Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Black Friday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Hogzy wrote: »
    Dont buy the Beam on Amazon, its going to be reduced across all the retailers to 370 euro which is cheaper than amazon. Amazon will work out a lot more expensive too with the Irish VAT. On this rare occasion it actually pays to shop local.

Yep, 369 in DID right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Caranica wrote: »
    I got the 2 pack last week. Have been struggling to pair them with my WiFi but didn't spend long at it. Changing ISP so going to wait to set them up then... As well as everything else!

I used the Smart Life Android app for mine and it was a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

6.14 for Ye on vinyl by Kanye West. Not too many fans over in HotUKdeals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I got the 2 pack last week. Have been struggling to pair them with my WiFi but didn't spend long at it. Changing ISP so going to wait to set them up then... As well as everything else!
    I used the Smart Life Android app for mine and it was a breeze.

I have 5 of the plugs at home and used the Smart Life app also and it was simple as could be to set them up with the app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I have 5 of the plugs at home and used the Smart Life app also and it was simple as could be to set them up with the app

NO CHAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

JeffKenna wrote: »
    NO CHAT

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NO CHAT

Why not?
    The thread is not a "No Chat" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

kceire wrote: »
    Why not?
    The thread is not a "No Chat" thread.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058032636/1/#post111827328

FFVII wrote: »

OP cant dictate a "No Chat" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

kceire wrote: »
    OP cant dictate a "No Chat" thread.

So what's the point in having an Amazon chat thread then?

By your logic we now have
    Amazon Black Friday chat thread and also another Amazon Black Friday chat thread. Is it not boards policy to delete duplicate threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

So what's the point in having an Amazon chat thread then?

By your logic we now have
    Amazon Black Friday chat thread and also another Amazon Black Friday chat thread. Is it not boards policy to delete duplicate threads?

The other thread is dedicated chat.

This one hosts the bargains, as well as a bit of chat.
    FFVII wrote: »
    You really need to be told!!?

Stop being a dick.

You won't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What do you use them on?
    Really trying to find a reason for not buying them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I picked up the 3 pack today.

Some reviews mentioned they'll only work on 2.4 GHz, so if your router is dual band, make sure you are connected to the 2.4 GHz and not the 5 GHz before trying to add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

F34 wrote: »

With shipping and Irish VAT it works out at 375 so better off buying local and getting the UK/IRL plug

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Philips Hue Play White and Colour Ambiance Smart Light Bar 3 Pack [Base Unit + Extension], Entertainment Lighting for TV and Gaming (Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SWDYKDQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ura4DbEM8CWP6

Bought this, this is a good deal, no? Had 2 x light strips before which I thought were amazing but moved and the adhesive wore off

120 euro with revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hogzy wrote: »
    With shipping and Irish VAT it works out at 375 so better off buying local and getting the UK/IRL plug

Comes out at 349 for me including shipping and Irish VAT. (assuming it doesn't add the Irish VAT after the very last Buy Now button

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

kisugem wrote: »

The €99 set looks to be a great deal too... I picked up a little B&Q own brand one of these a few weeks ago n it's pants... has feck all torque and the chuck is rubbish. Might grab this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

What do you use them on?

The missus curling thongs.

Iron ;)

Lamps

Handy out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WSKH2XK/ref=asc_df_B07WSKH2XK1574910000000/?tag=pjuk-amazon.co.uk-21&creative=22374&creativeASIN=B07WSKH2XK&linkCode=df0&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

As posted in the Amazon chat thread... Motorola One Zoom down from €429 to €290. UK addresses for delivery only.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

unklerosco wrote: »
    The €99 set looks to be a great deal too... I picked up a little B&Q own brand one of these a few weeks ago n it's pants... has feck all torque and the chuck is rubbish. Might grab this one.

Bought an hour or so ago, it has two 2ahr batteries, have the GSB with 1.5ahr but this is usually €130 + delivery on ebay so delivered was €97

What do you use them on?

I currently have the on the sitting room lamp.
    Hallway lamp.
    Christmas tree.
    And I’ll put one on the plug for my outside Xmas lights so I don’t have to go every night to turn them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Bought an hour or so ago, it has two 2ahr batteries, have the GSB with 1.5ahr but this is usually €130 + delivery on ebay so delivered was €97

how'd you get e97? mine coming in at 102 + 14 delivery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

xtal191 wrote: »

Is this no longer available? Can't see it at that price.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mossy464 wrote: »
    Is this no longer available? Can't see it at that price.
    Yeah, it's not there now. But if it was a 24h deal, that deal possibly ended at midnight, which in Germany was 11pm Irish time.

What do you use them on?

I started buying tp link plugs so I stick with them but as far as what they get used for currently: living room lamp, lamps in different bedrooms, electric blankets in beds, shower pump and phone charger (for the timer function more than anything), use one the I move around on the kettle or slow cooker sometimes (turn on from bed so cooker is warm/kettle is boiled when I get down stairs). Will be adding more for additional lamps etc as time goes on. Usually use either WiFi or remote sockets for Christmas lights etc too.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’m guessing he bought the one for €83 and not the €99 deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Probably bought the set for €86. I got the €99 set which came to €114 Inc delivery

Advertisement