Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Page 90-110 of FIS Race regulations in case you want to check!

The big give away is 2 courses on one pitch, absolutely impossible with super g and as super g is one run unnesecarry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Fattes wrote: »
    See above the distance between gates is to small, the hill has two courses which is not possible with super G & highly ileagal on any race rules. Super G are run one course on a hill. the width of the fenced off area would have a TD cancel a super g before it started!

Oh and the length of the course is too short but don't let facts get on your way there.

Fattes, will you please just give it over with this nonsense- I don't see why you continually seek to create such animosity on this thread.

Please see race listing for Sat January 18th: http://tsv-kufstein.at/index.php/start-und-ergebnislisten

Super-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirkscup / PR*Super-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirkscup / PR*
    "Sat Jan 18th: Ski Club Bad Haring, Super-G, Soll Hexen6er"

EXACTLY as I'd posted.

Now. Toddle on.
    SA 18. JännerSuper-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirkscup / PR*0_Haken_ok.png-0_Haken_ok.pngSA 18. JännerSuper-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirksmeisters./ PR*0_Haken_ok.png-0_Haken_ok.png

SA 18. JännerSuper-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirkscup / PR*0_Haken_ok.png-0_Haken_ok.pngSA 18. JännerSuper-GSC Bad Häring (Söll-Hexen6er)Bezirksmeisters./ PR*0_Haken_ok.png-0_Haken_ok.png

fannymagee wrote: »

Please see race listing for Sat January 18th: http://tsv-kufstein.at/index.php/start-und-ergebnislisten

Sorry did the quote thing arss ways

Local races they can call them what they like, just like the ski club of iIreland run GS races that are not GS races.

A super G as defined by FIS has specific set criteria that the photo does not meet. HAPPY TO ACCEPT that they ran them as Super G BUT the reality is they are Super g in name only and would not meet the accepted definition or criteria for a standard regulation Super g

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

It's super super g race soll style!!.fattes leave it off will you .your little digs at soll and fanny Magee and I'm the snow king and know everything are starting to wear thin now.can u please leave the soll thread to soll,I and many others who have been to or are going to soll find this thread very usefull.ur constant dropping in and out of this thread and campaign against fanny Magee are obvious for all to see at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Snoozerface

Fattes I say this in the nicest possible way and with the up most respect, your posts and singling out Fannymagee is getting really annoying. You seem to only come on this thread to have a go at Fannymagee and it's getting boring. Your nonsense messed up the last thread, so if you have nothing about Soll or mildly positive to add please leave this thread alone, it a bunch of people who LOVE Soll and are enjoying the chat like nice grown ups. Sorry if that offends you its not my intention.

• Advertisement

Fattes I say this in the nicest possible way and with the up most respect, your posts and singling out Fannymagee is getting really annoying. You seem to only come on this thread to have a go at Fannymagee and it's getting boring. Your nonsense messed up the last thread, so if you have nothing about Soll or mildly positive to add please leave this thread alone, it a bunch of people who LOVE Soll and are enjoying the chat like nice grown ups. Sorry if that offends you its not my intention.

Here here

Here here

Thanks guys! I fully agree. That kind of constant nonsense on this thread gets really disheartening- I feel I have to be so careful about what I post, and even still I get these stupid accusations about ME "not letting the facts get in my way", when in fact the opposite is true.

Just to address the completely unfounded accusation the Fattes had just levelled at both me and the ski club, I'd like to make a few points about this. Fattes had absolutely no facts about the race before he posted that nonsense. If he'd bothered to ask or make any kind of positive engagement with the photo, it would be a different story. Basically, in the photo, you cannot clearly see the distance between the gates,(30-35m) you cannot see the full length of the course. Many of you will know the run under Hexen6er, the finish was down under the lift just in front of the StocklAlm. It had only one single set of gates on the course. Not sure why Fattes thinks there are 2 courses... The whole slope was closed off, and had mostly double fenced safety nets down almost all the length of each side. The only thing he says that is right is that it was not a FIS race. It was a Kufstein U14, U16 race, with some of the fastest boys/girls in the whole of the Tirol racing. The fastest time was 1min 3 secs, by one of the top Austrian U16's. So yes, wasn't a World Cup FIS Super-G, but it is still a Super-G!! Next time Fattes, check your own facts before you jump in and make a show of yourself.

Fanny Mc get yourself to Underground bar, grab a crock and don't give it another thought!! :)

Now, back to SOLL...

I'll be doing a snow dance next week.. ;)

Haha you are 100% correct! And hey why wait till next week- get that snow dance goin on NOW!! It'll be good for your knee, lol ;-)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! I fully agree. That kind of constant nonsense on this thread gets really disheartening- I feel I have to be so careful about what I post, and even still I get these stupid accusations about ME "not letting the facts get in my way", when in fact the opposite is true.

Just to address the completely unfounded accusation the Fattes had just levelled at both me and the ski club, I'd like to make a few points about this. Fattes had absolutely no facts about the race before he posted that nonsense. If he'd bothered to ask or make any kind of positive engagement with the photo, it would be a different story. Basically, in the photo, you cannot clearly see the distance between the gates,(30-35m) you cannot see the full length of the course. Many of you will know the run under Hexen6er, the finish was down under the lift just in front of the StocklAlm. It had only one single set of gates on the course. Not sure why Fattes thinks there are 2 courses... The whole slope was closed off, and had mostly double fenced safety nets down almost all the length of each side. The only thing he says that is right is that it was not a FIS race. It was a Kufstein U14, U16 race, with some of the fastest boys/girls in the whole of the Tirol racing. The fastest time was 1min 3 secs, by one of the top Austrian U16's. So yes, wasn't a World Cup FIS Super-G, but it is still a Super-G!! Next time Fattes, check your own facts before you jump in and make a show of yourself.

Just so you know I set thee GS & SL at the ski club!! The comments I levelled were as much against myself as anyone And it's not just them it's most snow sports centres in the UK AND Ireland are in they same boat.

It's not about World Cup standard it's about a defined standard for certain races types The distance and number of gates in shot is the key and the 2 courses on the hill which can be clearly seen.

Kids u18's and below ski a elongated GS course for super G with the addition of a set number of gates at the end. So in your response you have clarified my point about the distance it's 18-20 meters for U16 & u18 in all nations so my estimate if gate distance was pretty spot on.

There is a huge and I mean huge difference between a junior super G and the real deal.

Now back to topic

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Fattes wrote: »
    Just so you know I set thee GS & SL at the ski club!! The comments I levelled were as much against myself as anyone And it's not just them it's most snow sports centres in the UK AND Ireland are in they same boat.

It's not about World Cup standard it's about a defined standard for certain races types The distance and number of gates in shot is the key and the 2 courses on the hill which can be clearly seen.

Kids u18's and below ski a elongated GS course for super G with the addition of a set number of gates at the end. So in your response you have clarified my point about the distance it's 18-20 meters for U16 & u18 in all nations so my estimate if gate distance was pretty spot on.

There is a huge and I mean huge difference between a junior super G and the real deal.

Now back to topic

jog on

been online looking at Soll .. I have a gooooooooooooooooooooou for it now .... whats the forward forecast like coming up ?

I dunno D-Don, you might need to go out & have a few "lessons" in Kilternan first???!!

I dunno D-Don, you might need to go out & have a few "lessons" in Kilternan first???!!

nahhhhh its only a massive door matt stuck to a hill that place :D i'd rather sit beside a bonfire and smell melting plastic that way ahahaha.. although i might not be allowed there with blades ! lmao

Hahahaha well don't worry, we'll sort you out with whatever you need when you get here- blades welcome, lol!! Actually giz a shot of them, we can adjust the bindings at the lift... And have a schnapps, and even speed up the lifts for the laugh lol. Ya wanna go in a piste basher??! Let's DO THIS!!

Hahahaha well don't worry, we'll sort you out with whatever you need when you get here- blades welcome, lol!! Actually giz a shot of them, we can adjust the bindings at the lift... And have a schnapps, and even speed up the lifts for the laugh lol. Ya wanna go in a piste basher??! Let's DO THIS!!

:eek:you sure you can handle my babies ! ... ahahahaha....crank up the lift the faster i get off gondolas the better :( feckin hate them.. chair lifts are no bother though :D .... sounds like a mad ride i better wear me def leopard sweat band :p lmao

Get ready for this!! Cut to around 8.40 for the snow, my favourite bit is 10.15 ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKUUMmWc0k

lmfao 10:15 is what id do if i was dared with a few jemmi and cokes hahaha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

<mod>
    Stay on topic and don't get into arguments or there will be further bans.

Fattes temporarily banned.
    </mod>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

This thread is hilarious for all the wrong reasons..

Anyway keep the pics coming, they look great! I was in Soll 4 years ago and really enjoyed it.. Cant remember any of the restaurant names but food was lovely. We were a bit unlucky with the weather.. no fresh snow in a few week prior to our arrival but there is so much to cover we were kept busy!

Anyway keep the pics coming and hopefully ill get some stuff up when i'm away in Feb!

Ohh dearr...!! Ah it's a shame it had to come to that, but anyway. Onwards and upwards and all that!! Nice to know I can post the next pic without having to know the breed of donkey, angle of slope & temperature at time the pic was taken, lol!!

Looks like our friend is back on the slopes- still minus his skis, haha!! ;-)

image95.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

I think it was Soll on on of the slopes there is a cow shed right in the middle of it.. The smell when passing it every day was terrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Ohh dearr...!! Ah it's a shame it had to come to that, but anyway. Onwards and upwards and all that!! Nice to know I can post the next pic without having to know the breed of donkey, angle of slope & temperature at time the pic was taken, lol!!

Looks like our friend is back on the slopes- still minus his skis, haha!! ;-)

image95.jpg

I think it's a Provence Donkey :D

(I just googled that though, I have no interest/expertise in donkeys)

What's with all the donkeys in that neck of the woods by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fannymagee what is you do over there?? Are you running a business/working full time etc or just a seasonnaire living the life of Reilly making the rest of us jealous?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I think it was Soll on on of the slopes there is a cow shed right in the middle of it.. The smell when passing it every day was terrible!!

Yeah there's a good bang out of the 40 red on the way home, cow shed is on the left hand side along the way. Only ever done that run in the dark so haven't seen the cow shed!

It would seem that my Snow dance worked! I checked the webcams earlier.. LASHING SNOW!!! Now snow gods keep it up ..

Cormee it's the same donkey each time!! He should be renamed Houdini- he keeps escaping from the little farm under the Salvenmoos lift :-)

SpaceCowboy I'm not here full-time, but have managed to swing my work into a routine that gives me as much time in the mountains as possible. The OH is an instructor/trainer/guide here, so I get to hang out on the mountain while he's working, and he gets to kick my arse out of my comfort zone when he's not. And every now and then I come back to Dublin and pretend to do a bit of work ;-) So yes, I guess I'm living the life of Reilly, lol!! Doesn't always feel like that, but I'm certainly not complaining- this is a great place to come and just generally chill out, have fun and meet loads of great people.

Snoozerface good woman- you keep up that snowdancin, and here's a photo of the fruits of your labour!! Taken by a friend of the OH earlier today, so this isn't even the end result! (Anecdotal evidence obv.... but... wait!! There prob isn't going to be an inquisition over the regulation standards of the tape measure, lol!!)

Aaah, the peace around this thread today is great- long may it last ;-)

image98.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JNinja

Here Here ;-)

• Advertisement

Soo, there was so much snow yesterday that the OH (the big child) decided to go hell for leather on the off-piste. He has now fckd up another pair of skis, and will be on telemarks for the foreseeable. Ah well. At least he's alive, lol. And YAY!! Off-piste!! Long may it last ;)

Advertisement