25-06-2016, 12:19   #9541
Junco Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhcx View Post
Can i just take a moment here and just say The Queen, Isnt she just amazing. As a human not figure of power. like The photo ive added below 90 years of age and so alive. I look at the people around me but this lady just inspires something. And i really do hope i get to see my grandparents as alive at that age. Im not one to notice people really. other peoples lives just dont interest me, but for some reason everytime i see HM i cant help but take a minute .

Sorry for this interruption to your lives, please do carry on. Your attention to this post has been greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
26-06-2016, 14:11   #9542
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

It's now cheaper for me to get the train from Dublin to Galway than the bus. Unless I get Bus Eireann. And that's not happening.
26-06-2016, 15:04   #9543
wnolan1992

I'm a little too proud with the joke I just made on IRC. I think it's one of my better ones in a while tbh.

Attached Images
File Type: png ircsnip.PNG (10.5 KB, 86 views)
01-07-2016, 21:57   #9544
Jhcx

Playing Gortoz a Ran and just reminded me of some the people ive met over the years on boards. so i went looking for them and sad to see their accounts closed. and just seeing the names of some users who are no longer here with us living. its actually making me sad.

But im going to make it my business to get in touch with them and call out to their house for tea.I really hate change when i dont have control over it .

05-07-2016, 15:28   #9545
HugsiePie

My friend is angry at me cause she tagged me in a video entitled "when your metal head friend tries showing you their music". It shows a parrot just staring at another parrot going mental throwing it's head forward and back listening to metal music. (Said friend is a metal fan) replied that I thought it was brilliantly accurate and could I recommend a good chiropractor for any neck injuries sustained. Now she's all pissy cause it turns out one of the members from a metal band isnt allowed head bang any more cause of injuries sustained from headbanging before and didnt realise.....if anything I think that kinda makes my comment more amusing cause I was just basing it off the bird video but it turns out this is an actual problem in metal music.....I don't know am I wrong here. It was just meant to be a funny comment but she's actually pissed at me over it...

Am I wrong here
Advertisement
05-07-2016, 15:36   #9546
wnolan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugsiePie View Post
My friend is angry at me cause she tagged me in a video entitled "when your metal head friend tries showing you their music". It shows a parrot just staring at another parrot going mental throwing it's head forward and back listening to metal music. (Said friend is a metal fan) replied that I thought it was brilliantly accurate and could I recommend a good chiropractor for any neck injuries sustained. Now she's all pissy cause it turns out one of the members from a metal band isnt allowed head bang any more cause of injuries sustained from headbanging before and didnt realise.....if anything I think that kinda makes my comment more amusing cause I was just basing it off the bird video but it turns out this is an actual problem in metal music.....I don't know am I wrong here. It was just meant to be a funny comment but she's actually pissed at me over it...

Am I wrong here
Hugsie, you are, 100%, definitively, objectively not wrong in this situation.

Unless the person in the metal band was her brother, in which case it may have been slightly insensitive, but if it's just some random dude from a band, then it's f*cking hilarious that someone ACTUALLY injured themselves headbanging. And if it WAS your friend's brother or someone she knows, IT'S STILL FUNNY THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY HURT THEMSELVES HEADBANGING! I'm sorry, that's just a funny way to get injured.

And even if your friend didn't find the headbanging joke funny, to get upset about it is just stupid, given they started the exchange by throwing a dig at you...
05-07-2016, 16:23   #9547
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

Hugsie, you're totally in the right. Don't even worry about it
05-07-2016, 16:46   #9548
HugsiePie

Thanks guys. Yeah it's not someone she's knows personally. It's someone from a famous band....she's been a little cold recently anyways. IDK why. Maybe she's angry with me over something else. Oh well it'll be fine
05-07-2016, 16:51   #9549
wnolan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugsiePie View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah it's not someone she's knows personally. It's someone from a famous band....she's been a little cold recently anyways. IDK why. Maybe she's angry with me over something else. Oh well it'll be fine
Meh, she's a metal head. She'll be no loss as a friend.

Advertisement
06-07-2016, 12:57   #9550
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

I feel like I should be offended, but I was more of an emo kid. Teenage LoonyLovegood had a 'coon tail.
06-07-2016, 13:05   #9551
wnolan1992

TBH, I'm just far beyond letting people's opinions on what I like affect me, especially when it comes to music.

There was a time when I subscribed to the whole "Oh it's just a guilty pleasure!" bullsh*t. Then I saw Dara O'Briain slamming that and I just realised it really doesn't matter what other people think. I'll rock the f*ck out to Justin Bieber, Britney Spears or any other pop music that hipsters or indie heads snarl at. I'm not going to be ashamed that those vibrations sound good to my ears.

Similarly, I used to deny the fact that I watch Home and Away. Now, f*ck it. I love that sh*t. I know it's utter trash, but it entertains me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm deeply insecure about pretty much everything else in my life, but my tastes certainly aren't one of them.
Thanks from:
06-07-2016, 13:12   #9552
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

I try to be the same. There's a reason Nickleback are one of the biggest bands in the world, there's no point lying about it, enough people like them (and I'm one of them)
Thanks from:
06-07-2016, 20:51   #9553
Junco Partner

I was into punk exclusively as a teen. Until I realised that ,far from being the totems of open mindedness that punk and metal music claims to be, they have some of the most closeminded, elitist communities in all of music.

Now when people ask me what kind of music I like I answer with I just love music in general.

Last edited by Junco Partner; 06-07-2016 at 20:55.
06-07-2016, 20:58   #9554
wnolan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junco Partner View Post
I was into punk exclusively as a teen. Until I realised that far from being the totems of open mindedness that punk and metal music claims to be they have some of the most closely fed elitist communities.

Now when people ask me what kind of music I like I answer with I just love music in general.
The one problem with that is that when you know you're talking to someone who's deeply passionate about a particular genre of music, saying "I dunno, I just like a bit of everything really..." sounds like such a cop-out answer. But I mean, it's true, I love hip-hop, rock, country, pop, soul, dance, electro...
06-07-2016, 22:38   #9555
Junco Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnolan1992 View Post
The one problem with that is that when you know you're talking to someone who's deeply passionate about a particular genre of music, saying "I dunno, I just like a bit of everything really..." sounds like such a cop-out answer. But I mean, it's true, I love hip-hop, rock, country, pop, soul, dance, electro...
Well I always follow it up with a list of what I'm listening to at the minute. Usually four or five different genres or more even.

I grew up on classic rock, country and trad. Back in the days when the only music I knew was my parents'(dads got good taste, mam listens to ****)
Went through pop punk in my early teens, real punk in my late teens as well as Jamaican music.
Jamaican music led me to hip hip.
Lived with an ex DJ for a time who got me into all types of electronic.trance,house,dnb etc
Listened to lots of American folk growing up.
Fallout got me into jazz and swing and all the good vintage music.
Alt folk.
I no longer pretend to dislike pop music.
Manufactured or not it's lots of fun.

Newest discovery is chillhop. Chillhop is love and life all in one.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion