Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I hope gouken has had enough time after sf3 to come back to the life for this version. If he hasn't I'm gonna suicide bomb capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah I dunno about punishing people who are good at blocking. If you're not able to break someone down, with all the various tools SF tends to provide, then I dunno why you should be rewarded...

That said, it's possible that's an evolution of focus, might have specific guard break moves or something, not off a meter, or might be an evolution of guard break the same way focus is kind of an evolution of parry.

I definitely agree, the way I see it is, the fact that you are pressuring someone and forcing them into a defensive position and making them block, is punishment enough for the person who is being bullied :) In CVS2 a lot of characters benefited way more from guard crush than did others, sagat, vega and blanka come to mind (I could be wrong on those characters, I don't know much about high level CVS2!) , so it is a kind of an iffy game mechanic. It can work if done right though, who knows what to expect.

Exciting to see how the game unfolds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It looks like Ryu and Chun both have installs of some sort. Maybe guard break is only available after you've installed or popped x-factor or whatever it.

It also looks like the install effect on Ryu vanishes after he supers, so maybe there's something like you can only do supers after an install? Or it converts a super into an ultra while installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

rWT7F8O.png

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ramza wrote: »

New console + new stick + game + PSN membership....ughh FU capcom, that's about 500+ euro easily...

You could easily upgrade your existing PC to run the game for less then that (assuming it can't already), just sayin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

We may all need to get PS4 sticks if we want to go to casuals and tournaments. Community may need to start investing in PS4's as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Has Tiger mask worn all of those? Top one is Blue Demons mask.

No. Common opinion is that Ono is trolling us about El Fuerte making the SF5 roster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A long way to go before release but there is a SFxT off this which I'm not mad about.

Obviously no Xbox version is a total balls but if I'm going to shell out money to play, it'll be a PC I'll be buying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    it'll be a PC I'll be buying.

A wise choice.

Azza wrote: »
    We may all need to get PS4 sticks if we want to go to casuals and tournaments. Community may need to start investing in PS4's as well.

Get retweeting these and poke Ono into getting PS3 stick support into SFV.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/541798166048145410

https://twitter.com/SkullgirlsJP/status/541800616863887361

EDIT: Or just read this thing and poke Ono with the #PS3SitcksForSF5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    No. Common opinion is that Ono is trolling us about El Fuerte making the SF5 roster.

I'm just talking about the actual lucha masks, not really bothered with whatever Ono is trolling about. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Gimme Birdie, Alex and Sean Ono-senpai~ :3

The special effects on that gameplay video are giving me seizures, hopefully they'll tone those down. I'm not a fan of gritty environment with flashy colours but hey, maybe it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Hoping for urien to make a return

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Thinking about jumping on the bandwagon for this along with MKX and the new ****ty looking Tekken.

How do people feel about what looks like SFxT combo system?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone got an opinion on the Alienware Alpha PC/Console things?

Any use or would I be better off getting a proper PC?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just get the boardsies to help you make one :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

How do people feel about what looks like SFxT combo system?

We dont mention SFXT around these parts

It never happened.

Anyone got an opinion on the Alienware Alpha PC/Console things?

Any use or would I be better off getting a proper PC?
    http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/alienware-alpha/
    Looks half-baked.

Some interesting speculation from the CEO of Lab Zero:
    Ravidrath wrote:
    No plans for [Skullgirls to have crossplay between PS4 and PC like Street Fighter 5].

Going to ask Sony about it, but I assume that this is only possible because Capcom is rolling its own servers and matchmaking. And that's not something we have money for. That would likely be a big factor in the exclusivity, too, since MS has always been reticent to let games connect to devices outside of their walled garden.

If the things we're hearing are true, SFV is going to cost a staggering amount of money to develop. So I would not be surprised if the monetization for SFV is something akin to a Call of Duty Elite-style subscription service to help recoup that.

This is entirely speculation on my part, but I think it would make a lot of sense. It's a model that the hardcore have demonstrated they're OK with, unlike microtransactions and other "pay to win" things.

How would y'all feel about a subscription service to "Elite" stuff like CoD did for a while? Elite basically let you track stats across various games and gave free DLC to subscribers before it was available for everyone else to buy. The service was canned in CoDBLOps 2 and converted to a free system without the DLC bit.

The arcade setup for SF4 (and most arcade games) actually already has this system in play in Japan. You buy a game account card and swipe it when you put a credit into the machine, it'll load your profile up which has all your taunt, color, costume, etc unlocks and preferences set. You can configure all this information from a smart phone and also check all your W/L ratios and other info.

I could totally see a system in place that works similar to Season Passes do at the moment: Pay a monthly fee and you get access to all DLC for free while you're subscribed, along with whatever other nonsense they want to lock out of the regular user experience.

PS4 + new stick + PSN + SF:V elite?

Feck it, still cheaper than a plane ticket to Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Maybe it could have a ranking system unique to this ' Elite ' subscriber service that is similar to the ranking system we've seen in countless Japanese AE / Ultra Arcade Cab videos while still retaining a casual ranking system.

Basically Championship mode.

As an aside, I'd have no problem with paying a subscription for access to an ' Elite ' version of SF V. As long as it doesn't effect offline tournaments than I'm cool with it ( That said, they could possibly do a system where stats are saved in case PSN / Steam is offline / Inaccessible and then the stats are uploaded when you reconnect. )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Splitting the online playerbase like that doesn't seem like a good idea.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Ono has already come out and said the game won't be free to play. But I suppose that still leaves the possibility of a subscription based service.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Splitting the online playerbase like that doesn't seem like a good idea.
    I'm not sure how it's splitting the playerbase - PC & PS4 can play together, and if you're a SF fan you don't have to worry about missing out on all the top players being on a different platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

wygzts.gif

Big ol' green gem in the forehead, eh?

Charlie_Street-Fighter-5-720x405.jpg

sfiii3s_portgill.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gems confirmed. I'm so hype right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

No guard break on show last night.

I reckon we'll see something like ISM's make a return and you'll be able to pick what mechanics you want.

So we know about guard break and revenge; I assume parries/focuses will be next?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Yreval wrote: »
    wygzts.gif

And people were saying it looked like SFV would have a slightly more serious tone than SFIV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Looks nice but it somehow has even laggier normals than sfxt

Advertisement