Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just Applied

Options
  • 28-02-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I applied last week to the Public Appointments office. What sort of time line can I expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Hi there,well,honest answer is,how long is a piece of string.I started my application back in Feb 2012,eventually made the medical in May 2015,and was to start Training on Sept 2015,but that then got cancelled with a new date of Nov 2015,which also got cancelled.Been in limbo since.So,I've been in the process for 5 years now with my application.Be prepared for a long wait,unless you happen to be one of the lucky ones,and get through the process quickly.I haven't heard any word on a new Reserve Recruitment campaign,although word is that there will be 300 taken on this year.Just have to wait and see.I wish you good luck in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

How did you apply? There's no link to an application on the appointments page?
    Iv been months with my ear to the ground waiting for them to announce a recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

How did you apply? There's no link to an application on the appointments page?
    Iv been months with my ear to the ground waiting for them to announce a recruitment.

Does anyone know where to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Hi Topps,you need to go to Publicjobs.ie.Under Security/Emergency Services,look for Garda Reserve.Now I don't think Recruitment is open yet,but know that it will be opening in the coming weeks.You can log in,which will allow you to have set up an alert,when recruitment opens up with them for Garda Reserve,but just keep checking yourself anyway,in the event it doesn't alert you.Keep checking the Boards also,as someone here will probably put the info out.I wish you well in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sfahys

I had a copy of the application form saved as PDF. If it's not publically available maybe my application wasn't valid :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement