Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to improve CV?

• 15-04-2019 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am looking at returning to Ireland to work after teaching abroad for a number of years.

Can anyone advise as to what type of things principals look for on your CV?

I'm trying to figure out is there any professional development course/options I work on before I return home in the next couple of years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Anything that is helpful to management is a big thing. Leading// initiating / coordinating stuff like a student reward system/ involving the community/ whole school initiative etc...
    you should be well able to talk about discipline / methodologies etc from your own experience. So make sure you look at the new junior cycle and soon to be new senior cycle in your subjects. Wellbeing is a big thing now too, most teachers will soon have it on their timetable, experience or ideas for that would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Anything that is helpful to management is a big thing. Leading// initiating / coordinating stuff like a student reward system/ involving the community/ whole school initiative etc...
    you should be well able to talk about discipline / methodologies etc from your own experience. So make sure you look at the new junior cycle and soon to be new senior cycle in your subjects. Wellbeing is a big thing now too, most teachers will soon have it on their timetable, experience or ideas for that would be good too.

Thanks for response. The wellbeing thing is something that I would like to develop on as I enjoy that side of things. I was considering doing a course/post-grad in something along the lines of student counselor type stuff. Is this an important role/position in schools nowadays?

When I was younger we had a career guidance counselor but not a wellbeing/student issue counselor.

Advertisement