Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Divorse/separation query

• 22-05-2017 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Been married a year almost but things not working as i'd expect(for various reasons)
    have a house in my name and my own mortgage (No Kids). i'm wondering if we were to separate what will be the out come do you know? And if there were kids what would that mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So sad, no chance of counciling to help things out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Presume house would get split between you and if you had kids you'd have to decide who they would live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,052 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I think you're in the wrong forum. You need to head over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Presume house would get split between you and if you had kids you'd have to decide who they would live with.

Its not that straightforward.

Depends on what each party brought into the relationship and what they contributed during it.

OP - talk to a lawyer. The interwebz is full of stuff that may not apply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 123happy123

I have my suspicions she wasn't very faithful before we got married and if its true i cant see myself wanting to stay with her (just cant prove it)

So when you say split the house does that i continue to pay mortgage and she owns half house without having to contribute anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I have my suspicions she wasn't very faithful before we got married and if its true i cant see myself wanting to stay with her (just cant prove it)

So when you say split the house does that i continue to pay mortgage and she owns half house without having to contribute anything?

No it doesn't, generally you still own the house but she may be entitled to any contribution she put into it. Not necessarily 50%.

See a solicitor for proper advice because no one here knows your circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You need to go talk to a solicitor cause no one here can offer you specific advice cause well, its specific to your situation etc.

Advertisement