Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Too many loose ends that need to be tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Reckon Ashley is afraid to say he saw an "angel" on the bridge..they might think he's losing it.........:D

That was my thinking too, he's playing it so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well so much for watching the recordings.
    I was down in the Mater and they put emmerdale on in the ward!
    Did Rhona die?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I was down in the Mater and they put emmerdale on in the ward! Did Rhona die?
    No...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

maurv1 wrote: »

I don't think it springs forward. That scene at the end will occur again in a couple of weeks I imagine. Ross wasn't at the funeral but he features next week. The actor is heading off to climb Everest so he exits for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I was down in the Mater and they put emmerdale on in the ward!
    Did Rhona die?

Hah! Love it! There's every point in watching it now!

Sorry you're at the hospital though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

maurv1 wrote: »

I don't think it springs forward. That scene at the end will occur again in a couple of weeks I imagine. Ross wasn't at the funeral but he features next week. The actor is heading off to climb Everest so he exits for a while.

Ross was at the funeral. Did I not see him beside Finn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

HS3 wrote: »
    Hah! Love it! There's every point in watching it now!

Sorry you're at the hospital though!

I was only visiting :)

Anyone see Moira' choice of funeral attire!! Let's just say James had a great view from where he is, above in the clouds !!!

Anyone see Moira' choice of funeral attire!! Let's just say James had a great view from where he is, above in the clouds !!!
    Like 2 Zeppelins in a dead heat. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HS3 wrote: »
    Ross was at the funeral. Did I not see him beside Finn?

Ross was at the funeral

How the hell was Paddy up and about, pretty sure he was bleeding from side or back and passed out from loss of blood

Why was Pierce at James funeral?

No Cain or any other Dingles at hospital to see Aaron :confused:

I would have preferred James stayed alive even in a coma state and Rhona was killed off, injuries from Pierce moving her

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have preferred James stayed alive even in a coma state and Rhona was killed off, injuries from Pierce moving her

Here's the problem if Rhona is ever killed off, it would mean there's a good chance Cain would leave too. They're married in real life, and Jeff Hordley has said in the past it suits them both to stay in the show as long as they can, especially while their kids are young as it's solid work for both of them and because they're not in filming all the time it gives them a lot of time to spend with their children too.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Here's the problem if Rhona is ever killed off, it would mean there's a good chance Cain would leave too. They're married in real life, and Jeff Hordley has said in the past it suits them both to stay in the show as long as they can, especially while their kids are young as it's solid work for both of them and because they're not in filming all the time it gives them a lot of time to spend with their children too.

Wow, I never knew they were married!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I really hate that it was James, will his sons ever find out the real reason their dad is dead? That horrible sick twisted b1tch Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ross was at the funeral

How the hell was Paddy up and about, pretty sure he was bleeding from side or back and passed out from loss of blood

Why was Pierce at James funeral?

No Cain or any other Dingles at hospital to see Aaron :confused:

To be honest , I thought myself that Rhona might possibly die .

Just glad Aaron didn't though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I honestly thought they'd do the old switcheroo, where the 3 critical people would be ok and someone from the walked-away-without-a-bother would just suddenly collapse. My money was on Paddy until Aaron propose. I was convinced he'd just drop dead but no, they went with the obvious choice, James.

Emma killing Moira or Moira killing Emma, now that would have been a good shock twist with Ross the witness

Why in Gods name could they not just have kept shush that Charlie Stubbs was leaving??????? It would have made the death a lot better, impact wise. I thought they were making the great efforts they were in the media as to publicising his exit so as that it may be a red herring as to who the victim tonight was going to be.

I thought he may die in a few weeks maybe but someone else would be the death tonight.

A bit anti climatic in that sense. Lacked that big twist. Although they did the last scene well.

A few weeks isn't too much to keep quiet?

I would hate for the show to lose Jeff as Cain is a great character but I never viewed Rhona as a good legendary long term character and Jeff was on the show before his missus joined and when he did leave, he didn't do anything else which surprised me as Jeff is such a good actor, think he would be great in something along the lines of Ordinary Lies or The Accused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It was a pity that it was already well known that James would die. I thought for a few minutes last night that we were back to the good old days where someone would die unexpectedly - or indeed a number of them would be wiped out. I thought Rhona was a goner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I would hate for the show to lose Jeff as Cain is a great character but I never viewed Rhona as a good legendary long term character and Jeff was on the show before his missus joined and when he did leave, he didn't do anything else which surprised me as Jeff is such a good actor, think he would be great in something along the lines of Ordinary Lies or The Accused

If Cain leaves, I will have to stop watching. :D
    I agree, would hate to see the show lose him.

I didn't mind in the least when I thought briefly that Rhona was dead, even though I don't dislike her. I thought it would have been a good twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

With James dying its now a murder case, whereas anyone else would just have been an accident..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I use to love the character of Cain but I've become to really hate him. He's just comes across so pathetic especially when he's with Charity and he can never take responsibility for his own actions. I couldn't care less if he left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I am just catching up.But missed teh first part.Did Emma throw James over teh bridge.

Yes, she pushed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I kind of want Emma to turn into Miss Havisham. She has the wedding dress, she can just float around like a miserable ghost in her house. It's not as if she will ever be found out. I've a feeling they are going to let her get away with it, or drag it out until Ashley remembers which will probably be about the time he leaves next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

With Ashley seeing her,it wont make much difference.He is not a reliable witness.It will probably mean someone else seeing her.Like Ross as he wasnt in the hospital but in a car with some woman.

Well he could say he seen her in a blood stained wedding dress. He'll be laughed at, so to speak. Someone will find said wedding dress, other evidence found results him being hostage, the marks on his arms after being tied up, the fact he had no shoes on and his feet looked like they were dragged through all sorts. Things will eventually add up. And she will eventually have a breakdown, try to make a run for it with moses.

Christmas episode sorted. It won't be dragged out much further than that as Ashley is due to pass away in the spring and the truth will be revealed before that you would imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

In the real world there would have to be questions about James and where he came from i.e Pierce saying he didn't see anyone at the side of the road
    People wondering why James had no shoes on
    Why he was wearing a suit
    What he was doing out on his own without crutches
    Why his leg had broken a second time
    The car behind Ashley would surely have seen him falling onto Ashley's car

But this isn't the real world...I don't want poor Ashley to get the blame :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Kinda hoping Paddy would croak it tbh..when him and Marlon get together its painful....like a bad Laurel and Hardy,Cannon and Ball, Little and Large etc etc...Paddy's the fat one btw...:D

Advertisement