Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dillashaw by KO/TKO
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Honestly I don't know if you're trolling or not or maybe drunk? I've seen it at least 20 times on twitter and it is one of the worst late strikes I've seen. It didn't actually connect with the temple but hit him close to the back of the head, which is worse. He was on one knee so had no balance to soften the blow, Hardy centred himself and stepped into it. He actually tried to grab the side of Crowders head to pull it closer to the knee.

If you're honestly going to say there was "no power" behind it then I suggest you need to stop watching fights altogether. They are Heavyweights fpr god sake it's hardly going to tickle now is it. Here have another look.

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1086854410171498496
    Late strike? I don't think it was clean close the bell, late in what way? Re-gif'd clips on twitter aren't real time.
    It was also nowhere near back of the head, that's not actually possible standing in front of somebody btw.
    Yes they are HW, yes it hurt, and yes it was a clear illegal knee.
    I'm just saying that it wasn't a big hit (by HW standards). Crowder was fine, he wasn't even knocked out. That knee was way way more favourable than a knockout (legal) strike from a legit HW like Ngannou that nobody blinks at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dillashaw by Sub
    Cejudo is a legend. I hope they rematch at 135 if they are still getting rid of the flyweight decision. His presser right now has been good, very honest.

Cowboy really surprised me tonight, can never count an old out.

Hardy's an idiot also, I know the rules are all over the place at the moment but that's what you get when you rush someone who's someone who's not ready into into such a big spot on the cars.

The head on TJ aswell while the cut to him when Henry was talking, big sour ejit. Had to try in you didn't beat me in his cage interview either. Sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

a couple of good and bad things overall on the first espn card.

firstly not sure i like the presenters. the guy who interviewed dana, smith i think was his name. didnt like his style at all. no recap at the end with dc and anik didnt like that.

as for the fights
    pvz Vs ostovich i could watch over and over again they should have a rematch:p:p all joking aside it looked like pvz pulled her shoulder out of the socket.

thought cowboy looked good dont think the stoppage was early hernandez was taking a fair beating so the ref was right imo

anyone else think it was odd that during the break between rounds the camera stayed in hardys corner and never showed crowders corner? hardy just confirmed he is a scum bag with that illegal knee.

i initially thought the stoppage in the henry v tj fight was a bit quick but i have rewound and watched it several times and i dont think the ref had a choice. henry clipped with with the head kick and then hit him with 17 unanswered punches from a dominate position and during that flurry tj tried to get up twice and was knocked back down. tj was on his ass with his head down when the ref jumped in, if he hadnt henry would of kept punching him and i believe the same outcome would of happened a few secs later.
    ASOT wrote: »

The head on TJ aswell while the cut to him when Henry was talking, big sour ejit. Had to try in you didn't beat me in his cage interview either. Sore loser.

just another reason why i dont like tj. YES he did beat you tj, you might not have liked the stoppage but it is a loss on your record. you could of said lets run it back at 125 as i dont agree with decision, no instead you say that ****.

I wonder if people would be saying the same if tj had won the same way over henry. i went back and watched the first tko tj got on cody and to me it looked simular to how tj lost and cody was getting back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hsvnt read the thread yet . am I alone. Early stoppage? Only seen it once with loaf of shouting apes with me but looked very early? Did tj have any complaints ts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hsvnt read the thread yet . am I alone. Early stoppage? Only seen it once with loaf of shouting apes with me but looked very early? Did tj have any complaints ts?

You'll always get split opinions on stoppages like that but I don't think it was early. TJ was rocked, he had a quick window of recovery as Henry swarmed in but then Henry rocked him again. I don't think the ref had much of a choice, you see a bloke drop like that twice it becomes a safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I thought it could have been let go a bit longer but no complaints about the stoppage. Dropped twice with a barrage of unanswered punches. You can scramble all you like but you can't complain if you're getting smacked the whole time whilst doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dillashaw by Sub
    Just watching last night's event tonight. Wow fair play to Cejuda in delighted for him he seems like a real great and humble guy. Delighted the snake was stopped, the look on his face when Henry called him for a rematch at 135.

Also Greg Hardy what an idiot. Gillepsie and Cowboy fairly impressive also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** sake TJ ya bollox!

Happy out for Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

The finishing sequence in the main event was really odd. It all seemed to begin with Cejudo pushing Dillashaw after Dillashaw had thrown a punch and was unbalanced. Then there was a head kick that looked like it was checked before Cejudo threw a punch and Dillashaw went down. I have only seen that punch from one angle but I couldn't see the connection at all. Did he hit the back of his head or what?

I think Dillashaw's legs buckling are what convinced the ref to make the stoppage but I'd definitely like to have seen it continue for another few seconds at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

shocked but delighted for cowboy and cejudo

hernandez was sure he'd get cowboy outa there early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The finishing sequence in the main event was really odd. It all seemed to begin with Cejudo pushing Dillashaw after Dillashaw had thrown a punch and was unbalanced. Then there was a head kick that looked like it was checked before Cejudo threw a punch and Dillashaw went down. I have only seen that punch from one angle but I couldn't see the connection at all. Did he hit the back of his head or what?

I think Dillashaw's legs buckling are what convinced the ref to make the stoppage but I'd definitely like to have seen it continue for another few seconds at least.

Clipped him behind the ear I'd say which throws your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,586 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Most Henry’s shots were cuffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Just caught up. Crazy stuff. UFC embarrassed themselves having Greg Hardy in a co main event slot. He knew exactly what he was doing too.

Dillashaw should never have cut that weight. Ruined him.

Dillashaw by Sub
    I thought the stoppage in the main event was a littl early. Anyone agree?

I can't deny it though I am happy for Henry but I do have little interest in that division so I dont care if they close it or not. I'd be interested in Henry v TJ at 135.... I think TJ would take it handily enough

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just watching the clip Ultimate Seduction posted and I can see why the ref stopped it.

It does look like at 4.41 Cejudo drops TJ and then does it again at 4.30 after TJ trys to get up.

It's one of those ones where if the ref didn't stop it and Cejudo continued what he was doing people, which it looked like he was going to, would be saying it went on too long and it should have been stopped earlier

I can't deny it though I am happy for Henry but I do have little interest in that division so I dont care if they close it or not. I'd be interested in Henry v TJ at 135.... I think TJ would take it handily enough

Agreed. Dillashaw v Cejudo at 135 is the fight to make. Dillashaw gains nothing by killing himself to get 125. No way does he get dropped with those shots at 135, his brain was probably totally dehydrated.

just watched the press conference. jesus TJ would brown ya. saying he didnt lose.... whats your record say? kept saying he put in so much work and had plans for after this. did everyone on the card not put in a lot of hard work???its like he just cant give henry any credit. this poor me i worked so hard crap makes him look childish and entitled

also a reporter saying to henry that tj tripped over his own feet.... seriously wtf i watched it again for the 100th time and he didnt trip on his own feet.

why cant henry get the credit he deserves

ok enough ranting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

The Cejudo fight reminded me of the Nunez victory over Cyborg recently.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    just watched the press conference. jesus TJ would brown ya. saying he didnt lose.... whats your record say? kept saying he put in so much work and had plans for after this. did everyone on the card not put in a lot of hard work???its like he just cant give henry any credit. this poor me i worked so hard crap makes him look childish and entitled

also a reporter saying to henry that tj tripped over his own feet.... seriously wtf i watched it again for the 100th time and he didnt trip on his own feet.

why cant henry get the credit he deserves

ok enough ranting

He trotted out the "I didn't lose tonight" crap in his post fight interview aswell.

As the interview finished up Jon Anik said "all class as usual, TJ Dillashaw ladies and gentlemen!". His interview was anything but classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just caught the fight.

It was a good stoppage IMO.

TJ was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Esse85 wrote: »
    The Cejudo fight reminded me of the Nunez victory over Cyborg recently.

Can't imagine why.

I don't think anyone will be calling out Gregor Gillespie any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dillashaw by Sub
    mailburner wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will be calling out Gregor Gillespie any time soon

He absorbed one significant strike all fight. Some stat.

cejudo was all about saving the flyweight division and he calls out TJ at 135 thats a bit strange why not defend against an actual fly weight and then fight tj at 135

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looked odd to me as well. It was like he got rocked from the push? I kept re-watching to see if there was an elbow or clash of heads I missed.

Must have been the weight cut because he just looked weak the whole time.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    cejudo was all about saving the flyweight division and he calls out TJ at 135 thats a bit strange why not defend against an actual fly weight and then fight tj at 135

who wants to see/pay for cejudo benavidez, ppv numbers would be shocking
    The rematch could be cejudo's last big payday for a while I'd imagine

Ush1 wrote: »
    Looked odd to me as well. It was like he got rocked from the push? I kept re-watching to see if there was an elbow or clash of heads I missed.

Must have been the weight cut because he just looked weak the whole time.

He checked the head kick but maybe his brain wasn't fully rehydrated and the kick was enough to rock him?

mailburner wrote: »
    who wants to see/pay for cejudo benavidez, ppv numbers would be shocking
    The rematch could be cejudo's last big payday for a while I'd imagine

I didn't say he needed to be main event but could be a co main and he got no damage at the weekend so he could fight someone fairly soon and still possibly fight tj before the end of the year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dillashaw by Sub
    Can see a quick turn around for Henry probably a co main on a card before the summer then a rematch with Tj for his 135 belt later in the year.

Dana I say is praying Henry can tap into the Mexican American maket

Advertisement