Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift is a Democrat.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am a Democrat supporter as well.

The Dundalk Democrat or the Longford Democrat?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Stop the world, I want to jump off.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Don't think anyone cares to be honest.

Agreed, sure aren't they all those (pop singers and likes) Democrats anyway?
    Hardy earth shattering stuff.
    What would be news is she said she was moving to Ireland to run for President because everyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mutant z wrote: »
    More celebrity virue signalling whats new thankfully its not her but the actual voters who decide who is president or not its because of condescending attitutes such as hers which has driven Trump to the white house in the first place and led to Brexit but they still get on their high horse to preach to everyone else about what they should do well they can get stuffed.

Irony Trump is a celebrity. Only ever was a Celebrity and used his celebrity to get in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,301 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The Dundalk Democrat or the Longford Democrat?
    Leinster Leader or the meath chronicle or nothing.
    I'm so right wing i only read the right side of the paper.

• Advertisement

What would be news is she said she was moving to Ireland to run for President because everyone else is.
    Mostly yeah.
    Some country music stars came out and continue to come out in favour of trump (EG Kid Rock, Ted Nugent etc), but for pop singers yeah they are generally of the lefty liberal (insert denigration sjw term here) variety

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

More celebrity virue signalling whats new thankfully its not her but the actual voters who decide who is president or not its because of condescending attitutes such as hers which has driven Trump to the white house in the first place and led to Brexit but they still get on their high horse to preach to everyone else about what they should do well they can get stuffed.

maybe she's simply a democrat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Man, you've really taken this hard haven't you? Shake it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What's so stupid about it?

I will spell it out for you.

Hillary got Bruce, Bono etc on her side, because she couldn't even fill a phone box at her rallies.

They then went on a lecturing tour.

And the people didn't listen to them, and she lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ebbsy wrote: »

Hillary got Bruce, Bono etc on her side, because she couldn't even fill a phone box at her rallies.

you've failed to establish a causal link there really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

lawred2 wrote: »
    maybe she's simply a democrat

Maybe she is simply voting democrat this time. Maybe I missed the whole wall of text but all I is that she explained why she is voting for democrat candidate this time, asked people to see what the candidates stand for and to register. There was zero comment on Trump and yet some here are on the verge of heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well, it's obvious now, but up to now Taylor Swift never mentioned anything political. So the alt right adopted her, had stills of her doing the Hitler salute, the meme of her hugging white fans but hover hand on a black fan. They held her up as the poster child of "white beauty". She was one of them but she just couldn't come out and admit it. Some people reckoned she posted on 4chan. "Based Taylor Swift" and "Taylor Swift knows" memes. She was the female poster child, her seemingly "purity" helped too and of course, she was a secret Trump supporter.
    That's the reason this is all funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

No other viabae alternative, apparently. Which tells you a lot about American politics.

2016election_kangkodos.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Cienciano wrote: »
    Well, it's obvious now, but up to now Taylor Swift never mentioned anything political. So the alt right adopted her, had stills of her doing the Hitler salute, the meme of her hugging white fans but hover hand on a black fan. They held her up as the poster child of "white beauty". She was one of them but she just couldn't come out and admit it. Some people reckoned she posted on 4chan. "Based Taylor Swift" and "Taylor Swift knows" memes. She was the female poster child, her seemingly "purity" helped too and of course, she was a secret Trump supporter.
    That's the reason this is all funny.
    Brilliant. :D So that's why the reaction is so extreme because her statement didn't merit it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Taylor Swift is one of the founders of ISIS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ebbsy wrote: »

But she got more individual votes in the end... So her turn out must have improved by your 'logic'

Anyway what's that got to do with Swift telling people to vote according to their own values?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah just shake it off.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Is your average "Swifty" even old enough to vote?

Anyway, the only thing that will actually tip the balance back in the Democrat's favour is the economy tanking under Trump's watch.

Is your average "Swifty" even old enough to vote?

Anyway, the only thing that will actually tip the balance back in the Democrat's favour is the economy tanking under Trump's watch.
    Which is unlikely to happen.
    Combine that with the successful kavanaugh and gorsuch nominations, and it makes it more likely than not that Trump will be reelected

ELM327 wrote: »
    Mostly yeah.
    Some country music stars came out and continue to come out in favour of trump (EG Kid Rock, Ted Nugent etc), but for pop singers yeah they are generally of the lefty liberal (insert denigration sjw term here) variety

There is the occasional Republican like Arnie/Regan/Eastwood the old school film stars.

American politics is odd anyway.
    You would think they would have a strong third party to give it a real democracy instead of the duopoly it has.
    Otherwise it might as well go the other way and have a one party country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I'll close this down for a short time to transfer the thread over to the Celeb forum. Hopefully it won't take long.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Sorry BTJ, I was going to do it but I was out lucking for all the fücks I give about Taylor Swift. Alas couldn't find one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement