Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK

A number of posts have been sanctioned although it could have been many more

Could everyone please re-read the warnings in the OP

Could I also re-emphasise - attack the post, not the poster

I understand people can get very emotional about this sort of thing. Regardless of that there is no reason this cannot be discussed in a civil manner. Yes there are people implying there is little to worry about. Equally there are some doom and gloom merchants in the thread. Despite appearances I actually think most posters are probably somewhere in the middle recognising this is serious, but at this stage not overly so in Ireland

Whatever your own views are please recognise others are entitled to different views., Even if at different extremes please do not try and repeatedly ram your views down the throats of those who have differing views

In due course we may well have a far better understanding of this virus, but at present I do not think anyone can claim anything approaching a full understanding, and as always we need to take information posted by anonymous internet posters with a pinch of salt

Any questions PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I do think the HSE should show a bit more urgency getting back to people at the very least.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Luxembourg now, will we get a prize for last European country https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1233840842323918848?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I started to develop withdrawal symptoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

eeepaulo wrote: »
    I started to develop withdrawal symptoms
    gp/hse time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I suggested a Coronavirus forum yesterday. I think there is too much going on at once in this thread and info gets buried and repeated a lot.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058057890

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Just looking at some of the photos on Twitter of empty supermarket shelves in Northern Italy. Maybe it’s a self fulfilling prophecy but having some extra food supplies at home doesn’t look like such an overreaction now.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I do think the HSE should show a bit more urgency getting back to people at the very least.

id imagine they are swarmed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

pc7 wrote: »
    Luxembourg now, will we get a prize for last European country https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1233840842323918848?s=21
    Nothing in Andorra yet.

Which leads me to my question. Would you still travel on a ski holiday with all this going on? Worried not only about myself but my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Anyone think trump sounded and looked a little rough? Under the weather maybe? Dunno, I only caught a glimpse but I wouldn't want to stand beside him on a packed dart kinda look to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

damianmcr wrote: »
    Nothing in Andorra yet.

Which leads me to my question. Would you still travel on a ski holiday with all this going on? Worried not only about myself but my family.

Antarctica, sure. The Alps, not so much...

Antarctica, sure. The Alps, not so much...
    Pyrenees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The real worry is probably not the virus but being trapped in a hotel for 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks of quarantine when you return home.

You would have to be very unlucky for it to happen in the accodation you picked though.

Cupatae wrote: »
    id imagine they are swarmed at the moment.

With what?

We have no confirmed cases in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Anyone think trump sounded and looked a little rough? Under the weather maybe? Dunno, I only caught a glimpse but I wouldn't want to stand beside him on a packed dart kinda look to him.

Yes, he did look a tad off colour.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Nothing in Andorra yet.

Honestly I’d be wary of getting stuck somewhere other than home at the minute. It’s moving so fast, Italy’s day 1 figures 14, today (day 8) over 1000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

tom1ie wrote: »
    So your telling me you’ve come from a virus hot spot, your showing symptoms, you’ve contacted H.S.E hotline, and they’re telling you to self isolate but haven’t taken you to a facility to check you for covid?
    Hmmmm are you serious or taking the piss? Or are the Hse just inept and negligent with regard to this.

I was in Cambodia for two weeks(5-19 feb) got a bad cut on my leg on the beach and a bad cut on my hand on the plane home. Also was in the town an infected cruise ship was quarantined in on the way to my destination and the island had loads and loads of chinese holiday makers. The island was basic beyond belief (Koh Rong if You’re nosey) but so was Cambodia every toilet an absolute sh!t show literally and figuratively (see attached pic) and two or three days after coming home (I’m home 9 days now) I got really sick with a flu and all the symptoms described. Worst being a grip on my chest and throat and shortness of breath and endless coughing. This is ongoing and comes and goes.
    But I don’t think it was the island but the endless flights and airports.
    Not taking the piss at all. Have called the HSE 4 or 5 times now and still awaiting a promised call back.
    Go figure.

Don’t open the pic if you’re eating. This was toilets generally over there. I have other pics if you don’t believe. Asia is screwed in this epidemic. Truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Runaways wrote: »
    I’m terrified too trying just to keep it optimistic. But I am baffled by their response. I kinda get and understand ‘self isolate and stay there’ is actually a great policy in theory to stop spreading.
    But it not fvckin helping me right now or the last few days. My family are all aware and checking up but
    If this gets worse an I get really sick I’d absolutely be having words with them later legally.

Have you contacted your Gp surely there is something they can do on your behalf all the advice i have heard is to contact them. If I was sick and had been in a high risk area id kick up a fuse to get some help. where were you exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Pyrenees

Hmm. I don't know the details of infection patterns in Northern Spain/Southern France. I'd be guessing that region is no riskier than anywhere else in continental Europe...

saabsaab wrote: »
    Yes, he did look a tad off colour.

What he did not look like he had been tangoed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

More sedated.

Honestly I’d be wary of getting stuck somewhere other than home at the minute. It’s moving so fast, Italy’s day 1 figures 14, today (day 8) over 1000
    This is the thing.

Im in a group. I cant be the only one worried can I? Do I be the first to say? I have to sooner or later as the health of family etc is more important than upsetting a few friends.

Ive not got a clue what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This Youtube channel has been very informative with good practical advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDYb_x54DM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Runaways wrote: »
    I’m terrified too trying just to keep it optimistic. But I am baffled by their response. I kinda get and understand ‘self isolate and stay there’ is actually a great policy in theory to stop spreading.
    But it not fvckin helping me right now or the last few days. My family are all aware and checking up but
    If this gets worse an I get really sick I’d absolutely be having words with them later legally.

Have you contacted your Gp surely there is something they can do on your behalf all the advice i have heard is to contact them. If I was sick and had been in a high risk area id kick up a fuse to get some help. where were you exactly ?

Don’t wanna derail the thread but I explained this just before your post. My doc just told me to call hse. They at first call then said call my doc

Yes seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

At this point shouldn't the HSE be asking the public to come forward for testing for coronavirus, why no reports, this is getting ridiculous and the WHO should be blasting Ireland for this lack of vigilance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

With what?

We have no confirmed cases in Ireland.

Prob people reporting they think they might have it? i somehow doubt they d be deliberately ignoring cases. Factor in our Heath care system does be stretched at the best of times.

Do what’s right for you and yours, we’re due to go to Paris for Paddy’s wend (for 6n), I think the match will be cancelled but not going to go. Can’t risk us getting quarantined in Paris away from the smallies. But that’s the decision that’s right for me.

Do what’s right for you and yours, we’re due to go to Paris for Paddy’s wend (for 6n), I think the match will be cancelled but not going to go. Can’t risk us getting quarantined in Paris away from the smallies. But that’s the decision that’s right for me.
    Cheers lad.

Cheers lad.

Lassie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Current countries in Europe (not the EU)

mcw5Zp6.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement