Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pat
    I’ll take 10ml of Mancera and 10ml of at the barbers
    Thanks

Out of both I'm afraid!

As well as the stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 17/4/2019:

Amouage - Lyric Man: 30ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 reduced to €20 / €55 for 10 / 30ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New fragrances**

TOM FORD
    375x500.35575.jpg
    Neroli Portofino Forte *in hand*
    Super clean and super polished, Neroli Portofino is one of the biggest sellers of Tom Ford's Private Blend line. This Forte version is the original's (newer) bigger brother - it's stronger and more concentrated than the original. The scent itself is doubtless similar, but most agree that this version is a bit greener and deeper, and perhaps a bit more seasonally versatile than the original's summer - only pitch. Naturally, it's costlier than the original, at an RRP of €245 for a 50ml bottle.
    €61 / 25ml, or €111 / 50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    375x500.899.jpg
    Virgin Island Water *on the way*
    One of the ultimate summer fragrances, this unisex scent is like a beach party in a bottle - its coconut and lime air gives it a rather pina colada-esque aroma. RRP €180 / 50ml.
    €77 for 50ml. 4 slots left.

Recent stuff

CREED
    472204.jpg

Aventus for Her (women) – *in hand*
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml or €274 / 75ml.
    €93 / 50ml. ~5 left.

LES SENTEURS GOURMANDES
    474213.png
    Vanille Noire & Incense Oud double pack *coming soon*
    I previously did a double pack of other fragrances from this house which was well received. Time for more! Both of these are well reviewed.
    Incense Oud - looks like a "what it says on the tin" situation!
    Vanille Noire - this house do loads of different vanillas, but this looks a bit different to most - vanilla (of course), but given added 'pop' by pink pepper and cloves.
    €16 for 2 x 10ml. Excellent value for money.

THE DIFFERENT COMPANY
    sel-de-vetiver-the-different-company.jpg
    Sel de Vetiver *in hand*
    Salty vetiver, a bit like Sel Marin mixed with Guerlain Vetiver. "Crisp, gentle, salty, green, fresh. Works in every scenario - great versatility" (Fragrantica). RRP €110 / 50ml.
    €15.50 / 10ml, €44.50 / 30ml or €62 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original (refillable) heavy 100ml crystal bottle and box complete with funnel and pouch.

Ongoing stuff

CREED
    472207.jpg

Aventus *in hand*
    €81 / 50ml.
    Several bottles left.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED *open split*
    €77 / 50ml.
    New split. ETA ~1 month (ish).

Been stuck painting all weekend - house turned upside down! Upshot is I finally arranged a display of sorts of some decanters:

478359.jpg

Virgin Island Water second split: this is taking a bit longer to reach me - looks like Wednesday at the earliest - so splits of this will go out next week. Four bottles left BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Hi Padraig,

Could I order 25ml Portofino and 50ml Creed Aventus (him) please?

Thanks.

Sean.

Slimity wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

Could I order 25ml Portofino and 50ml Creed Aventus (him) please?

Thanks.

Sean.

Sure can! PM coming your way.

Virgin Island Water (2nd split) peeps: I'm still trying to get details but it seems that the DPD depot in Belfast might be smelling really good at the moment!:(:eek: I'll be in contact when I know more re replacements etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just another Pat is great appreciation post :p Order was packaged perfect as usual , this is my 5th order I think. Pat went above and beyond to make sure it went smoothly so that I could get my order during the short time I was back in Ireland.

I'll be walking the streets of Toronto smelling like a pina colada thanks to him:D

Time to start checking down the side of the couch for coins folks! Tom Ford's next fragrance seems to be....... Tuscan Leather Intense! Judging by previous 'Intense' entries, I'd be expecting a retail of €245 / 50ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Time to start checking down the side of the couch for coins folks! Tom Ford's next fragrance seems to be....... Tuscan Leather Intense! Judging by previous 'Intense' entries, I'd be expecting a retail of €245 / 50ml.

Are you planning on splitting that one?

DBIreland wrote: »
    Are you planning on splitting that one?

Damn straight I am! Likely to be a good while though yet so won't take names at this stage. IME TF only release the 50ml bottles alone for a while, and add the 250ml ones later.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Hi Padraig

Wondering if you still have one of the 10ml Sel de Vetiver in hand? Would love to avail of 1 if you do.

Cheers,
    Dan

• Advertisement

dan185 wrote: »
    Hi Padraig

Wondering if you still have one of the 10ml Sel de Vetiver in hand? Would love to avail of 1 if you do.

Cheers,
    Dan

Sure, no problem. Will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oh God TL Intense.

How much can you get for a kidney these days? :pac::pac::pac:

BTW thanks again for a great package & delivery! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yahowho

Hi Padraig,

Can you put my name down for 25ml Portofino, 50ml Creed aventus (him), 50ml Virgin Island Water, Vanille Noire & Incense Oud double pack & 10ml Sel de Vetiver if available

Thanks

J

yahowho wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

Can you put my name down for 25ml Portofino, 50ml Creed aventus (him), 50ml Virgin Island Water, Vanille Noire & Incense Oud double pack & 10ml Sel de Vetiver if available

Thanks

J

No problem.

It's funny. The Sel de Vetiver has been languishing unloved so I decided to drop the price with the new summer list of stuff due out next week. Then, three people look for it in a couple of days! Anyway, everyone's getting it for the lower price, which is now €13.50/40.50/55 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml with nice box and heavy glass bottle which could double as an improvised weapon! 50ml left.

If anyone's interested in Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Forte, now's time to make the call - I've only got 25ml left (@ €61).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat, I'll take the 50ml Sel de Vetiver in orginal weaponised bottle.

and 50ml Virgin Island Water (if available)

Cheers
    D
    No problem.

It's funny. The Sel de Vetiver has been languishing unloved so I decided to drop the price with the new summer list of stuff due out next week. Then, three people look for it in a couple of days! Anyway, everyone's getting it for the lower price, which is now €13.50/40.50/55 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml with nice box and heavy glass bottle which could double as an improvised weapon! 50ml left.

If anyone's interested in Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Forte, now's time to make the call - I've only got 25ml left (@ €61).

List of new summery stuff gone out to previous splitees (is that a word?) today - check yer Junk if you don't see it. Will be putting them up here in a few days once I sort all the tagging etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Bergamot Soleil !
    I'll send thru my order soon Pat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

List of new summery stuff gone out to previous splitees (is that a word?) today - check yer Junk if you don't see it. Will be putting them up here in a few days once I sort all the tagging etc.

HYPE!! Yay can't wait

I'm out of the country Thurs and most of Fri, and then off up the country until Monday - please excuse any delayed responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭foxirl

I'll take the Neroli Portofino Forte. Just dropped you an email about it.

• Advertisement

foxirl wrote: »
    I'll take the Neroli Portofino Forte. Just dropped you an email about it.

That's actually gone sorry foxirl. Have a major update on the list to do when I get back - hopefully by tomorrow.

Updated 7/5/19 :

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 7/5/2019:

Creed - Aventus: a few 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: four 50ml left @ €93 each.
    Mancera - Soleil d'Italie: one 10ml left @ €15.
    Senteurs Gourmandes – Twin pack with 10ml each of Vanilla Noir and Incense Oud (both really good): three left @ €16 per pair.
    Tom Ford - Cafe Rose: 10ml in official refillable Tom Ford Private Blend atomizer (with box and funnel). €27.50 - one only!

**New fragrances**

TOM FORD
    375x500.1826.jpg
    Oud Wood *coming very soon*
    Elegant and clean, this is a masculine leaning unisex, and one of the most popular of Tom Ford’s Private Blends. RRP €120 / 30ml.
    €54.50 / 25ml, or €99 / 50ml. 50ml available.

ARMANI / PRIVE
    375x500.2698.jpg
    Vetiver d'Hiver *in hand*
    “Winter vetiver” – perhaps the most inaccurate name in fragrance history given that this is neither wintery, or especially vetiver-y. Instead, we get a classy citrus fragrance, ideal for summer use and completely unisex. This is from Armani’s upscale Prive line which would be in a similar market segment to Tom Ford’s Private Blends. RRP €70 / 30ml.
    €37.50 for 25ml, or €64 for 50ml.

ACQUA DI PARMA
    375x500.1681.jpg
    Colonia *in hand*
    A stone cold classic, this cologne has been in production for over a hundred years. Clean soapy citrus, drying down to sweet wood. As an eau de cologne don’t expect all day performance, but at this price, why not re-apply? RRP €79 / 50ml.
    €30 for 30ml. Bottled and ready to go.

XERJOFF
    375x500.10244.jpg
    Shooting Stars: Nio *available June*
    Xerjoff are the masters of citrus, and this is their top of the line in that field, so expect something really good - this juice has near legendary status. Price is 'not cheap', but this actually a cracking deal bearing in mind the RRP of €240 / 50ml (~€280 in the UK!). 30ml portion comes in original new style 50ml bottle and extravagant full presentation packaging.
    €41 for 10ml, or €115 for 30ml. 30ml portion in original 50ml bottle and box. 30ml left!

FRAPIN
    375x500.7015.jpg
    L'Humaniste *on the way*
    Fragrantica reviewer: "An amazing marvel of modern masculine perfumery, this radiant spicy citrus woody fougere is one reason to forget your much used bottle of Aventus. The perfume begins with a citrusy peppery burst of lemon, bergamot, cardamon, pink pepper and black pepper. As it begins to settle, one gets notes of juniper berries, nutmeg, thyme and peony. Finally as it settles, a boozy mossy powdery base of gin, oakmoss and tonka is revealed. Unique, haunting, uplifting and revealing every note included in beautiful layer after layer this is a safe and very appealing juice"
    I was just going to write "good schtuff" but I think that guy did a better job! 'Tis good schtuff indeed though....
    €18.50 for 10ml, €50.50 for 30ml, or €73 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

ESCENTRIC MOLECULES
    375x500.845.jpg
    Molecule 01 *on the way*
    Reviews for this are, to put it mildly, wildly differing. Is it a fantastic scent? Does it smell of nothing? Is it actually a practical joke? All depends on your nose it seems! The only active olfactory ingredient in Molecule 01 is Iso E Super. Ya wha?! Iso E Super is used in loads of fragrances as a backing and many well known scents feature cart loads of it (Terre d'Hermes being one example). What it actually smells like seems to be a bit of a mystery though. The most common description is a vague woody / salty / musky smell, but head over to Fragrantica to see it described as smelling like pretty much everything. What does not seems in doubt though is that it essentially acts like a 'booster' for other scents - a bit like salt in cooking, or an adjuvant in a vaccine for the boffins amongst you. So wear it alone and it'll apparently make you smell more like...you. Of particular interest is that a lot of people layer it with other scents to make them 'shimmer', or to extend the drydown. Or maybe it is all a joke - only one way to find out! I can tell you it is VERY popular though.
    €13 for 10ml, €36 for 30ml, or €51 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

OTHERS AVAILABLE *IN HAND* - GUERLAIN, HOUBIGANT, CSP
    479721.jpg

GUERLAIN - Herba Fresca
    Green and minty – with an emphasis on the mint! Unisex and a safe summer wear.
    €13.50 for 10ml, or €33.50 for 25ml. 25ml portion in original 75ml bottle and box. 35ml available.

.........................................................................................................................................

HOUBIGANT - Fougere Royale (coming soon)
    Fougere Royale is perhaps the most important fragrance in the history of perfumery as it was the very first fougere (fern like) fragrance when it was released back in 1882 – a class of fragrances which dominates modern production, especially male fragrances. Expect spicy green smells from this 2010 re release. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €17 for 10ml. 20ml available.

.........................................................................................................................................

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE - Eau des Lagons
    If you wanted a cactus scented fragrance, now’s your chance to grab this from sunny brand CSP! Featuring cactus and salt, this is a very summery, spicy fragrance – unisex and very easy to wear. Really rather good!
    €10.50 for 10ml. 20ml available.

OTHER *OPEN SPLITS* - CREED, BYREDO, ATELIER COLOGNE
    479722.jpg

Remember all of these need to get enough people signed up to go ahead!

CREED - Pure White Cologne
    Perhaps the zenith of clean, citrus colognes, this is from Creed’s top end Royale Exclusives line. High quality, classy and super versatile. Unisex. RRP an eye watering £335 / 75ml (~€390) – yes, you read that correctly.
    €82 for 25ml, or €154 for 50ml.

BYREDO - Pulp
    Perhaps hip Swedish house Byredo’s best fragrance. This offers a very literal interpretation of red fruit pulp and, while naturally at home as a summer fragrance, works surprisingly well in cooler temperatures too.
    €23 / 10ml, €67 / 30ml or €100 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

ATELIER COLOGNE - Pacific Lime
    Brand new from juicy crew Atelier Cologne, this smells of....well....lime! Zingy and sparkling rather than overly sweet, with a backing of eucalyptus.
    €33 for 25ml, or €55 for 50ml.

Ongoing stuff

CREED
    472207.jpg

Aventus *in hand*
    €81 / 50ml.
    A few bottles left.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED *open split*
    €77 / 50ml.
    New split. ETA ~1 month (ish).

AVENTUS FOR HER *in hand*
    €93 / 50ml.
    Four bottles left.

Could I get in on the cafe rose if it's still available Pat please?

Eyespy wrote: »
    Could I get in on the cafe rose if it's still available Pat please?

Sure can!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Pat, I'll grab the 50ml of the Oud Wood, my favourite fragrance and starting to run low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Is anyone else interested in ATELIER COLOGNE - Pacific Lime. ?...

Pat, I'll grab the 50ml of the Oud Wood, my favourite fragrance and starting to run low.
    Sure, that's that gone now.

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Is anyone else interested in ATELIER COLOGNE - Pacific Lime. ?...
    Meant to be very nice actually - very good reviews for a new release. Like several Ateliers it keeps things tart rather than sweet so is apparently very refreshing.

Sure, that's that gone now.

Meant to be very nice actually - very good reviews for a new release. Like several Ateliers it keeps things tart rather than sweet so is apparently very refreshing.

Me but only the 25ml, sorry Pat. Stoneybroke for another month then 😂 But still entertaining hopes that someone might be interested in the Pure White Cologne

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lawlessdublin

Hi Pat. New to the thread and boards. Could I order a bottle of the Creed Aventus 50 ml please?

• Advertisement

Hi Pat. New to the thread and boards. Could I order a bottle of the Creed Aventus 50 ml please?

Sure.

Advertisement