Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Is it still a thing that you get paid more as a Garda when you’ve a degree!??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Alana123 wrote: »

Yeah, you go up 2/3 increments after completion of probation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Alana123 wrote: »

4 increments if the degree was fulltime only.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Does anyone know if you’re from a county like Cork, can you put in a request to be stationed in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Does anyone know if you’re from a county like Cork, can you put in a request to be stationed in Dublin?

The only guarantee is you wont be near home. Most are sent to Dublin. Its nearly a lottery.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    The only guarantee is you wont be near home. Most are sent to Dublin. Its nearly a lottery.

Ya I probably won’t get cork so but I think if I could request Dublin then I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Ya I probably won’t get cork so but I think if I could request Dublin then I would

a lot of people don't want Dublin, so iv heard if you actually request Dublin or make it known you want Dublin then it normally happens , so iv been told, meant get a great education in the big shmoke :pac:

St. Westy wrote: »
    a lot of people don't want Dublin, so iv heard if you actually request Dublin or make it known you want Dublin then it normally happens , so iv been told, meant get a great education in the big shmoke :pac:

Ya that’s why I want to go there, it would be tough but a much better experience. A friend who’s a trainee now told me you can request Dublin but nowhere else so I was just checking if anyone knew.

• Advertisement
Advertisement