Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

England vs Ireland ODI Series 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Strumms wrote: »
    7 English batsmen not making 20... yet England making 300 plus with ease. Mad stat.... too much to do for Ireland youd guess... if they had managed to restrict England to 290 thereabouts... game on but now ...

Aye its a shame, maybe they can string together a better batting performance, the bowling unit has done much better this series. If we had Morgan we'd be in with a shout of winning the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye its a shame, maybe they can string together a better batting performance, the bowling unit has done much better this series. If we had Morgan we'd be in with a shout of winning the series!

They're going to be doing very well to even get close to this target, but I've been somewhat satisfied with how this series has gone. The first game was dreadful but there were bright sparks (mainly Campher). The second game again wasn't ideal at the beginning, but some very good lower order batting got us to a total that looked well beyond what we might have reached. Then the bowling gave us a chance before ultimately Billings and Willey took the game away. Before that though Bairstow's 80 was the main difference, and his innings nearly ended early with an inside edge.

On to today, I'm not ruling them out of winning it, but I'm glad they have at times looked like really threatening England, early wickets and then the comeback once Morgan went. Obviously I'd rather they didn't let Morgan get away but they are pretty young as a group and so are definitely going to get things wrong.

Overall we've been comprehensively beaten in one game, well beaten (a wicket from a very interesting ending) and then this one which is probably beyond Ireland the way the batting has gone thus far. Overall against the best team in the world I think there are some very good things to take from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

223/7 a real missed oportunity ... should never have been that close to 300 let alone over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Willey negotiated well today. Rashid the big threat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Delany making a fool out of me. Dumb bit of batting. 50-1 in 9 overs isn't a bad start though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

good start at 92/1 after 15

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye, very good start, if we can continue the good stand we have going we could be in with a commentators curse.....shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Hopefully this pair can keep ticking along nicely. I fear if a wicket falls and the young lads falter. KO'B could well be pivotal.

Nice knock Stirlo, ton up.

Hopefully we can keep these two at the wicket for another 7 or 8 overs minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In a great position here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

just cant let the run rate get too far ahead. at the min the required run rate is 7.4

Smart aware cricket by these two.... aware now that they don’t need to do anything stupid or risky... just keep the scoreboard ticking over, which they are doing while trying to score off each delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭nice bit of green

Great game. Thought it was all over after England‘s innings. Never know what’s coming next in this sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Cracking bit of play here MON THE BOYS IN GREEN

What a shot, that wasn’t alll that bad a delivery.

76 needed off ten overs

How many times in this series have we seen Rachid cop a batsman about to come down the pitch to him only to pull out of delivering the ball ? That was certainly the third time I can recall.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Only able to follow on cricinfo, was that a bad drop?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Big shame he went that way, but I guess he had a couple of lives. Great performance regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

simple enough one

• Advertisement

Not a gimme by any stretch but should have been taken still.. he got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

It was swirling over his head, had loads of time, should have been caught, Stirling out now, run out, hopefully win from here, but it has exposed a few stiffs, need to take advantage of that Curran, joke bowler, Rashid could be a problem

We could do with a good over here, just keep the momentum up, 10 would do nice.

Pity to be run out, but what a knock. Kind of surprised kob didn't come in at number 4

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

KevIRL wrote: »
    Pity to be run out, but what a knock. Kind of surprised kob didn't come in at number 4

I think it's as much for the experience. Everyone knows what KOB can do. If Tector can handle this he will cement himself in the team

England coming back into it by virtue of a fair few dot balls now. Wickets in hand, so want a degree of risk.

Wickets in hand, they should be throwing a bit more caution to the wind here. They can certainly afford to with 8 wickets to spare but I’ve accused them of being too conservative at this stage of games before. Makes no sense, WICKETS IN HAND !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Balbernie gone.

Squeaky bum time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Just need Kevin O'brien to put that Curran into the stands, that's our best chance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Handy extras here

Advertisement