Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GP and Travel Insurance form

• 26-03-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had to cancel a holiday, I had planned due to a family emergence, and so have had to claim back off my travel insurance. They have asked me get the GP to fill out a section of the insurance form. The GP has informed me that it will cost €85 for this form.

Is this a fair charge? It should take them no more than 15 mins to fill it out - I could be seen by the doctor myself for longer, and it would be cheaper. Seems like a very high amount? Is there anything I can do about the cost, other than just pay up?

I don't have the option of going to another doctor, as has to be the patients own GP that fills out the form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

This sounds like it's a medico-legal form that you're asking them to fill out?

In that case, that would be fair as it opens up the possibility of having to defend their statement in a court of law.

Not sure why you'd have to get a GP to fill out something to do with a family emergency though? They should really only be used for health matters. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

RoamingDoc wrote: »

Not sure why you'd have to get a GP to fill out something to do with a family emergency though? They should really only be used for health matters. :confused:

Everything that nobody else can be arsed with ends up at GP door. Need letter for housing ask Gp, need surgery quicker get Gp to write stronger letter, need letter for leaving cert to do supervised away from rest get GP to do one. Worst thing is its not the patient but the school, consultant, county council, social worker that generates this work.

€85 to me sounds expensive I know we charge €20 if its fairly basic. It may have been more complex than the normal though.

Advertisement