Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Erasmus to UBC in Vancouver

• 30-12-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone, im heading to Vancouver on saturday for 5 months ant then doing a bit of travelling around the west coast of america before i come home!!was just wondering if anyone has ever been to the University of British Colombia or lived in and around vancouver???
    if so id appreciate any tips on places to visit and see, or general living tips which you might have found useful!?!cheers in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shantel22

I've lived in Vancouver, its pretty nice up there. There are lots of places to visit/see, can't think of any off the top of my head though frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I worked in UBC for 2 weeks a few years back. There are a few apt blocks on campus so might be worth a bit of investigation otherwise places like kitsalano are close to UBC and nice to live in.

if you're gonna travel around victoria on vancouver island is really nice, make sure you go to Whistler (is beautiful), Stanley Park in Vancouver is good to stroll around and if you can try and get to The Okanagan, its a desert in Canada (who'd a thunk it) though it is a bit of a trek.

hope this helps, i spent 5 months in vancouver and loved it.

Advertisement