Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court Exemptions

• 02-04-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just wanna ask how hard is to get Court Exemptions to avoid 3 months notice, as i need to get married as soon as possible to fix my imigration statue!!

Any idea guys !!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK you have to actually show up to court to get them. You need to have a good/valid reason as to why you need to get married so soon. I know someone who got one because her father was terminally ill and took a turn for the worse so he probably wouldn't have survived long enough to be around for the date they originally planned getting married on. What do you mean that you need to fix your immigration status?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Toots* wrote: »
    AFAIK you have to actually show up to court to get them. You need to have a good/valid reason as to why you need to get married so soon. I know someone who got one because her father was terminally ill and took a turn for the worse so he probably wouldn't have survived long enough to be around for the date they originally planned getting married on. What do you mean that you need to fix your immigration status?

Well my visa is expiring soon, and my girlfriend want to help to fix my situation, would this be enough reason!! Thanks for reply anyway

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I doubt it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/notification_requirements_for_marriage.html

They mention serious illness. I dont know if an expiring visa would qualify. But you can email or call them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Toots* wrote: »
    I doubt it.

I agree, sounds like you are using the wedding to get around immigration law which I would assume a court would not allow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

140490 wrote: »
    Well my visa is expiring soon, and my girlfriend want to help to fix my situation, would this be enough reason!! Thanks for reply anyway

You need proper legal advice on the issue of court order and your possible applications for residence. There has been serious changes in the area of late. It depends on so many unique issues get good advice from a immigration solicitor.

Advertisement