Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday 23rd

• 22-08-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Now or Never 6/1 PP
    Curragh 3.20
    One of the most impressive winners in Galway to my eye. Big step up to group 2, not sure what the weather is like in Kildare but any rain will suit. Chucking it down in Cork atm. Can't help but feel she'd be a lot shorter if trained by one of the bigger stables had she won like that for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Smoothtalkingracsal is dropping down from as high as group 3 races to a lowly class 4 in the 2:50 today at Brighton. Made a balls out of the start last time out at Ascot, the previous run before that in Sandown was a lot more promising with the horse going close, beaten by horses that have gone onto decent form. 2lbs down from that run, 7/1 is a nice price considering today's opposition is about as weak as it has come up against in a long time.

Order Of St George being smashed in for the Irish St Leger Trial - but I feel that Sea Moon at 18/1 is the value here. The former Michael Stoute trained horse went for an unsuccessful spell in Australia after showing a lot of early promise, so it's not at all surprising that the owners have decided to return the horse to what may be more favourable scenery. If you can forgive the Australian form, then this one should have a great chance.

Only a small e/w bet for me, but Shabra Emperor has impressed me in the last few runs. Goes in the 2:10 at the Curragh and is obviously a wide open handicap, but this one has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Now or Never 6/1 PP
    Curragh 3.20
    One of the most impressive winners in Galway to my eye. Big step up to group 2, not sure what the weather is like in Kildare but any rain will suit. Chucking it down in Cork atm. Can't help but feel she'd be a lot shorter if trained by one of the bigger stables had she won like that for them.

All the money in this race is for Now or Never. Was getting hammered into 10/3 even before the withdrawal of AVM. Still the only horse being backed best price 9/4 and falling now. Obviously a chunky rule 4.

This could go off favourite still plunging on BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

2 Bets for me today

Madame Chiang 3.10 Deauville (Advised by Aidan)

Tylery Wonder 3.10 Curragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭shmeee

5.40 Curragh
    Unyielding @ 6/1
    Should run a big race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

- but I feel that Sea Moon at 18/1 is the value here.
    I'm taking your advice for small money.
    €5 win at 20. Forecasts 5-2 €3 at 100, 5-4 €3 at 49, 5-6 €4 at 40

He will either bomb or win easily.
    He won the Voltigeur by 8l, and was drawn 16 in the Arc on heavy and had no chance from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Fine run from Now or Never. Very good chance she's run into a serious animal especially after hearing the Bolger interview after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    5.40 Curragh
    Unyielding @ 6/1
    Should run a big race

Beaten a short head. Another typical result for me so.

Advertisement