Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Ann Marie Walsh, of 8Radio.com, is presenting this two-hour slot. She obviously likes the Christmas favourites as well as the alternative tunes elsewhere! She played That's Christmas by Chris Norman. It's definitely a grower.

She is now playing one of my personal favourites: Something about Christmas Time by Bryan Adams.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Listened to Garvan and Trish on the way in this morning, and they gave me a great boost!

They were saying that if you leave your tree up after today, it is supposed to stay up until Candlemas Day, so guess I'll be doing that with the tree in my hall. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loughc wrote: »
    My lunctime walk was powered today by ChristmasFM first song on was Wham Last Christmas and last song I heard while walking home was Fairytale of New York. Perfect!
    I never thought of it for my lunchtime walk - I listened to feckin Newstalk, lol. Opportunity missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Listened to Garvan and Trish on the way in this morning, and they gave me a great boost!

They were saying that if you leave your tree up after today, it is supposed to stay up until Candlemas Day, so guess I'll be doing that with the tree in my hall. :)

Thats February 2nd isn't it?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

Thats February 2nd isn't it?

It is indeed, I learnt that from ChristmasFM as well haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

G’wan Roscommon

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/dermot-dave/id989751560#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.radiocms.net%2Fradio-cms%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F01%2F06140602%2FPOD-060121-Roscommon-Town-Xmas-Lights-.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ann Marie Walsh, of 8Radio.com, is presenting this two-hour slot. She obviously likes the Christmas favourites as well as the alternative tunes elsewhere! She played That's Christmas by Chris Norman. It's definitely a grower.

She is now playing one of my personal favourites: Something about Christmas Time by Bryan Adams.

Band Aid on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I was on my own in work this morning so had the bluetooth speaker paired with my phone and spent the morning singing along. It was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Spent the whole afternoon tuned. It was lovely!

Just tuned in again in the last few minutes. Ann Marie Walsh said that one of her festive favourites is Driving Home for Christmas (Chris Rhea - who else?!) and it's now playing. Mine too! Second time I have heard it today!

• Advertisement

Finally, Andy Williams.... 'The most wonderful time of the year' my personal festive fave!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Anyone lose the stream there suddenly? Its all quiet for me???

Anyone lose the stream there suddenly? Its all quiet for me???

Yeah it seems to go wonky. I restarted my phone but it seemed to be only playing random music or a previous broadcast

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to go wonky. I restarted my phone but it seemed to be only playing random music or a previous broadcast

Glad its not just me so. Both the app on my mobile & the PC are playing up. Hope they get it sorted soon.

Glad its not just me so. Both the app on my mobile & the PC are playing up. Hope they get it sorted soon.

App was wonky for me this evening too. Alexa is fine though

I tune in a short while ago. I heard the presenter Kirsty Hughes - another new name to me. She sounds very young but sweet!

Will log back on at 11 for the last hour.

Will log back on at 11 for the last hour.

I missed the last hour thanks to all the sh!te going on with Trump and America. Thanks Trump!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I missed the last hour thanks to all the sh!te going on with Trump and America. Thanks Trump!! :mad:

Same, got so caught up watching it last night completely forgot to tune back in :(

Anyone know what song they finished on?

TRS30 wrote: »
    Same, got so caught up watching it last night completely forgot to tune back in :(

Anyone know what song they finished on?

Same here, Trumps shenningans had me so wired I only realised after 12 o'clock I'd missed the end.

Was raging I missed the last song :(

It wasn't like I needed another reason to despise the orange fiend but I have another one now. :mad:

• Advertisement

I caught that as well, it's a great song.. and has also given me an idea for a new thread haha.
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Teaser alert :D

Reveal alert :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058147574

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Apart from all the other things he has done, that is the worst, making people miss Christmas fm!!

My message was one of the last three read out :)

My message was one of the last three read out :)

Did you listen til the end?

Did you listen til the end?

Until about 10 past 12

Until about 10 past 12

What was the last presenter song?

I can't remember. Even as I turned it off at 12.10 I thought oh sh1t, what was the last song again? I bet someone asks on Boards tomorrow"
    I actually think it was Mistletoe and Wine or Dolly's Holly Jolly Christmas (false teeth and all)

I actually think it was Mistletoe and Wine or Dolly's Holly Jolly Christmas (false teeth and all)

How unremarkable if it was one of them. I would have been hoping for 'we need a title Christmas'

But in reality as that closed out the FM broadcast the proper book end would have been the first song played by a presenter with the earlier started online broadcasts in November.

I suspect we'll never know though. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

The last song was from Dolly Parton, "A Holly Jolly Christmas"

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with that choice:(

Was hoping for something more my style, like Last Christmas, or even Mariah:o

Still it was great to have the station live for one more day.

Advertisement