Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Italian Campsites (Fly/Drive Holiday)

• 22-12-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Advance Research !

Looking for recommendations for Campsites in Italy for a Fly/Drive Holiday. Kids would be 14 & 11. Pools and decent Waterslides would be a consideration.

We have been to a few French Campsites and have taken the Ferry from Ireland but we would be flying to Italy and then hiring a car. Would like to do 2 Campsites in 2 different regions and would be ok with flying into one Airport and home from a different Airport.
    We have stayed mostly with Eurocamp and once with Vacansoleil but would be open to recommendations for different providers.

Can't seem to find a Thread for Italian Campsites and not sure if I should post this in the France Ferry & Campsite thread. Mods - please move it appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Flew drove to san vito lo capo 2 years ago. Eurocamp. Super holiday
    Edit: Sicily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Flew drove to san vito lo capo 2 years ago. Eurocamp. Super holiday
    Edit: Sicily

Oh, hadn't considered Sicily but will have a look !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Bella Italia in Peschiera on Lake Garda would be good with older children. Fly to Bergamo or Verona, Verona is closer. Plenty to see in the area. The lake itself is surrounded by lots of beautiful towns and to the north are the Dolomites. if you have a car you can drive around the lake in a day. Take the cable car up to the top of the Monte Baldo in Malcesine. Milan and Venice are feasible day trips by train if you didn't want to drive. Verona is well worth a visit, see an opera in the Arena if that's your thing.

+1 for Bella italia, so much to do around lake Garda

Bella Italia looks great for the Kids so definitely a contender there.

Also looking at Tuscany - maybe Norcienni or Park Albatross - anyone been there ?

Or Union Lido over near Venice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I looked at Bella Italia, but its a fair distance away from airports, I prefer as short a transfer as possible when we land.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

NIMAN wrote: »
    I looked at Bella Italia, but its a fair distance away from airports, I prefer as short a transfer as possible when we land.

It's 70 mins easy drive from Bergamo.

Norcenni is about the same to Pisa. I've been to both, and while Norcenni is a great site, seriously good, it is up in the hills with nothing around it to walk to. The nearest town is deathly dull and you have to drive it anyway. Whereas Bella Italia, there is a great little town a short stroll away, you can hire bikes and go all around the lake, there is loads to do. You can swim in the lake too, and hire boats or kayaks.
    Theme park just down the road as well, Gardaland. I could not recommend Bella Italia enough, and I've been to a lot of these sites.

It's 70 mins easy drive from Bergamo.

Norcenni is about the same to Pisa. I've been to both, and while Norcenni is a great site, seriously good, it is up in the hills with nothing around it to walk to.

Thanks. We don't mind the drive at all.

I think Bella Italia is pretty much a definite.

Have you been to Park Albatross or Union Lido ? Or would you recommend any other Campsites ?

Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Verona airport is much closer to Bella Italia than Bergamo, although Bergamo is worth a visit in its own right. The old town is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Bella Italia looks great for the Kids so definitely a contender there.

Also looking at Tuscany - maybe Norcienni or Park Albatross - anyone been there ?

Or Union Lido over near Venice ?

Did Union Lido this year and was very good but quite expensive on site, aimed at an older age group than my two.

Have done Norcenni the last two years before this and loved it. Loads to do, great food at reasonable prices and not too far from Pizza, Bolgona and Florence. Would get my pick

• Advertisement

We are liking the look/sound of Norcienni and Bella Italia.
    Fly into Pisa, hire car and spend first half of holiday in Norcienni. Then drive to Bella Italia and spend second half of holiday there. Fly home from Venice/Verona/Bergamo/Bologna whichever works out best!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

We are liking the look/sound of Norcienni and Bella Italia.
    Fly into Pisa, hire car and spend first half of holiday in Norcienni. Then drive to Bella Italia and spend second half of holiday there. Fly home from Venice/Verona/Bergamo/Bologna whichever works out best!

They are probably the two best sites in Italy so thats a good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't have kids but I stayed in Bella Italia a few years ago. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Would Bella Italia suit a 6 and 3 year old, or is there anywhere in Italy someone could recommend that would?

It's grand, found another thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057932128

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Pacengo at Lake Garda, several different campsites in the area plus you are within 15 minutes by car of 3 theme Parks. Gardaland being the largest and Italy's version of Disneyland.

Has anyone used Operators other than Eurocamp on either Bella Italia or Norcienni ?
    Ideally looking for 3 Bed Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

Has anyone used Operators other than Eurocamp on either Bella Italia or Norcienni ?

I've been in both, and in both cases I've booked directly with the campsite.

I can't remember the exact figures, but the saving was substantial.

Technique wrote: »
    I've been in both, and in both cases I've booked directly with the campsite.

I can't remember the exact figures, but the saving was substantial.

Thanks.

Did the Campsite owned Accomodation have flexible arrival/departure dates ?

Thanks.

Did the Campsite owned Accomodation have flexible arrival/departure dates ?

Yes, if anything I would say that they're more flexible as they're in control of all of the accommodation. The agents usually control a certain allocation of the accommodation which will be tied into arrival and departure dates linked to packages which they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Bella are fairly strict about Sat or Wed checkins only AFAIK when booked directly. Norcienni are flexible though. All days allowed on their own website for arriving or departing. And like the above poster said...savings are very substantial.

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Bella are fairly strict about Sat or Wed checkins only AFAIK when booked directly. Norcienni are flexible though. All days allowed on their own website for arriving or departing. And like the above poster said...savings are very substantial.

Both campsites we went in June so there may have been more flexibility outside of the peak season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Their website only allows Sat and Wed...BUT just remembered do ring them. Friends of ours went a couple of years ago and were able to arrange a Thursday check-in. They did have to move from an appt to a bungalow after 2 days but ringing up allowed Bella to sort it all out easily to facilitate their dates.

Has anyone used Human Travel for accommodation on Italian Campsites ?
    Specifically Norcenni and Bella Italia.

Do they have flexible arrival/departure days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

we had the 3bed mobile on Bella Italia
    3 bed 1 bath Avant + Deck + AC

It was class

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    we had the 3bed mobile on Bella Italia
    3 bed 1 bath Avant + Deck + AC

It was class

We stayed in the Avant 2 Summers ago and loved it but priced it for 2019 and working out v expensive so switched the 3 Bed Azure.

Looking at other options to possibly use instead of Eurocamp for 2020 especially at the Italian Campsites we are looking at do not have Eurocamp Kids Clubs whic our Kids love.

Want to have as much research as possible done in advance of the 2020 release of dates.

Back again !

Have been reading a lot about Bella Italia and wondering if it will be too crowded/busy for us. In particular in relation to the carry-on with Sun Loungers in the mornings etc. And the crowds at the Pools.

What I do like about the Campsite is that you can walk by the Lake into the town without bringing the car.

Also looking at Altomincio. But seems a car is definitely needed here.

Has anyone been to both ?

Or anyone comment on the busyness of Bella Italia ?

We would be looking at the last 10 days ish in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Back again !

Have been reading a lot about Bella Italia and wondering if it will be too crowded/busy for us. In particular in relation to the carry-on with Sun Loungers in the mornings etc. And the crowds at the Pools.

What I do like about the Campsite is that you can walk by the Lake into the town without bringing the car.

Also looking at Altomincio. But seems a car is definitely needed here.

Has anyone been to both ?

Or anyone comment on the busyness of Bella Italia ?

We would be looking at the last 10 days ish in June.

Altominico is really geared to smaller kids, we used to go when the kids were smaller, we also went to a park near Venice called Pra Del Torri, beautiful spot, right on the beach.

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Altominico is really geared to smaller kids, we used to go when the kids were smaller

Thanks Graham. Will rule that out so.

Anyone have experience of Human Travel or Roan Camping ?

TIA !

• Advertisement

Anyone know where Roan Mobiles are located at Norcenni ?

Also, how are the Restaurants on Norcenni in terms of Food Quality and Prices ?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement