Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice over cancellation of policy

• 12-03-2019 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for some advice over an insurance companies threat to cancel my car insurance.

Basically, as it stands, the company has sent me a letter saying they are cancelling my insurance for failure to provide them with documentation. However, I have provided them with the documentation, and even have a copy of the proposal form with their stamp of receipt, from before the deadline. This was sent to me by one of their representatives, before their decision to cancel.

I've tried to speak with them, but they are refusing to enter into a discussion regarding the matter, and they have refused to give me details of either how to make a complaint, or how to appeal their decision.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,848 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Send them another copy of the documents they want, you don't want a cancelled insurance policy, and then consider what you want to do after. They have most likely lost the documents but you'll be the one who suffers if they cancel your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Waythrow123456

Del2005 wrote: »
    Send them another copy of the documents they want, you don't want a cancelled insurance policy, and then consider what you want to do after. They have most likely lost the documents but you'll be the one who suffers if they cancel your policy.

They have all the information they asked for. I even have a copy, with their stamp on it showing that all the information they asked for (signed proposal form, proof of no claims bonus, copy of drivers licences x 3) was received by the date they required.

I can send it again in 30 seconds via email, and can post it again to their offices. However,they are refusing to engage in any way in order to resolve the issue.

I agree that I don't want to have a policy cancellation on my record, as that would disasterous.

Advertisement