA and the vulture funds for the trick they really are.
    See him at the COP25 during the week at least representing Ireland there , our own govt are burying their collective heads in the sand while he at least has the balls to do something about it.
    But sure get hung up on the money he owes you and me instead.

I wonder what would happen if someone put the same effort into exposing him for the trick he really is.
    It's seems to be the more crooked and dishonest a politician is in this country the more chance they have of getting support....just as long as they're not a member of FF or FG.

He's down? If I had half of his money I'd burn my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I seen this thread pop up in the most recently updated threads list and the first thing i thought was "do you mean financially or morally?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

the man has lost a lot, people forgot he worked hard for a long time and employed people.
    he is going through the mill now.i wont be jumping on the bandwagon, something not right about celebrating other peoples hardtimes.

Employed people ok but stole their pension contributions

https://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1205/309498-wallacem/

Independent TD Mick Wallace has been fined €7,000 for failing to pay pension contributions for his workers into their pension fund.
    Mr Wallace pleaded guilty to five charges of deducting pension contributions and failing to pay them in the Construction Workers Pension Scheme between January and May 2008.
    He was fined €1,000 for each of the first four charges and €3,000 for the final count.
    Judge James Paul McDonnell said the courts take a very serious view of such offences.
    Outside court, Mr Wallace said it was a very serious matter but all the money had now been paid over.

Employed people ok but stole their pension contributions

Independent TD Mick Wallace has been fined €7,000 for failing to pay pension contributions for his workers into their pension fund.
    Mr Wallace pleaded guilty to five charges of deducting pension contributions and failing to pay them in the Construction Workers Pension Scheme between January and May 2008.
    He was fined €1,000 for each of the first four charges and €3,000 for the final count.
    Judge James Paul McDonnell said the courts take a very serious view of such offences.
    Outside court, Mr Wallace said it was a very serious matter but all the money had now been paid over.

Yes,as the last sentence states all the money had been paid over.
    Ive heard his explanation about his business collapsing and trying to juggle monies and keep the show on the road.
    if you have ever been in business you would understand.
    anyway im not here to defend wallace, just to point out kicking him while he is down is a nasty way of getting through life,
    if you are reading this Mick I hope you can put all of this behind you and enjoy your Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Would you get outa that. Mick is a three card trickster like many of our politicians, he was one of the fat cat developers who led the boom & bust. Left a trail of debt and unpaid taxes and then got elected to a nice comfy position from which to lecture us.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Would you get outa that. Mick is a three card trickster like many of our politicians, he was one of the fat cat developers who led the boom & bust. Left a trail of debt and unpaid taxes and then got elected to a nice comfy position from which to lecture us.
    Never got why Clare Daly kept hanging around him ..it makes me suspicious of her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭facehugger99

He is in my bollox.

He's got his snout in the trough guzzling away at the public purse. He's a crook and a thief.

A shocking indictment of the caliber of candidate we return as our representatives.

• Advertisement

Yes,as the last sentence states all the money had been paid over.
    Ive heard his explanation about his business collapsing and trying to juggle monies and keep the show on the road.
    if you have ever been in business you would understand.
    anyway im not here to defend wallace, just to point out kicking him while he is down is a nasty way of getting through life,
    if you are reading this Mick I hope you can put all of this behind you and enjoy your Christmas.

Hello Mick.

Advertisement