Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alternative music in Ireland in 2018

• 22-12-2018 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Nice list here from The Thin Air on Irish releases in 2018. I've had a good listen and it's brilliant that there's such a variety of bands. Fact is though - for me at least - that it's mostly awful stuff. I admire anyone who gets their **** together, forms a band and has a go but listening to that list, there's very little I'd consider investing in.

Is it just me?

Edit: That said, the Dowry track is stunning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

mosstin wrote: »
    Nice list here from The Thin Air on Irish releases in 2018. I've had a good listen and it's brilliant that there's such a variety of bands. Fact is though - for me at least - that it's mostly awful stuff. I admire anyone who gets their **** together, forms a band and has a go but listening to that list, there's very little I'd consider investing in.

Is it just me?

Edit: That said, the Dowry track is stunning.

The alternative music scene in Ireland is the envy of the world (or the British at least)
    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/ireland-punk-bands-fontaines-dc-murder-capital-2415910
    Murder Capital are up there with Idles in terms of powerful and engaging live performances but haven't released much music as yet,maybe we will get an album in 2019?
    Vulpynes also should also be high in that list but seem to have omitted.
    Out of that list I would pick Hot Cops Decay as top of the bunch.Top video as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The alternative music scene in Ireland is the envy of the world (or the British at least)
    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/ireland-punk-bands-fontaines-dc-murder-capital-2415910
    Murder Capital are up there with Idles in terms of powerful and engaging live performances but haven't released much music as yet,maybe we will get an album in 2019?
    Vulpynes also should also be high in that list but seem to have omitted.
    Out of that list I would pick Hot Cops Decay as top of the bunch.Top video as well.
    Feeling fades just released. More on the way soon, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Feeling fades just released. More on the way soon, I hope.

Their live shows are dynamite,very difficult to replicate that onto disc but I think they have done it with this single.

Advertisement