Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And John-Joe will disown Dee when he finds out

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Really good episode.
    Katy as I said before is an great actor.
    It was heartbreaking watching the scene between her and John Joe. He was great as well.
    The Andy story line wasn't great I thought.
    I have to go back and watch Tuesdays episode to see how Michelle ended up back in the flat.
    And why hasn't she called the guards yet?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Why were the Gardaí coming to get her though? I thought it would be a psyc team if anything.

Yeah I'm not sure why it was guards. I would have thought an ambulance of some sort as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Areas wrote: »
    Really good episode.
    Katy as I said before is an great actor.
    It was heartbreaking watching the scene between her and John Joe. He was great as well.
    The Andy story line wasn't great I thought.
    I have to go back and watch Tuesdays episode to see how Michelle ended up back in the flat.
    And why hasn't she called the guards yet?!?!

Mobile phone was taken away by Andy when he was in the car/van.
    Not sure there is a phone in the room she ended up in?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

There was some fantastic good bits in it.
    Those involved in the Kathy story-line really threw themselves into it.
    But because of the rushed nature of the need to tie up loose ends in the secondary story-lines - it all felt really rushed.They would have had plenty of time to spread it out a bit more, if they moved most of the Mo/Colm story-line more for next season.
    But instead there was a scramble to 'tie up' the Michelle/Andy/Jude/Briain/Sorcha storylines.

That's very true, a few years ago I would have said, surely there's a landline, but some houses don't bother getting landlines anymore.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Why were the Gardaí coming to get her though? I thought it would be a psyc team if anything.

Back-up I'd imagine

branie2 wrote: »
    Back-up I'd imagine

Yeah she was going a bit crazed, and as far as they were concerned attacked Dee for no reason.

branie2 wrote: »
    It was very dramatic!

Way more so than that original Gaslighting 1944 film that is for sure!

I am nearly at the end of season 1 (watching now and again on you tube).
    It seems to be really well written nothing outlandish, and the plots make sense.
    They should bring back Paddy great character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

They should bring back Paddy great character.

I remember Paddy. Jason's father, or not, as he later discovered.

The biggest mistake RNR ever made was killing off O' Dowd. He was brilliant.

Promo for Ros na Rún | back on 3rd September

Looking forward to tonight!

So am I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

wonder will they just pick up where they left off or just start "3 months later"?

julyjane wrote: »
    wonder will they just pick up where they left off or just start "3 months later"?

I doubt it this is RnR they are still dragging out the Mack/Kathy story for well over two seasons now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Historically, they have resumed where they left off (i.e. no time lapse). They may finish up that storyline and move on in a "fast forward", but, if memory serves, they usually carry on as if it's the next day or whatever.

Well that was enjoyable.
    It was honestly hard to find fault with it as an episode.
    Well acted with nice subtleties, well edited all the storylines tied in well - constant tension.
    They even managed to throw in Maire putting two and two together making five while gossiping - that the Daly's could be at fault for Jude's accident.
    The way Andy had to track down the car was well done as well.

Come on Mack! Listen to Katy!

I'd say Mack will smell a rat soon if he hasn't already. Look at how happy Dee is with Katy out of the picture, anyone else would be distraught at the thought of their sister going through a breakdown and being admitted

• Advertisement

I'd say Mack will smell a rat soon if he hasn't already. Look at how happy Dee is with Katy out of the picture, anyone else would be distraught at the thought of their sister going through a breakdown and being admitted

Yeah I thought it was great acting by Máirín de Buitléir (Dee) grinning like a Cheshire cat - bouncing around the place like she was in an advert for ladies sanitary products, or ladies shampoo.

Pól Ó Gríofa was great as well (Mack) had the subtle look on him like he knew something was up - as if someone robbed his pint in a bar. It requires assessment - was it accidental or on purpose?

I really want to see a showdown between Mack and Dee.
    I'd say for Mack it all makes sense with Jason moving to Dublin and why they never have contact with him anymore.

Oh wake up Mack!!

Andy was really angry

Really good episodes since coming back!

Can't wait for Dee to get her commupence!

Tadgh is starting to put two and two together

It's like one step forward, two steps back with the Katy storyline at this stage. They'll get another season finale out of it at this rate. How much more proof does Mack need??

How long more can Katy be kept in? I had a relative who suffered a severe mental breakdown and was admitted to a secure psychiatric unit and treated for a week or 2 before being moved to a less acute part of the unit which was just like any other hospital ward, he was free to walk in and out as he pleased. Once he appeared to be reasonably ok they couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. Dee can fool Johnjoe and Mack etc. but surely Katys doctors are speaking to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

I feel the acting & storylines in ros na run have deteriorated over the years

• Advertisement

Doblin wrote: »
    I feel the acting & storylines in ros na run have deteriorated over the years

Some of it was a bit ropey in the last few episodes alright.
    But the scene with Ceannfort Imelda O'Sé (Bríd Ní Chumhaill) and Andy Ó Neachtain (Stiofán Seoighe) redeemed it a bit.

At the same time they are really dragging it out, I am starting to wonder how much more mileage they will get out of the Kathy storyline?
    It is getting silly now.

Advertisement