Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Nfl Draft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 News Carver

I dreamt my Chiefs moved up to grab Bosa last night

Then I woke up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't agree with this tbh.

Two first round picks, there is every chance NY take a QB round 1. OBJ trade has no impact on it at all. Gettleman said in his press conference the other day that he intends on drafting a QB.

If he doesn’t he deserves the sack immediately in my opinion but to his defence, I feel he’s stuck between a Rock & hard place. It’s widely known the love the Mara’s have for Eli. When McAdoo benched him 2 years ago it was said the Mara’s backed the decision but they clearly didn’t as ultimately (not entirely) it cost him his job.

Gettleman is just saying what the owners want to hear, him speaking good of Eli makes him look good to the owners but he’s fooling no one if he thinks Eli is going to play all 16 games regardless if they draft a QB or not!

I think they take Haskins. Really interested to see what Oakland does draft night, have a feeling Gruden will do something crazy, like swap firsts & give up the #27 to SF to get Bosa or along them lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's a better prospect than Murray. Imo and I've been saying this for quite a while, he is the best prospect to come out of college since Andrew Luck.
    I believe a couple of the so called draft experts have been saying this in recent times but I was saying it before it was reported in the media.

I hate this line by the experts, best QB since Luck/Manning etc

I heard last year Darnold was the best QB since manning, then there was goff and Wentz the best double ever in the first round,

Like some excellent players but i just hate the term best since............

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't agree with this tbh.

Two first round picks, there is every chance NY take a QB round 1. OBJ trade has no impact on it at all. Gettleman said in his press conference the other day that he intends on drafting a QB.

I think they should take one as well but werent they supposedly in love with Herbert, maybe they solid up the team and fininsh bottom 5 next year (possible with manning) and have a chance at TUA, herbert or even seen Fromm ridicukously tipped going high.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭human 19

jester1980 wrote: »
    I think they should take one as well but werent they supposedly in love with Herbert, maybe they solid up the team and fininsh bottom 5 next year (possible with manning) and have a chance at TUA, herbert or even seen Fromm ridicukously tipped going high.

If the do that, I really dont think they will finish bottom 5 next year. With an improved O-line, Eli will have more time for progressions rather than checkdowns. I thought one of the reasons he was throwing checkdowns last year with men open down the field , was that he conditioned himself to get rid of the ball within about 1 second, so he wouldnt get pummeled.

If he has more trust in the O-line he can take more time. Having said that , I still think his long downfied passes over the past 3 years have been Very erratic in accuracy, so it may not make much difference.

Anyway, if they keep Eli and go defence and RG on the 1st 3 picks, I would guess they go 8-8 or 9-7 next season.

I really want Haskins or Murray, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

human 19 wrote: »
    If the do that, I really dont think they will finish bottom 5 next year. With an improved O-line, Eli will have more time for progressions rather than checkdowns. I thought one of the reasons he was throwing checkdowns last year with men open down the field , was that he conditioned himself to get rid of the ball within about 1 second, so he wouldnt get pummeled.

If he has more trust in the O-line he can take more time. Having said that , I still think his long downfied passes over the past 3 years have been Very erratic in accuracy, so it may not make much difference.

Anyway, if they keep Eli and go defence and RG on the 1st 3 picks, I would guess they go 8-8 or 9-7 next season.

I really want Haskins or Murray, though.

Have to disagree with the Eli part, like Peyton before him, his arm is gone. He can make the odd deep throw but OBJ was exposing his weakness by getting open down field on a regular basis. Giving him away and bringing in Tate will give him more options in areas where he is comfortable which should help him, along with the improved OL.

Fully agree with the overall post though, that they could easily win a few more games next year (they weren't far winning more in 2018) and putting themselves in an even more difficult position to get a QB in 2019 draft. Additional problem will be if they do improve results with a shorter focused game and even more run heavy then there'll be calls that Eli should stick around longer rather than give away the picks required to move up to get one of the top QBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Blut2

Interesting. I wonder if/what they'll get from another team for Rosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,479 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have the Cards confirmed they are taking Murray?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have the Cards confirmed they are taking Murray?

Not publically anyway, and they’d be stupid to do so while in the process of (probably) trying to trade their current QB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is Murray even better than Rosen? I'd rather have Rosen and Bosa over Murray and a second round pick.

Cardinals are the new Browns.

Is Murray even better than Rosen? I'd rather have Rosen and Bosa over Murray and a second round pick.

Bit premature to be making that call, especially as we don't know their pick yet.

As a 49ers fan, if they both play up to what they potentially could be, I'm more fearful of playing twice a year another, quicker Wilson type player, who is perfect for their coach's offense, than a Joey Bosa level edge guy, who doesn't necessarily fit their scheme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Giants could do worse than trade their second round pick to Arizona for Rosen, and spend their 2 firsts on improving other areas of the team. Makes a lot more sense then trying to move up for Haskins.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,479 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

adrian522 wrote: »
    The Giants could do worse than trade their second round pick to Arizona for Rosen, and spend their 2 firsts on improving other areas of the team. Makes a lot more sense then trying to move up for Haskins.
    Well I'd disagree, Haskins is a slam dunk imo. You are taking a risk on Rosen, he showed nothing last season and there is always going to be the concussion concerns.

Still think the Giants might be better off sticking with Eli and using their first round picks to sort out the offensive line. Although if Haskins makes it to 6 they'd be insane not to take him.

No use taking him if you are not going to improve the OL though. He needs protection, like any QB, to do his thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

This is a crazy story by Rapopport. If true, there are serious problems with the Radiers front office.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1119274857080991745?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Pretty much. I'm looking forward to betting against them every week for the next several years. Murray played one year in college in a division with no defense. Kingsbury has no pro experience, and only knows offense. The team will be in the gutter for a while especially if Murrays a bust. He's not worth no 1 overall.

Kingsbury is just desperate to get a QB that will keep his job safe for as long as possible. Rosen won't do that. They'll at least give him 2-3 years with Murray as a project.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

letowski wrote: »
    This is a crazy story by Rapopport. If true, there are serious problems with the Radiers front office.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1119274857080991745?s=19
    They were just talking about it on NFL network and it’s because they don’t seem to trust the scouts not to leak names if they have them on a draft board. It was pointed out it’s mike mayock’s first time as a GM so maybe that’s part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Rapoport was just stirring the pot, NFL Network's own Daniel Jeremiah tweeted the following in response to this story "When I started scouting in 2003, most teams allowed scouts and coaches to see the draft board. By 2012, most teams only allowed 3-4 people (HC/GM/Personnel Director/College Director) to have access to the board. This isn’t that unusual.", so going by that, either most teams don't trust their scouts or as Jeremiah claims, this is what most teams do now.

A more plausible explanation is that, by this time, the scouts work is essentially done and the draft board has been set, so the fewer people that have access to it the better. Also it is Easter weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Sky Sports are showing the NFL Draft once again at the following times this week:

Day One - Friday April 26 from 12.30am Sky Sports Action
    Day Two - Friday April 26 from 11pm Sky Sports Action
    Day Three - Saturday April 27 from 8pm Sky Sports Action - from 5pm via the red button

Inside the Huddle will also be on:
    2019 Draft Preview - Wednesday April 24 Sky Sports Arena - 9pm
    Day One Review Show - Friday April 26 Sky Sports Action - 9pm
    2019 Draft Review - Monday April 29 Sky Sports Action - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does anyone really believe the cardinals when they say they’ve not decided on who they are taking first overall ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Does anyone really believe the cardinals when they say they’ve not decided on who they are taking first overall ?

I think they’re still hoping, like they’ve been from the start, that someone offers them a ton of picks to get to #1. If they are the source of all the rumours about what direction they are planning on going, their strategy to get that deal has made no sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Words you don't want to see if you're a Redskins fan.

https://twitter.com/Russellmania621/status/1121120046963658757

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Words you don't want to see if you're a Redskins fan.

https://twitter.com/Russellmania621/status/1121120046963658757

The Jets would definitely take a phone call off him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

I take it the draft and the 15 minutes in particular where the jets are shopping around the 3rd pick is live and on demand on gamepass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

First draft for Ravens GM Eric de Costa

Well he’s had huge influence as assistant GM over the years so hard to say what may change, maybe nothing

They have no second rounder. I’m hoping the team will trade back from 22

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

VillaMad wrote: »
    Sky Sports are showing the NFL Draft once again at the following times this week:

Day Three - Saturday April 27 from 8pm Sky Sports Action - from 5pm via the red button

Well that answers all my questions - cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Andrew Brandt saying on the Ross Tucker Podcast that he thinks Rosen may well be traded day two for a second or third round pick. I just don't see that. The guy had no protection last year on the worst team in the NFL, highly rated coming out of college and drafted early in first round last year. Can be a very serviceable starting QB on a rookie contract for next four years in the league. I would think there'll be more interested parties in him than drafting the likes of these 4th/5th best QB's who may go in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

VillaMad wrote: »

Wish they would show it on Mix for those of us who don't subscribe to the lot and get mix from Virgin esp when the times are mad and I'd be recording for watching next day while avoiding internet until I see it!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wish they would show it on Mix for those of us who don't subscribe to the lot and get mix from Virgin esp when the times are mad and I'd be recording for watching next day while avoiding internet until I see it!.

Is the draft really something people avoid the internet to watch the next day? If so, do they fast forward between picks or sit and wait it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is the draft really something people avoid the internet to watch the next day? If so, do they fast forward between picks or sit and wait it out?

Skip thru the ads but watch every minute of round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 would move thru it much quicker.

Advertisement