Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Good Book for Nutrition Level 5/6 Fetac

• 24-11-2010 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

I've just been asked to deliver Nutrition Level 5/6 (in a few days). Its not really my area and while I've downloaded the course module I want to be sure that I'm covering everything correctly for the students . Is there a good text book / guide that anyone can recommend.

Also they mentioned that there is a test in December - is this a standard test by Fetac or is this something that the previous lecturer would have designed (unfortunately the previous lecture has left so there is no handover or passing on of any info etc)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lorrainbo

Hi Laurenpedro123, i'm in the same position as you were back when you posted this. Just wondering if you managed to get any info. regarding a good text book that I could use. I'm in this position since mid september and to date I've just been preparing my own notes etc. using material from the internet. I am afraid however, that I may not be delivering the course sufficiently, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

Nutrition for Life- Lisa Hark

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Nutrition and Dietetics for Health Care by Helen M. Barker

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

Teaching Nutrition this yr level 5 - if anyone has any advice/tips. I am willing to share resources, powerpoints etc with any other teachers in same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Rogorose

Hi guys, I know this post is old but has anyone got any QQI Level 5 Nutrition resources/powerpoints they could share? Just began teaching this, I have resources for other QQI Level 4 and Level 5 modules I can share. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement