Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living in the Republic, working in the North.

• 03-12-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone would be able to give advice/guidance.

My fiancé and I are moving in together in the next few months. He currently lives and works in the North, I live and work in the South.

My parents have kindly offered to allow us to live in their house rent free (in the South) while we save for wedding/mortgage. They have retired and don't live in the country anymore. He will be still keeping the same employment, just wondering what implications will in moving from one jurisdiction to another have on his tax? Will he have to declare to Revenue that he lives in the south & will he have to pay any additional tax in the south? Is there anything else we need to consider?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement