Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon deliveries being dumped in garden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

irishgeo wrote: »
    Does your postman cycle.
    :) nah
    They are brutal around here no delivery attempts at all (small packets or parcels)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Well a postman is hardly going to deliver a big amazon parcel on his bike.
    I'd rather it was safe in a depot than dumped in my garden. Regardless of who the courier is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

An post have an obligation to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

This is why I only use Amazon if there is either a price difference that makes the purchase worthwhile or the product is simply unavailable in either a local or Dublin store.

Going into the store in Dublin isnt possible for everyone of course but, when its an option, it is sometimes a better option. Tower Records often have Cd's and DVD's priced competitively especially when people use parcel motel as amazon often split orders leaving multiple parcel motel costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Amazon,please stop using Fastway.They do the same with commercial deliveries i.e. drop a box,envelope,parcel wherever it's convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

i see it all the time everyday.parcels left on the doorstep waiting to be robbed and the one name thats on all of them is FASTWAY.I would think the contents would be expensive enough,so much so they should definitely be signed for not just left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭elperello

An post have an obligation to deliver.

They are obliged to attempt delivery.
    If you are not in you will have to collect at a post office or depot.
    The upside of this is they will not dump it in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

listermint wrote: »
    Very poor experience with fast way. Our guy keeps leaving packages 5k up the road on a local filling station despite us telling him everytime not to. And the filling station owner also tellint him not do.

He's a lazy prick basically

Is this in Cork by any chance? I was in a filling station locally where I'm not really known but by chance a member of staff approached me about a parcel that was left for me 2 weeks previous! Jesus that's scandalous behaviour....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

orders stuff on the 12. tracking told me it was delivered on wednessday the 23. noone rang and no sign of the pckage. i think its i parcel delivering.

Well a postman is hardly going to deliver a big amazon parcel on his bike.
    I'd rather it was safe in a depot than dumped in my garden. Regardless of who the courier is

Post people around here are in vans.
    EVERY single parcel I have ordered via MAzon that is passed to An Post has never had an attempted delivery despite text notifications that it's on a van (it's not)
    Packets the size or slightly larger than an envelope never make it either - go to depot (incurring time and cost for me, the customer)

• Advertisement

beachhead wrote: »
    Amazon,please stop using Fastway.They do the same with commercial deliveries i.e. drop a box,envelope,parcel wherever it's convenient.

Amazon, please stop using AnPost (or at least give me the choice)
    I have sent complaints to Amz and AP to no avail.

elperello wrote: »
    They are obliged to attempt delivery.
    If you are not in you will have to collect at a post office or depot.
    The upside of this is they will not dump it in the garden.

Attempt twice apparently (didn't know this till this thread)
    They never attempt delivery for me, I must be special or Fonthill is badly run.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Post people around here are in vans.
    EVERY single parcel I have ordered via MAzon that is passed to An Post has never had an attempted delivery despite text notifications that it's on a van (it's not)
    Packets the size or slightly larger than an envelope never make it either - go to depot (incurring time and cost for me, the customer)

I always get a text from An Post regarding intending delivery.

So if you are at work all day Monday-Friday, when do you expect An Post to deliver it to you? Do you think they should keep trying to deliver ad nauseum until through some chance you are at home? How long before the van becomes a lorry in that case, if they have to bring every undelivered package on their round every day?

If you are in a city, postmen are on bikes. It is simply unreasonable to expect them to bring bulky packages with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

If you are in a city, postmen are on bikes. It is simply unreasonable to expect them to bring bulky packages with them.
    An post are obligated to deliver all your post. It is not my problem if the postman is on a bike. I still want my packages brought to my door. I am not going to a delivery office every time I get something big because AP can't be arsed to deliver it.

I always get a text from An Post regarding intending delivery.

So if you are at work all day Monday-Friday, when do you expect An Post to deliver it to you? Do you think they should keep trying to deliver ad nauseum until through some chance you are at home? How long before the van becomes a lorry in that case, if they have to bring every undelivered package on their round every day?

Obviously I am posting my experience including the fact I am at home.
    It would be rather foolish to complain if I am in work or away from home now wouldn't it?

I am in Dublin, small packets the size and weight of an envelope containing a few pages are never attempted to be delivered.

Any large sized parcel is texted that is out for delivery that day yet never arrives (I am in)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I am lucky. The postman comes along early on the bike with letters and small packages.

The bigger stuff seems to arrive in a later in tbe day. Thry should have kept the separate parcel section. Its name i foget but they killed it too early before the online shopping took off.

A few amazon lockers would be great. They have a deal with the post offices in the North wish they would do one with an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

jimd2 wrote: »
    This is why I only use Amazon if there is either a price difference that makes the purchase worthwhile or the product is simply unavailable in either a local or Dublin store.

Going into the store in Dublin isnt possible for everyone of course but, when its an option, it is sometimes a better option. Tower Records often have Cd's and DVD's priced competitively especially when people use parcel motel as amazon often split orders leaving multiple parcel motel costs.

I had an order recently, 4 x air fresheners £3 each, and 2 other items, so 6 in total....amazon sent every single item including the 4 air fresheners separately!! I contacted amazon to be told they might all be from different fulfillment centers or some such nonsense, I told them they’d need to pay the extra addresspal charge for being so stupid so they credited me the extra!

You just need to rake the time to complain and the companies will eventually get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

i see it all the time everyday.parcels left on the doorstep waiting to be robbed and the one name thats on all of them is FASTWAY.I would think the contents would be expensive enough,so much so they should definitely be signed for not just left there.

They do get signed for..... By the driver he does his best attempt at your signature.
    It has happened a few times to me and you try and raise your concerns with fastway as they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I had an order recently, 4 x air fresheners £3 each, and 2 other items, so 6 in total....amazon sent every single item including the 4 air fresheners separately!! I contacted amazon to be told they might all be from different fulfillment centers or some such nonsense, I told them they’d need to pay the extra addresspal charge for being so stupid so they credited me the extra!

You just need to rake the time to complain and the companies will eventually get the message.

no they won't, amazon are unique and they simply don't care if they dispatch from multiple locations; they obviously have their costs nailed down for transport and their fulfilment centres placed accordingly, which due to their volumes means they pay less to send more, they will credit you for the smallest issue as its no big deal for them, I couldn't list one other company that would do that for you because they likely will consolidate before sending it, amazon are a unique beast entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Obviously I am posting my experience including the fact I am at home.
    It would be rather foolish to complain if I am in work or away from home now wouldn't it?

I am in Dublin, small packets the size and weight of an envelope containing a few pages are never attempted to be delivered.

Any large sized parcel is texted that is out for delivery that day yet never arrives (I am in)
    So that's your normal postie and the van delivery both not delivering to you. Seems very odd.
    Have you spoken to them about it in the depot?

I had a new postie before xmas who thought the green bin and the letterbox were equivalent. Had a word in the depot and hasn't happened again.

• Advertisement

wench wrote: »
    So that's your normal postie and the van delivery both not delivering to you. Seems very odd.
    Have you spoken to them about it in the depot?

I had a new postie before xmas who thought the green bin and the letterbox were equivalent. Had a word in the depot and hasn't happened again.

Yep, letters no problem.
    Have made an enquiry/complaint but heard nothing back but acknowledgment of the enquiry/complaint.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Only a very foolish person thinkd everything amazon sells is stocked in the one fulfillment centre.

Amazon commonly ship items separately for this reason, it's not nonsense its the reality of things.

If you get multiply AddressPal charges that's your fault, not amazon's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

No, if Amazon state that your parcels are being delivered by An Post then that is who will deliver your parcels. There should be no change.
    How do you know that ? I have had Amazon Orders telling me DHL were delivering and then AnPost show up with it , How do you know AnPost don't have a similar deal with Fastway for some routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Cabaal wrote: »
    Only a very foolish person thinkd everything amazon sells is stocked in the one fulfillment centre.

Amazon commonly ship items separately for this reason, it's not nonsense its the reality of things.

I ordered an Item for the less than £10 and it was sent from Italy - It was not a 3rd Party Seller , Item was sold and shipped by Amazon.

Steady on!

I was merely saying I found it foolish that four identical items not much bigger than a match box were coining in four separate deliveries, with four separate postage charges and four separate sets of packaging and four times the addresspal charge for me.

Why is it my fault, I merely ordered and paid for the stuff.

Why so aggressive?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Steady on!

I was merely saying I found it foolish that four identical items not much bigger than a match box were coining in four separate deliveries, with four separate postage charges and four separate sets of packaging and four times the addresspal charge for me.

Why is it my fault, I merely ordered and paid for the stuff.

Why so aggressive?

Aggressive?
    You have a very thin skin.

It's your fault as you are expecting amazon to cover charges from your decision to contract a third party freight forwarding service. Amazon make it clear its your job to pay such charges on their help pages.

Have you even read their help pages?

Aggressive?
    You have a very thin skin.

It's your fault as you are expecting amazon to cover charges from your decision to contract a third party freight forwarding service. Amazon make it clear its your job to pay such charges on their help pages.

Have you even read their help pages?

So you only pick on one thing I said.

You haven’t even commented on the ridiculous wasteful practice of having identical small items in more than one place.

Funny then that amazon were more than willing to give me the cost of the addresspal in the form of a refund not even a gift certificate.

So you only pick on one thing I said.

You haven’t even commented on the ridiculous wasteful practice of having identical small items in more than one place.

Funny then that amazon were more than willing to give me the cost of the addresspal in the form of a refund not even a gift certificate.

So you've not read the help pages clearly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910550

If you were given anything it was in error and the agent likely got a talking to about it.

I see you are back to wanting amazon to stock everything they sell all in the one fulfilment centre again. I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain how flawed that is and how it simply cannot and won't happen.
    :rolleyes:

So you've not read the help pages clearly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910550

If you were given anything it was in error and the agent likely got a talking to about it.

I see you are back to wanting amazon to stock everything they sell all in the one fulfilment centre again. I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain how flawed that is and how it simply cannot and won't happen.
    :rolleyes:

I can’t see a direct reference to my issue on the link you provided.

So you’d think it ok to go into a shop advertising something as in stock to be then told it has to come four different locations?

I never said I expect them to hold stock in one place, it just doesn’t make sense to me that they then have to pay four shipping costs and four packaging costs, surely it ends up costing them money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

TimHorton wrote: »
    How do you know that ? I have had Amazon Orders telling me DHL were delivering and then AnPost show up with it , How do you know AnPost don't have a similar deal with Fastway for some routes.

DHL have multiple arms/divisions, ie. DHL Paket will route through into An Post, whereas DHL Express is couriered direct to your door by the guys/gals in the yellow and red vans.

Advertisement