Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glenview Hotel, Wicklow

• 04-06-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

We're on the search for our venue at the moment and right now the Glenview Hotel is the one we keep coming back to. Anyone have any feedback on weddings there?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

0ctober wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We're on the search for our venue at the moment and right now the Glenview Hotel is the one we keep coming back to. Anyone have any feedback on weddings there?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

great spot for a party. never a bad night there.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got married there in 2010 and we were delighted with it, couldn't fault them at all and would definitely recommend them. Funnily enough one thing I hear a lot (even now, 3 years later) from the people who were at the wedding was how impressed they were with the food, especially the vegetarian option. I thought the food was fantastic, but I'd obviously be biased since it was my own wedding, but it's lovely to hear that people enjoyed the meal.

The wedding co-ordinator and the staff were brilliant, couldn't have been more helpful, even right down to the little things like after the meal I didn't know what to do with my bouquet so they took it and put it in a walk in fridge overnight to keep it fresh for me. The prices were very reasonable also, they made a custom package for us at the time, which was a combination of some stuff on the existing packages and then other stuff from the a la carte. As far as I remember the DJ was able to play until about 2:00 or 2:30 (we got married on a Saturday, so not sure if it's the same on a week day) and the residents bar was kept going until the following morning.

Advertisement