Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 IRC Postgraduate Scholarship

• 26-03-2019 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has applied for this programme and when the results are expected to be released?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PavlovsPuppies

c00lkat007 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has applied for this programme and when the results are expected to be released?

I've applied for the funding in the AHSS stream. Not word yet on when we will hear but it's supposed to be before the end of March so I would imagine it'll be in the next few days. Nerve-wracking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 deviari

Nerve-wracking indeed. They came out on March 27th last year at around 11 am...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pandora13

At this stage, whether good or bad news, I just want to know either way. The waiting game is the worst!!

Pandora13 wrote: »
    At this stage, whether good or bad news, I just want to know either way. The waiting game is the worst!!

Yeah true. Kind of starting to doubt that “end of March” prediction at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 c00lkat007

I feel like the results will be released by tomorrow, as it would really be shameful on their part to keep us waiting beyond this week as they had promised.
    The programme seems to be getting more and more competitive and I feel like it would be great if they made the process more transparent. I`ve heard that once you are on the 2nd stage, your chances of success increases to 50/50, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone in the STEM stream?

• Advertisement

c00lkat007 wrote: »
    I feel like the results will be released by tomorrow, as it would really be shameful on their part to keep us waiting beyond this week as they had promised.
    The programme seems to be getting more and more competitive and I feel like it would be great if they made the process more transparent. I`ve heard that once you are on the 2nd stage, your chances of success increases to 50/50, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone in the STEM stream?

I really hope it’ll be tomorrow, although they have been known to release results at the beginning of April so I wouldn’t hold my hopes too high.

Oh really? I thought that the top 40% progress to stage two, but either way I’ve got everything crossed!

I’m STEM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaHanke

I was really hoping we would get the result today, but as it is already after noon it's a bit unlikely, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pandora13

MaHanke wrote: »
    I was really hoping we would get the result today, but as it is already after noon it's a bit unlikely, no?

I'm still holding out hope results will be released at 2pm, but I agree, it's not looking good! :(

They came out at 11am last year and the “submitted applications” section of the site went down the evening beforehand.

I’m dying to get that email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tomhed_94

Also waiting in the Arts & Humanities stream... every email gives me a minor heart attack! Feeling like it will be next week :( You'd think they would at least let us know if something has delayed them until next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dco_1987

Good luck to all applicants this year. The wait is horrendous but no matter the outcome, don't doubt the value of your research. I truly believe that it can be luck of the draw and that much more investment is needed for research in Ireland. Fingers crossed for everyone who has applied. If you are not successful, make sure you apply for any upcoming internal funding opportunities (college based) and keep an eye out for affiliated organisations who match your research. Sometimes they offer bursaries etc. **Sending positive vibes <3

Results seem to be up for some. An email has been sent. I’ve not yet heard anything but a friend has. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jdivision123

I am on the AHSS reserve list Good luck all and congrats to those who get awards today! I will move on now :(

I am on the reserve list by one point (those who scored 89.5 to 92 were placed on reserve). Do note that I am an international student, so I am on a different category as only 10% of the scholarships go to international students

Good luck all and congrats to those who get awards today! I will move on now :(

Can I ask if you’re AHSS or STEM? I wouldn’t be too discouraged yet, I saw disappointed students offered places after conditional offers were rejected last year.

AHSS, sorry, forgot to edit my post on time!

AHSS, sorry, forgot to edit my post on time!

Being placed on a reserve list with a score of 92 is crazy, it’s so competitive :(

Yeah I know :( I will take solace on doing well enough to make it this far. And good luck to those who are still to get their results!

Yeah I know :( I will take solace on doing well enough to make it this far. And good luck to those who are still to get their results!

Thank you :( the wait is killing, I wish it was a generic ‘check the status of your application’ email...

I'm also in the AHSS and haven't heard anything. Is the submitted application page down for you all? It's's still up for me.

I'm also in the AHSS and haven't heard anything. Is the submitted application page down for you all? It's's still up for me.

The submitted application part didn’t go down for a friend who was emiled about an hour ago, so that bug must be fixed! Waiting very very impatiently...

Any word of unsuccessful emails or conditional offers from anyone? Not sure how they’re releasing the results but for the first round the unsuccessful applicants were informed a week in advance of the applicants that progressed through to the second round.

• Advertisement

Yeah a friend of mine didn't make it out of the firs round and was informed a few days ahead of me, but it would really suck if they made us wait any longer...

So I haven't gotten an email but got notified on the portal! They must be doing it in batches!

I just keep refreshing the page, hoping it'll pop up. I'm going to try to distract myself for the afternoon until I hear. Good luck everyone.

tomhed_94 wrote: »
    So I haven't gotten an email but got notified on the portal! They must be doing it in batches!

How do you mean notified on the portal? :eek:
    My nerves...

The status of mine changed to conditional award, so not a notification, but I just opened the submitted application page and it had changed! Still no email though!

tomhed_94 wrote: »
    The status of mine changed to conditional award, so not a notification, but I just opened the submitted application page and it had changed! Still no email though!

Aw well done! I’ve still got no email and my application is still under assessment :(

Just got the email. I have a conditional award in the AHSS stream with a score of 88.

Good luck to everyone else.

Scored 89 in the AHSS and have a conditional award. Congrats to those who got it and really sorry if you din't make it. E-mail came about twenty minutes ago.

Scored 89 in the AHSS and have a conditional award. Congrats to those who got it and really sorry if you din't make it. E-mail came about twenty minutes ago.

Conditional awards all around for ye, well done! Make sure ye celebrate tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hoggy159

Howayas lads,

Got a reserve place there on the STEM applications.

Can anyone tell me what the story is about deadlines for accepting your conditional offers or if there is one at all?

Well done as well to the successful lads

Advertisement