Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

jellybear wrote: »
    Mine's more like razors in my throat :( Wondering if it's something like strep throat as so many of the kids I'm teaching were so unwell last week with very bad coughs :(

Oh no fingers crossed. My toddler is finally getting over his, we actually managed to get back into our own bed for a night after six days of temps and coughing. I was signed off work by the doc for exhaustion/stress and now I’m actually physically sick too. Bah.

Bring on the Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc sounds like a perfect evening to kick off the season
    Elves hope your all on the mend soon remember to listen to your body rest up if you need it
    I wasn't in the best of form earlier today no reason just wasn't feeling it but it turned into a productive day we've decided on a Christmas jumper day in work, I got lots of cleaning and tidying done today in my house and my mothers, we had a roast dinner too I am not long back from Blanchardstown shopping centre my mothers washing has given up so I got her a new one at a reduced price
    Having a cuppa now with a Lindor bar watching I'm a celeb

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh I love I’m a celebrity. Proper Christmas buildup viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm going out for a pre-Christmas meal with friends on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Okay, I think I am done shopping, but now I have a panic that surely I have forgotten someone.

I never know what to get my Mum, got here a christmas hamper, that's okay right?

Jellybear, I have been crippled in the past with strep/sore throats and found cutting dairy out for a week and having manuka honey in warm water (not boiling as it kills all the goodness) to really help. Not sure there is any scientific back up to this but it works.

We had a no tv night so after the run we sat out the back and had mince pies (GF) and ice cream. I started reading The Autobiography of Santa Claus. Seems fun so far even with quite a few mentions of Jesus, but in fairness it is meant to be his birthday. Anywho i will keep you elves posted on the book.

I have to collect the OHs car today following crash repairs, I will have the Christmas FM app on, the first Christmas tunes of the year!! What time does it launch though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It goes live at 1.00pm Irish time Jude. I’m so excited ⛄️🎄⛄️🎄

Perfect, 5pm for me. That's my commute sorted.

I haven't felt excited/christmassy yet, probably due to work etc however I am bloody excited about Christmas fm, what will be the first song, please be dont let the bells end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got the tree up and decorated last night and I'm really happy with it. It makes the room so cosy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jude13 wrote: »
    Perfect, 5pm for me. That's my commute sorted.

I haven't felt excited/christmassy yet, probably due to work etc however I am bloody excited about Christmas fm, what will be the first song, please be dont let the bells end

I think Last Christmas would be nice as a little tribute to George Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I think Last Christmas would be nice as a little tribute to George Michael.

Funnily enough, just heard this morning its also the bookies favourite for the uk christmas No.1 spot.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I got a bit ahead of myself listening to the Christmas FM app on the way into work this morning, I thought it was already live until I heard a voice say launching today at 1pm! It still made me feel nice and Christmassy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kitten_k your Christmas decorations are amazing!! You really went all out.

I love the shower curtain and duvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah you have to Loughc - my mam thinks I'm nuts!

miamee wrote: »
    I got a bit ahead of myself listening to the Christmas FM app on the way into work this morning, I thought it was already live until I heard a voice say launching today at 10pm! It still made me feel nice anc Christmassy :)

10pm or 1pm?? Not sure I can wait till 10pm.

Kitten, class dec's alright.

1 pm Jude it launches today what a way to kick off your commute home we’ve been waiting along time for this :)
    Kitten your decorations are fab
    Hoping to do my mothers tree today we’ve a hospital appointment first planning on listening to Christmas fm on the way to our appointment
    More cleaning and tidying this morning I’m having a coffee break now while catching up on posts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Jude13 wrote: »
    10pm or 1pm?? Not sure I can wait till 10pm.

Kitten, class dec's alright.

Typo! 1pm Jude, don't worry :pac:

Just went to set up christmas FM on my desktop so I'd be all set for 1pm to be met by a warning from our IT that streaming is no longer permitted & the site is blocked...

talk about bah humbug! Will just have to use my phone & the company wifi (that doesn't block it) instead!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yea it's blocked here too so have downloaded the app.

Everything is blocked here (bar boards ssshhh!), I barely see any pics posted by others. No social media etc so if someone puts a link to twitter etc then its no dice. Ditto if using the wifi on your phone.

Christmas grocery shop tonight. Trolley full of quality street.

Nothing blocked here. Well nothing I’ve come across anyway! Less than 2 hours to go until Christmas FM!

• Advertisement

App downloaded & working fine.... happy days!

Hot chocolate in front of me, a bit early I know as it will never make it the next 75 mins, but I will be humming along to whatever they decide to play.

Is today going really slowly for anyone else?

Is today going really slowly for anyone else?

Thankfully no. But that's because I won't get to listen to Christmas FM at 1.

The app from last year better work as I can't download a new one at the moment.

The app is working for me only minutes to go :)

I'm getting an error on the website since this morning - hopefully the site will go live at 1pm though!

Okay from 5pm and after his first link he played its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Don't know if my hormones are going crazy or what but when It's Christmas Time came on Christmas FM I nearly burst into tears. Not ideal as I was driving. I think it's a combination of it being such a high octane happy song and remembering last Christmas eve when it was my earworm when I heard Rick Parfitt had died and Carrie Fisher had a heart attack.

On the plus side my car radio picks up Christmas FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

For the Disney fans (DisneyDiva I'm looking at you!!) ... the Disney store have the princess decorations reduced from €17 to €12.75 at the moment. You can also buy a box of 10 princess decorations for €130 ... would be worth paying the extra €2.50 to keep them safe!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement