Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

spurshero wrote: »
    This house of frames show they put on at interval with current and former snooker players is absolute cringe stuff

Is this on Eurosport? Haven't seen it. In general I far prefer Eurosport compared to BBC, just no nonsense coverage.

It's not Hazel Irvine's fault or the pundits they have on BBC they are being told how to behave by those above them, but it all strikes me as if it is being done by Al Murray pub landlord.

How wonderful and historic everything is.

Kinda similar to ITV Racing which I just cannot stomach any more but luckily, like Eurosport for the snooker, there is Racing TV which again is just no nonsense quality coverage.

Also did ye hear that poor sod in the audience shouting "I'm gonna be sick, quick, quick I'm gonna be sick" about 20 minutes ago? Bit bizarre the ref didn't say/do anything I thought. They usually have a dominant attitude to the audience in the arena, or should have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't know if this has come up already but where is the old boy that sits in the front row with the Aussi flag tie and the blazer? Hope he's OK.

He's there alright. They mentioned him on the Eurosport commentary a few days back.

He didn't seem to be wearing his trademark blazer and Australian tie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

9-7 Judd, but it's still anybody's match.

This is a make-or-break session for Higgins tonight. He will need to up his game if he's to stand a chance of making an eighth world final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

tinpib wrote: »
    Is this on Eurosport? Haven't seen it. In general I far prefer Eurosport compared to BBC, just no nonsense coverage.

It's not Hazel Irvine's fault or the pundits they have on BBC they are being told how to behave by those above them, but it all strikes me as if it is being done by Al Murray pub landlord.

How wonderful and historic everything is.

Kinda similar to ITV Racing which I just cannot stomach any more but luckily, like Eurosport for the snooker, there is Racing TV which again is just no nonsense quality coverage.

Also did ye hear that poor sod in the audience shouting "I'm gonna be sick, quick, quick I'm gonna be sick" about 20 minutes ago? Bit bizarre the ref didn't say/do anything I thought. They usually have a dominant attitude to the audience in the arena, or should have anyway.

It's on BBC and Richard Osman hosts it with McManus, Hendry, K. Wilson and JV as 'contestants'.

It's very cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

9-7 Judd, but it's still anybody's match.

This is a make-or-break session for Higgins tonight. He will need to up his game if he's to stand a chance of making an eighth world final.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire if he performs poorly over the next 24 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Wonder what that guy said to the ref to get himself kicked out of the arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭This is it

Wonder what that guy said to the ref to get himself kicked out of the arena!

Missed that!

Anyone having issues with the sound on Eurosport? It's like they're flicking active noise cancellation on and off every so often, there's a horrible low level static at the moment. Driving me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

This is it wrote: »
    Missed that!

Anyone having issues with the sound on Eurosport? It's like they're flicking active noise cancellation on and off every so often, there's a horrible low level static at the moment. Driving me nuts.

Yep, v annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Higgins suffering out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Higgins looks finished here

• Advertisement

eric hoone wrote: »
    Higgins suffering out there

His head doesn’t seem in it at all, he couldn’t even work out how to get out of that simple snooker

Bit of JV there on Eurosport. What are they at :rolleyes:

What are Eurosport at?!

Dennis Taylor there?

Dennis Taylor there?

How did I get him and JV confused :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Good effort from Higgins to bring the reds off the cushions, bit unlucky with the result.

How did I get him and JV confused :D

Ha, I'm watching on Eurosport to get away from Dennis Taylor ... and then suddenly there he was. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I can’t watch it anymore. To see a player of Higgins quality fall to pieces like this is awful. Anyone who’s played snooker competitively knows exactly how he feels right now, I think that’s what makes it worse for me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Apparently the spectator told Marcel to **** off when he was warned over the phone.

Was there a cough just as John hit that!? Great shot to take the blue off anyway

• Advertisement

Black ball frame now.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Brian? wrote: »
    I can’t watch it anymore. To see a player of Higgins quality fall to pieces like this is awful. Anyone who’s played snooker competitively knows exactly how he feels right now, I think that’s what makes it worse for me.

I'm enjoying Higgins suffer (conscious that he may still win) because his competitiveness was proven to be for sale some time ago. I love the game, but I cannot ignore what a top player tried to do for 30 pieces of silver.

What an incredible double to win that frame!

Wow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Incredible finish, would be hard to see a way back if Higgins lost that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Holy bananas that was some shot.

He basically bet the outcome of a world semi-final on a double off the baulk cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Almost a case of double or quits

I'm enjoying Higgins suffer (conscious that he may still win) because his competitiveness was proven to be for sale some time ago. I love the game, but I cannot ignore what a top player tried to do for 30 pieces of silver.

He was cleared by an independent tribunal, time to get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

He was cleared by an independent tribunal, time to get over it.

Right

Advertisement