Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will you wear a helmet?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

micko123; Last 3 holidays i have been on all the Irish on them have been wearing helmets!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Hey, I got a helmet the other day, picked one up in aldi for 25 quid so I know it's prob not the best, but I have smith I/o goggles and I find when their on the helmet that their really tight, is this normal??

Was just trying it with the goggles to see how they fitted as it's my first time wearing a helmet.. Got knocked out last year, not having a repeat incase I do damage next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I got the Aldi one too - it conforms to the European safety standard (CE EN 1077), so I'm sure it's ok. What I liked about it was the ears are relatively open (not closely covered over) so it doesn't cut out any noise. I'll probably wear it a few days - see how it feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GarMani

Hey, I got a helmet the other day, picked one up in aldi for 25 quid so I know it's prob not the best, but I have smith I/o goggles and I find when their on the helmet that their really tight, is this normal??

QUOTE]

The Aldi helmet has CE certification, but is not as comfortable as the Salomon one with a similar level of certification that I also bought.

Goggles should be adjustable, but many old goggles are not helmet compatible and will not adjust wide enough for a head plus a helmet. iSport.ie have lots of quality goggles at reduced prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

I only wear a helmet cause I mainly hit the jump parks when i go skiin i have a feeling im gona smack my head off a rail. When normal skiing i dont though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

hate the bloody things but after a concussion from coming off a rail the wrong way (with no helmet on of course), I'd be a bit stupid not to be wearing one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thread closed and new poll started here so we can see if peoples opinions have changed over time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement