Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasses for night driving

Comments

I was recently at the opticians and asked about night driving glasses as well. He said
    that you cannot wear polarized lenses at night because the tint on them is too dark for night time driving.
    I paid extra for 'anti-glare' on my new glasses, don't know if this is just a gimmick or not. Picking them up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

curvedxl wrote: »
    I paid extra for 'anti-glare' on my new glasses, don't know if this is just a gimmick or not. Picking them up tomorrow

So did I. Useless.

Please let us know how you get on.

Well the new glasses are an improvement, but I think it's more to do with the fact that they have no scratches on the lenses than the anti glare thing. Driving at night is definitely easier.

The other contributing factor is the windscreen of my car has lots of tiny marks made by the wipers over the years(it's 13 years old).I used to park near some trees at my old house, and little pieces of branches were always falling on to the windscreen, scratching the screen when the wipers were switched on.
    I don't think it's possible to remove these, but I will put on new wiper blades which may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Windscreen replacement might be covered by your insurance

Advertisement