Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oisin Murphy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Years ago French tennis player Richard Gasquet test positive for cocaine and said it was because he kissed a girl at a party. It’s possible to test positive from the shift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah lads c'mon, we all know the reputation jockeys have for being head cases. He definitely did it.

I don't care that he did but no need to be tying yourself up in knots trying to excuse it.

As pointed out earlier it's not the first time he's been caught out for something either so hopefully he takes it on the chin and learns to be smarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ah lads c'mon, we all know the reputation jockeys have for being head cases. He definitely did it.

I don't care that he did but no need to be tying yourself up in knots trying to excuse it.

As pointed out earlier it's not the first time he's been caught out for something either so hopefully he takes it on the chin and learns to be smarter.

This comment is definitely made all the better because of your username, well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

This is just getting embarrassing now.

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1334388620392681473?s=09

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

" if you touch an area repeatedly for a few hours "

he should get banned for making that statement alone.

Filthy dirty Bazza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

report says he was subjected to a dose maximum 5 milligrams ????

akelly02 wrote: »
    report says he was subjected to a dose maximum 5 milligrams ????

Do you mean he had 5mg of cocaine in his blood? That is a completely different thing. Impossible to scientifically know how much someone has taken, same as a drink driving result.

Edit I meant piss and 5mg would be huge anyway. What report are you on about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Defo deep diving he was

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Seems like such a weak explanation.

If he gets caught again though, he will have the book thrown at him.

Fair play to him though for showing the level of restraint he did?

It cannot be easy being a top international jockey and hanging around with coke heads and not doing any.

If anything he has showed some serious resolve, it is admirable really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

First it was someone he slept with

Now it's from a table or something

He will say he was spiked next.

In fairness I got some coke off a table once, it is possible?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Fair play to him though for showing the level of restraint he did?

It cannot be easy being a top international jockey and hanging around with coke heads and not doing any.

If anything he has showed some serious resolve, it is admirable really.

I'm not sure if youre being sarcastic or not. I hope you are

I'm not sure if youre being sarcastic or not. I hope you are

The bookies have stopped taking bets at this stage:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

First it was someone he slept with

Now it's from a table or something

He will say he was spiked next.

No he won't - thats just you wanting to believe everyone is a coke fiend

No he won't - thats just you wanting to believe everyone is a coke fiend

I couldn't care less if he is or not. This denying it is just embarassing. He's gone from flat out denials, to sexual cross contamination, to surface contamination. Laughable

I couldn't care less if he is or not. This denying it is just embarassing. He's gone from flat out denials, to sexual cross contamination, to surface contamination. Laughable

You should hear him in the stewards room......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

In my opinion I am inclined to believe him. It would be crazy to come out and do this interview and have it on record maintaining your innocence if you were guilty.
    It would be too risky as the truth would surely come out if he was guilty. Someone would have a video or WatsApp pic or the like which would look worse for him if leaked after claiming innocence.
    Admitting his guilt originally would be more forgiving than have that happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Whenseptends

0https://m.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/the-drugs-im-regularly-drug-tested-so-i-think-we-can-remove-that-one-and-the-sex-well-im-25-and-male-39824713.html

"But do I have a paranoia about going down the road for dinner with my friends? No, I don't. No one has ever seen me take cocaine so I hope that people who know me very well won't start thinking that every time I'm out for a meal, I'm having a massive night."

Sure ya dont use cocaine?

• Advertisement
Advertisement