Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking boots

• 28-09-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Slipping as I walk.
    Should I go back and exchange for half a size down as read this might lead to blisters?
    Didn't have proper hiking socks but have ordered some.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The only blisters I have gotten from footwear is due to being too small. Get proper socks and if necessary you can put a thin insole - Odour eater type of thing into the footbed which will reduce volume making hte fit a little more snug if necessary.

You could be glad of the extra space in the winter for double socks or footwarmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Can't judge how big you boots are vs feet but proper socks make a big difference. Old cotton ones are terrible on long treks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Good socks are a must. €20 for the likes of Bridgedales will make a massive difference on a long walk, more than you'd believe. Try the socks first, oh and see about lacing your footwear differently as well.

https://www.backpacker.com/gear/common-hiking-boot-lacing-techniques

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Hi,
    Thanks. Have dexell socks and tried the lacing thing. Still slipping. I am thinking maybe a shoe boot might be better for me. I love hiking but I don't want to grow to hate it with uncomfortable footwear.
    Or if there were boots with low ankle back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

What's slipping the
    inside shoes or your slipping while walking

I wear larger size and my feet dontvslip you might need 2 sizes less

• Advertisement

My heel is lifting as I walk. I got size 5 but maybe would have same problem with 4.5. I think 4 would be far too small.
    What brand are your boots if you don't mind me asking?

Got fitted in great outdoors.
    They were excellent and meindl suited me best.
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Could not recommend enough

Advertisement